The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

I didn't say pitching was the only difference, just the biggest difference.
I guess. They hung 10 on you last night. While the pitching for the Phillies was good it didn’t need to be. I assume the DBacks were throwing their better pitchers the 1st 2 games. If so that doesn’t bode well for them

Hell of a move to pull pfaadt by louville in the fifth inning. Now he can use him in game six or seven if it comes down to it

The Phillies have also scored a ton of runs. 15 total over 2 games. It’s nit just the pitching.
And one run today. That’s the nature of the beast. I’ve seen it all throughout the baseball season still have a team win 15 to nothing and then the next day they could get shut out.

Don’t get me wrong the Phillies have a hell of a team

Last edited:
And one run today. That’s the nature of the beast. I’ve seen it all throughout the baseball season still have a team win 15 to nothing and then the next day they could get shot out.

Don’t get me wrong the Phillies have a hell of a team
A lot of managers would have just rode Tommy, but Louvello is really disciplined on how he uses his pitchers.

Was a great game. Both games tonight were good actually
Both the Rangers and the Phillies were up 2 - 0 in the series

Now it’s hou 3-2.

Ari phi 2-2

It has been very dramatic. Tonight’s games were among the best of postseason history. Schwaber has tied Reggie Jackson, for the all-time postseason home runs by left handed hitters.

Last edited:
Both the Rangers and the Phillies were up 2 - 0 in the series

Now it’s hou 3-2.

Ari phi 2-2

It has been very dramatic. Tonight’s games were among the best of postseason history. Schwaber has tied Reggie Jackson, for the all-time postseason home runs by left handed hitters.
Alek Thomas is one of my favorite new dbacks. They sent him down during the year and then brought him back. He plays a great centerfield and has sneaky power as he showed last night. I hate his swing, he looks like he's always falling backwards but somehow he makes it work. It's a 3 game series now!!!

Alek Thomas is one of my favorite new dbacks. They sent him down during the year and then brought him back. He plays a great centerfield and has sneaky power as he showed last night. I hate his swing, he looks like he's always falling backwards but somehow he makes it work. It's a 3 game series now!!!
It was the best hit of Thomas’s career so far. But surely one of many clutch performances to come.

Lovullo also making excellent decisions. Only having two lefties on his pitching staff. No left-handed starters and two lefties in the bullpen makes things tough.

It was the best hit of Thomas’s career so far. But surely one of many clutch performances to come.

Lovullo also making excellent decisions. Only having two lefties on his pitching staff. No left-handed starters and two lefties in the bullpen makes things tough.
Brent Strom has been great handling the young staff. You'll notice he comes out very quickly to settle down the youngsters. When my son was 12, Strom was doing pitching clinics here and he worked with my son a couple times. He is a true pitching genius.

I think they're pitching has been great except for Kimbrel. He's kind of like Aroldis Chapman, still good but not the dominant closer he used to be.

Yeah, it has been. Just last night seemed like a disaster to me. Closers are just closers. Seems like they gave that game away to the Diamondbacks.

I called the series for the Phils 4 games to 2 down in the FZ, but now I'm not so sure.

Brent Strom has been great handling the young staff. You'll notice he comes out very quickly to settle down the youngsters. When my son was 12, Strom was doing pitching clinics here and he worked with my son a couple times. He is a true pitching genius.
He certainly has experienced The man is 75 years old. I gave him a lot of credit for being able to do what he does.

Forum List

Back