The American Right enters its Hippie phase

i can say Meh about the people here too....we have lefties and righties.....if the majority of the righties here are against legalization i would think a hell of a lot of them in the country feel the same way....
This forum has MAYBE 150 regular posters. It runs minimally 2-1 Trump.
Whenever you see a poll here?
Just laugh :laughing0301:

The concept that today's right wing fanaticism is somehow a mirror of the 1960s radical hippie culture is extremely superficial.

The 1960s radical hippie culture was born out of resentment for the extreme conformity, militarism, money obsessed hypocrisy of the 1950s Conservative culture.

It was catalyzed by the murder of the Democratically elected President, his almost certain to be elected Brother, and of MLK. All major liberal political leader were killed. The result was a semi-facist takeover and an escalation of the war in Vietnam.

In short, the 1960 hippies were fighting to restore the highest standards of American values.

Somehow over the years, the 1960s hippie culture finally became the dominant establishment culture.

Now it's the holdover of the 1950s semi-facist culture that is rebelling against the establishment. They are flailing at the idea that their culture of greed, hypocrisy and domination by a minority is dying.
Thanks Richard - Great post and food for thought!

The concept that today's right wing fanaticism is somehow a mirror of the 1960s radical hippie culture is extremely superficial.

The 1960s radical hippie culture was born out of resentment for the extreme conformity, militarism, money obsessed hypocrisy of the 1950s Conservative culture.

It was catalyzed by the murder of the Democratically elected President, his almost certain to be elected Brother, and of MLK. All major liberal political leader were killed. The result was a semi-facist takeover and an escalation of the war in Vietnam.

In short, the 1960 hippies were fighting to restore the highest standards of American values.

Somehow over the years, the 1960s hippie culture finally became the dominant establishment culture.

Now it's the holdover of the 1950s semi-facist culture that is rebelling against the establishment. They are flailing at the idea that their culture of greed, hypocrisy and domination by a minority is dying.
Not true at all.

Hippy culture was born of getting high and cowardice. The vast majority of war protestors for example were only self centered. Most young mmen who protested the war were only interested in avoiding the draft. When the draft ended so did the protests. Young women simply went to the protests to get high and meet guys.

All the presidents after kennedy were elected and none were fascist semi or otherwise.

The left has many terrorist/radical groups.

Congressional black caucus
Occupy Wallstreet
Black lives don't matter
The squad
Etc...

And the right are the radicals?

Not what I say---- I quoted what YOU said. And pointed out the absurdity of it. There can only be a very limited amount of "intellectualism" to any thread of yours.

Election deniers obviously have a distaste for FACTS.
Could you please rethink your sig line? It's as annoying and anti-science, anti-democracy, illiberal and anti-intellectual as you are! ;)

hippies-1.jpg

Idiot fool, how is promoting totalitarian government like true authority of the rule of law?

And how can republicans push counter-cultural revolution when THEY ARE THE CULTURE America has had for 250 years?

Trying to fundamentally change America is revolution, not authority.

Just as trying to preserve self-autonomy, morality, the family, and a strong America isn't "revolution."

Please drain that oatmeal from yonder cranium and grow a brain.
It's funny how Dr. love proved in his OP who the real liberals are.

Cool - CHOP CHOP!! :D
Are you still calling yourself a liberal and maintain real liberal positions or have you accepted the identity and idiology the Marxists have been trying to give you for decades?

If you truly want to be a liberal and not an authoritarian stooge, then you are my ally.

Last edited:
Please define "real liberal" for the class Boots. Were those the assholes who demonstrated against the Vietnam War and spat in returning vet's faces, or the real liberals who bombed shit like Weather Underground?

Perhaps THESE guys are "real liberals" in your world :dunno:

To answer your question, I don't know if those who spit on returning vets were real liberals.

I know that real liberals did not want to go to war in a foreign country under the threat of prison by their own government.

I also know that a real liberal tends to let others make decisions for themselves.

Nothing about weather underground can be labeled as liberal. Those assholes or leftist terrorists authoritarian terrorists who later put Barack Obama in office. That tells you where he comes from.

A real liberal his one who respects the rights and property of the individual over the government. Collectivism, whether it be regarding rights or property, is the exact opposite of liberalism.

Dows that answer your question?

To answer your question, I don't know if those who spent on returning that were real liberals.

I know that real liberals did not want to go to war in a foreign country under the threat of prison by their own government.

I also know that a real liberal tends to let others make decisions for themselves.

Nothing about weather underground can be labeled as liberal. Those assholes or leftist terrorists authoritarian terrorists who later put Barack Obama in office. That tells you where he comes from.

A real liberal his one who respects the rights and property of the individual over the government. Collectivism, whether it be regarding rights or property, is the exact opposite of liberalism.

Dows that answer your question?
No not really - It dowsn't :cool-45:

Forum List

Back