The American Academy of Pediatrics appears to agree with the President that children are almost immune to covid-19

While the number of infections in children will likely rise as schools open, 'COVID-19-related hospitalizations and deaths in children are "uncommon," and severe illness is "rare,"' so the President is clearly right, according to the American Academy of Pediatricians, and the Democrats' efforts to intensify the sufferings of the Americans people by keeping the schools closed as the election nears is exposed as teh cynical political fraud it is.

If you have "too much time" you should have taken the time to understand the issue better. It is not just about kids getting seriously ill. You own link acknowledges that the number of cases in children will increase. That means that teachers and other staff will be exposed. Those adults, as well as the kids will then bring the virus home and expose others, including those who are at high risk

So the solution is that nothing anywhere can ever open because of the possibility that someone in a vulnerable category MIGHT decide to go there, rather than . . . just off the top of my head, the vulnerable people use some personal responsibility and isolate themselves?!

Explain to me why the entire society has to upend itself to protect them instead of them protecting themselves? What am I missing here?

While the number of infections in children will likely rise as schools open, 'COVID-19-related hospitalizations and deaths in children are "uncommon," and severe illness is "rare,"' so the President is clearly right, according to the American Academy of Pediatricians, and the Democrats' efforts to intensify the sufferings of the Americans people by keeping the schools closed as the election nears is exposed as teh cynical political fraud it is.

Dumbfuck, between 7½% an 9% of all known cases are among kids. While they may not often get very sick from it, their teachers and parents will get exposed.

Conservatives are simply fucking nuts. Ask Herman can how ignoring the danger of COVID-19 worked out for him.
So then you agree that the kids are not in danger and the teachers won't be in anymore danger than other workers who deal with people, so the only reason Democrats want the schools closed is to heap as much misery on the American people as possible before the election and hope voters blame the President.
What the fuck is wrong with you? That's approaching as many as half a million kids who are, or have been, infected. What the hell makes you think kids are not in danger? In one school district in Georgia, 250 students and faculty have already been quarantined and the schools have been open for only 1 week so far. Within a few weeks, the schools will be closed to students and they'll be back to virtual classrooms. Only then will the teachers no longer be in danger from contracting COVID-19 from their students.

No adult in their right mind would clamor to go back into a school full of infected little brats. Nobody is that ungodly dumb. And some of you want it to happen so badly. Well then quit your cushy job and teach.

With the American Academy of Pediatricians' lengthy list of recommendations has for handling COVID-19 by schools it seems to me more of a matter if they can afford to open?

With H1N1 they shut down schools for 14 days if anybody came down with the virus. Sounds like a reasonable approach.

I did notice that he is not putting his son on the front lines of public schools or in harm's way of the infection.

I did notice that you're trying to deflect and obfuscate. This isn't about "Aha! PUBLIC schools!" This is about SCHOOLS. All schools. Does his son go to a school with other children in it? Yes or no? Does the President have any more choice about keeping his son home from school than any other parent if the schools refuse to open? Yes or no?
I am surprised you are bereft of any knowledge about the president's son who attends a school in Maryland....A school which is not having in class learning seasons until October...Why does the president not bear down upon his son's school for not reopening when the king commanded it?

If you have "too much time" you should have taken the time to understand the issue better. It is not just about kids getting seriously ill. You own link acknowledges that the number of cases in children will increase. That means that teachers and other staff will be exposed. Those adults, as well as the kids will then bring the virus home and expose others, including those who are at high risk

So the solution is that nothing anywhere can ever open because of the possibility that someone in a vulnerable category MIGHT decide to go there, rather than . . . just off the top of my head, the vulnerable people use some personal responsibility and isolate themselves?!

Explain to me why the entire society has to upend itself to protect them instead of them protecting themselves? What am I missing here?
Dhaaaa I don't know .Maybe because when others are careless, it endangers others regardless of what precautions they take. Give me a fucking break!

With the American Academy of Pediatricians' lengthy list of recommendations has for handling COVID-19 by schools it seems to me more of a matter if they can afford to open?

With H1N1 they shut down schools for 14 days if anybody came down with the virus. Sounds like a reasonable approach.
This is not H1N1. With H1N1, there were about 12,000 deaths out of about 61 million cases. 0.02% died once infected. With COVID-19, there have been 166,160 deaths out of 5.25 million cases. 3.2%. And it's higher than 3.2% since many of the currently infected people will die. That makes COVID-19 at least 161 times deadlier than H1N1.

No such inference is made.
You can try to deny it all you want, but we all know that is the Democrats' election strategy.

No such inference is made.
You can try to deny it all you want, but we all know that is the Democrats' election strategy.

Again, no such inference was made.

Dumbfuck, between 7½% an 9% of all known cases are among kids. While they may not often get very sick from it, their teachers and parents will get exposed.

Conservatives are simply fucking nuts. Ask Herman can how ignoring the danger of COVID-19 worked out for him.
So then you agree that the kids are not in danger and the teachers won't be in anymore danger than other workers who deal with people, so the only reason Democrats want the schools closed is to heap as much misery on the American people as possible before the election and hope voters blame the President.
What the fuck is wrong with you? That's approaching as many as half a million kids who are, or have been, infected. What the hell makes you think kids are not in danger? In one school district in Georgia, 250 students and faculty have already been quarantined and the schools have been open for only 1 week so far. Within a few weeks, the schools will be closed to students and they'll be back to virtual classrooms. Only then will the teachers no longer be in danger from contracting COVID-19 from their students.

How stupid can you be? The American Academy of Pediatricians say children who are infected rarely become seriously ill and almost never die.

'COVID-19-related hospitalizations and deaths in children are "uncommon," and severe illness is "rare,"'

So send the kids to school....let other kids teach them that way no teacher gets sick.

How stupid can you be? The American Academy of Pediatricians say children who are infected rarely become seriously ill and almost never die.

'COVID-19-related hospitalizations and deaths in children are "uncommon," and severe illness is "rare,"'

Dumbduck, it's about who those kids will infect who will die. What the fuck is wrong with you that you completely block that out of your feeble brain?

Dumbduck, it's about who those kids will infect who will die. What the fuck is wrong with you that you completely block that out of your feeble brain?
Every time I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you put up another post and prove me wrong.

So send the kids to school....let other kids teach them that way no teacher gets sick.
There is no reason to think that teachers will be at anymore risk than the people who work at checkout counters in supermarkets if they take reasonable precautions. The Democrats just want to shut down America before the elections in the hope voters will blame the President for their misery.

Every time I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you put up another post and prove me wrong.
Spits an abject imbecile who doesn't know even kids can spread COVID-19.
icon_rolleyes.gif

There is no reason to think that teachers will be at anymore risk than the people who work at checkout counters in supermarkets if they take reasonable precautions. The Democrats just want to shut down America before the elections in the hope voters will blame the President for their misery.
Imbecile, where I live, people who have any symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to work in supermarkets. So teachers are at lower risk when shopping than they are in their own classrooms. Once again, you prove to be dumber than dogshit.

Find one case of any child giving it to a teacher in the entire world.

SARS-CoV-2 is in the Coronavirus family ... and is a deadly form of the common cold ... are you claiming teachers are magically immune from the common cold? ... like The 'Yote said above, children aren't immune from the common cold, they just don't get very sick from it ... teachers in their 50's and 60's with other health issues can get very very sick, even dying, from this particular strain of the common cold ...

Don't get me wrong ... SARS is here to stay ... not opening schools today for this means never opening them ... parents will have to educate their own children, or children will go uneducated ... it's the smart who are getting richer, the stupid who are getting poorer ...

All you had to say was "I'm a retard and I couldn't back myself up with actual facts."

The rest is just unsupported bullshit from someone who got caught making stuff up.

Look at it this way little buddy, if HALF of what you just claimed was true you should easily be able to find a single case of it happening in a world of 7 billion people but you can't.

Try thinking next time.
How to prove it? How to prove that it isn't happening? Kids are first being exposed to others when they return to school. Most little kids were kept in their homes doe to concerned parents. Thimk!

No adult in their right mind would clamor to go back into a school full of infected little brats. Nobody is that ungodly dumb. And some of you want it to happen so badly. Well then quit your cushy job and teach.

Those adults already chose to work in a school full of "infected little brats". In case you were unaware of it, in your hatred of children, but they by definition are germ factories in large groups on any given day. Perhaps instead of getting their panties in a ruffle about parents "unreasonably" expecting them to do the job they applied for, they should go get another job. Pretty sure I don't get to decide not to come to work because the CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD parameters of my job are suddenly not to my liking. And I sure don't get to vilify my clients for expecting me to work.

Forum List

Back