The age-old sales pitch ... tax the rich. How about just untaxing, poor working people?

Flat tax? What is a "flat income tax" ? What is the definition of "income" under your "flat tax" ? Is it a "direct tax"? Does everyone pay an equal share under your "flat tax"?

What is needed is to end all taxes calculated from profits, gains, salaries, tips, wages, and all other lawfully realized money and return to our constitution's original tax plan as expressed in the Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment.
I'm sorry, but if you don't know what a flat income tax is, you really shouldn't be attempting to discuss this at all.

I'm sorry, but if you don't know what a flat income tax is, you really shouldn't be attempting to discuss this at all.
Seems to me you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about since you cannot answer some basic questions about what you promote.

What is a "flat income tax"?

What is the definition of "income" under your "flat tax"?

Is it a "direct tax"?

Does everyone pay an equal share under your "flat tax"?

Remember when the previous Republican nominee was mad at poor people and wanted to tax them more?

And despite that, yall still made him the GOP nominee....that was fun....

It is will also be fun when you defend what he said, just because I criticized it

Take your blinders off my friend. The two political party Leadership's in Congress work hand in hand to screw over America's laboring class citizens.

I remember the far left Occupy Wall Street protests.
Their chant was the 99% vs the 1%.
There is a never-ending incredible irony with the Crazy Left Wingers.
The 1% ruling over the 99% is exactly what Marxism is.
The Left Wingers are Idiots.

View attachment 771529

I remember reading or hearing that the parents of most of the Occupy Wall Street crowd are in the 1% category . . . the well to do.

A wage earner who earns about $12,000 a year pays about 12% to our federal government, not to mention the thousands of hidden federal taxes on the necessities of life.

Stop making shit up!
Not really. a wage earner earning up to about $14,000 pays nothing, considering the standard deduction.

If he earns $25,000, after subtracting the deduction, he is left with $11,000, on which he pays 10%. So someone with a salary of $25,000 pays $1100, or slightly more than 4% of his income.

Not really. a wage earner earning up to about $14,000 pays nothing, considering the standard deduction.

If he earns $25,000, after subtracting the deduction, he is left with $11,000, on which he pays 10%. So someone with a salary of $25,000 pays $1100, or slightly more than 4% of his income.
Did you miss the following?

"A single taxpayer in the 22 percent tax bracket pays: 10 percent on income up to $10,275 12 percent on income between $10,275 and $41,775 22 percent for income above $41,775 According to the IRS tax tables, a person with taxable income of $50,000 would owe $6,623 in federal income taxes, or 13 percent of their taxable income."

The original comment was with reference to taxable income . . . that is, after deductions.

Do you consider a person living in NYC who earns $45,000 a year not "poor"?

Did you miss the following?

"A single taxpayer in the 22 percent tax bracket pays: 10 percent on income up to $10,275 12 percent on income between $10,275 and $41,775 22 percent for income above $41,775 According to the IRS tax tables, a person with taxable income of $50,000 would owe $6,623 in federal income taxes, or 13 percent of their taxable income."

The original comment was with reference to taxable income . . . that is, after deductions.

Do you consider a person living in NYC who earns $45,000 a year not "poor"?
You said someone earning $14,000 pays 12%, and that’s wrong. He pays nothing.

As far as earning $45,000 in NYC, you‘re right - it’s unaffordable. That person will have to do what I and all my friends did when we were starting out and had low salaries: we lived in modest neighborhoods in the suburbs of the city, sharing apartments.

And that comment was meant with respect to taxable income, and just happens to be accurate.
Then you don’t say “someone who earns $14,000.” That was misleading, to make people think those with minimal wage jobs have to pay income tax.

Then you don’t say “someone who earns $14,000.” That was misleading, to make people think those with minimal wage jobs have to pay income tax.
The original comment I was responding to was "Poor people are not taxed now" LINK

The truth is, poor people are being federally taxed on their earned wages, in addition to the hundreds of hidden federal indirect taxes levied on the necessities of life.

The original comment I was responding to was "Poor people are not taxed now" LINK

The truth is, poor people are being federally taxed on their earned wages, in addition to the hundreds of hidden federal indirect taxes levied on the necessities of life.
And poor people are getting housing subsidies, food stamps, child tax credit, free breakfasts and lunches, etc., etc. So what if they are repaying a tiny amount of that via federal indirect taxes?

A poor person with a couple of kids is getting the equivalent of a $50,000 salary. We need to stop making it more lucrative for people to refuse jobs and live off OPM.

And poor people are getting housing subsidies, food stamps, child tax credit, free breakfasts and lunches, etc., etc.

Indeed, they are being made dependent upon government for their necessities of life by a tax which robs the bread they earn by the sweat of their labor.

Indeed, they are being made dependent upon government for their necessities of life by a tax which robs the bread they earn by the sweat of their labor.
They are getting tons of freebies from government, and are net takers. You’re trying to claim that if they govt didn’t tax then $500, they would be able to get by without all the rent subsidies, food stamps, TANF payments, child tax credits, and free this and that?

They are getting tons of freebies from government, and are net takers. You’re trying to claim that if they govt didn’t tax then $500, they would be able to get by without all the rent subsidies, food stamps, TANF payments, child tax credits, and free this and that?

Those are your words. Not mine.

The free stuff you mention offered by the federal government makes a very large voting block dependent on the federal government. Are you not familiar with the maxim expressed by Hamilton?

A POWER OVER A MAN's SUBSISTENCE AMOUNTS TO A POWER OVER HIS WILL ____ Hamilton, No. 79 Federalist Papers

The unconstitutional Social Security Act was one of the first major steps by our federal government to control elections by making the people dependent upon the federal government for their necessities of life. The first major step was conning the American people into adopting the Sixteenth Amendment which is now used in a manner which oppresses those who work for their money [wage-earners who sell the property each has in their own labor] by hindering them from accumulating property and wealth by direct taxation, while those who have money working [the millionaires referenced during the 1909 Sixteenth Amendment debates] get special treatment and tax exemptions when calculating taxable profits and/or gains [collectively called "incomes" within the Sixteenth Amendment] which are denied to those who work for their money.

JWK

"No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken." ___ Article 1, Section 9, Clause 4

New Topics

Forum List

Back