Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You are born again as another living thing

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You become spiritual oneness with the universe

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
The Roman Catholic Church claims that salvation is by grace through the shed blood of Christ on the cross. But in practice and other teachings, how true is their affirmation of that crucial doctrine?

Historically, Roman Catholicism has maintained that Jesus merely made the way open for salvation. But to enter into that salvation, one must live in obedience to the authority of the papacy. In addition, Jesus' provision for salvation not being complete, the Church offers other means to assure one's salvation.

It is through the Roman Catholic Church alone that salvation in its fullest sense can be attained.

You darn right we believe in our actions and the Pope doesn't expect anything of one that a preacher does not.
I have yet to meet a pope and also a Priest never bossed me around. We are taught free will. We depend on the honor system.
Indulgence - Wikipedia

You have a problem with living a life of integrity, and want to depend on what Jesus did at the cross, all your sins are upon him, is a real true cop out,
same as predestination , gives one an excuse for anything they want to do. We all have free will.

It's not a cop out. We are strictly talking SALVATION.
You do not need to obey the Pope for salvation, and, you can not be prayed to heaven. Jesus is the ONLY way. It is clearly stated in the Bible.

The Roman Catholic Church claims that salvation is by grace through the shed blood of Christ on the cross. But in practice and other teachings, how true is their affirmation of that crucial doctrine?

Historically, Roman Catholicism has maintained that Jesus merely made the way open for salvation. But to enter into that salvation, one must live in obedience to the authority of the papacy. In addition, Jesus' provision for salvation not being complete, the Church offers other means to assure one's salvation.

It is through the Roman Catholic Church alone that salvation in its fullest sense can be attained.

You darn right we believe in our actions and the Pope doesn't expect anything of one that a preacher does not.
I have yet to meet a pope and also a Priest never bossed me around. We are taught free will. We depend on the honor system.
Indulgence - Wikipedia

You have a problem with living a life of integrity, and want to depend on what Jesus did at the cross, all your sins are upon him, is a real true cop out,
same as predestination , gives one an excuse for anything they want to do. We all have free will.

You do not need to obey the Pope for salvation, and, you can not be prayed to heaven. Jesus is the ONLY way. It is clearly stated in the Bible.

My opinion, one can be an atheist and live a life of integrity and if there is salvation and life after physical death, one can enter. I don't care what someone wrote in the bible.

Indulgence - Wikipedia

Also if you think Purgatory is something the RCC made up, think again, the protestants leave the books of Maccabees out for a reason, it was then that purgatory and indulgences became a jewish ideation.
What is the Jewish afterlife like?

When I see the TV preachers and the health and healing and prosperity ones on TV I can puke. All your doing is giving money to a man, making him rich and his people, instead of giving it to an organization that is the NO 1 charitable in the world and largest health system.

This is the afterlife. Its a fugue state behind many vales where we're not connected to much of anything outside of ourselves, we can't figure out what to watch on Sunday TV, but we're worried if theres a Creator and afterlife

True one must be self reflective before engaging in communion, and the wafer or host while made by nuns and others needs to be blessed by the Priest before it turns into the body of Christ.

Discernment is not about self reflection. Its about understanding what the Body of Christ is, words that form the body of teaching that Jesus received from God. Now you know.

A priest can never turn the eucharist, made by human hands, into words from God that are both spirit and life.

You have been deceived by the oldest trick in the serpents book. Is that too hard to believe?

If you really want to receive eternal life, the next time a priest tries to hand you the eucharist and claims ' "this is the Body of Christ," just say, "No, its not."

then get the hell of out of that tomb, join the living, and find something better to do with your time on Sundays and you will learn what life after death is really like.

What kind of Christian are you, one who eats crackers and grape juice once a month.

Crackers and grape juice? lol...don't be silly. I prefer the hard stuff....

Last edited:
True one must be self reflective before engaging in communion, and the wafer or host while made by nuns and others needs to be blessed by the Priest before it turns into the body of Christ.

Discernment is not about self reflection. Its about understanding what the Body of Christ is, words that form the body of teaching that Jesus received from God. Now you know.

A priest can never turn the eucharist, made by human hands, into words from God that are both spirit and life.

You have been deceived by the oldest trick in the serpents book. Is that too hard to believe?

If you really want to receive eternal life, the next time a priest tries to hand you the eucharist and claims ' "this is the Body of Christ," just say, "No, its not."

then get the hell of out of that tomb, join the living, and find something better to do with your time on Sundays and you will learn what life after death is really like.

What kind of Christian are you, one who eats crackers and grape juice once a month.

He does not say This is the body of Christ, he says body of Christ. We all know it does not change into anything, the priest is acting as Jesus on earth during the his last supper, blessing the bread. It has been that way for centuries, as a child we would told it was spiritual, no one in their right mind believes the host changes into body and flesh, some use to years ago. They would treat blessed hosts as the body of Christ, and defend it with their life. Having a host turn red is real caused by
Serratia marcescens: The Miracle Bacillus.

Good luck with that in Church unless Catholic or Lutheran.

The spiritualist view (which is supported by speaking with the spirit world) is that we do indeed go to a higher dimension after we die. But that is the real world and the physical universe is simply a plane of experience.
We spend some time in the spirit world and most of us eventually realize we cannot evolve further unless we reincarnate. Because there is no pressure in the spirit world and we cannot resolve our karma.
So we reincarnate as humans (not lower animals) and continue to evolve through as many incarnations as it takes to reach a state of grace where we no longer need further incarnations. After that we continue to evolve as immortal spirits.
We spend some time in the spirit world and most of us eventually realize we cannot evolve further unless we reincarnate.

So we reincarnate as humans (not lower animals)

are you sure after the realization that spirit makes the choice for what they reincarnate as - there seems a lack of accountability in your scenario for what they do realize and if it is out of their hands being incomplete how is it their choice to be human is guaranteed or even the desired way to return, why do you belittle and separate humanity nature.

images

spiritually, why do you believe you are more advanced than a lion or if you are incomplete why return as a human when they actually seem to be losing their spirituality and will probably devolve to extinction.

He does not say This is the body of Christ, he says body of Christ. We all know it does not change into anything, the priest is acting as Jesus on earth during the his last supper, blessing the bread. It has been that way for centuries, as a child we would told it was spiritual, no one in their right mind believes the host changes into body and flesh, some use to years ago. They would treat blessed hosts as the body of Christ, and defend it with their life. Having a host turn red is real caused by

Listen Penelope, I will try to make this as simple as possible.

Remember what Jesus said?

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, chop it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell.…

Even after a brief examination you have been found to be infected with a virulent and terminal disease.

You can put some clothes on now.

If you hope to survive its time to start gouging and chopping.

There will be no prize awaiting you in Heaven for obstinately clinging to irrational archaic superstitions of the past, except for maybe the dufus of the day...

Last edited:

Listen Penelope, I will try to make this as simple as possible.

Remember what Jesus said?

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, chop it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell.…

Even after a brief examination you have been found to be infected with a virulent and terminal disease.

You can put some clothes on now.

If you hope to survive its time to start gouging and chopping.

I have yet to see a self inflicted one eyed one handed Christian walking around. If you see one let us know.

Indulgence - Wikipedia

My opinion, one can be an atheist and live a life of integrity and if there is salvation and life after physical death, one can enter. I don't care what someone wrote in the bible.
And I don't care that you are a drone goosestepping to the RCC. See how that goes?

If there really are 72 virgins for Muslims, I'm going to be so pissed that I picked the wrong religion!
I'm going for 72 whores. In the afterlife I want women that know how to please.

If there really are 72 virgins for Muslims, I'm going to be so pissed that I picked the wrong religion!
I'm going 72 whores. In the afterlife I want women that know how to please.

I heard it was 72 virgins that don't know squat about pleasing anybody but themselves. Good luck with that, I'll settle for one woman that knows what she's doing.

I'm going 72 whores. In the afterlife I want women that know how to please.

I heard it was 72 virgins that don't know squat about pleasing anybody but themselves. Good luck with that, I'll settle for one woman that knows what she's doing.
I agree that one is enough (if she knows what she is doing).

The spiritualist view (which is supported by speaking with the spirit world) is that we do indeed go to a higher dimension after we die. But that is the real world and the physical universe is simply a plane of experience.
We spend some time in the spirit world and most of us eventually realize we cannot evolve further unless we reincarnate. Because there is no pressure in the spirit world and we cannot resolve our karma.
So we reincarnate as humans (not lower animals) and continue to evolve through as many incarnations as it takes to reach a state of grace where we no longer need further incarnations. After that we continue to evolve as immortal spirits.
We spend some time in the spirit world and most of us eventually realize we cannot evolve further unless we reincarnate.

So we reincarnate as humans (not lower animals)

are you sure after the realization that spirit makes the choice for what they reincarnate as - there seems a lack of accountability in your scenario for what they do realize and if it is out of their hands being incomplete how is it their choice to be human is guaranteed or even the desired way to return, why do you belittle and separate humanity nature.

images

spiritually, why do you believe you are more advanced than a lion or if you are incomplete why return as a human when they actually seem to be losing their spirituality and will probably devolve to extinction.

I was at a trance lecture about reincarnation at the spiritualist association in London during the 1970's
A medium was purportedly take in trance by a spirit guide who spoke through her. After the lecture there was time for questions and the medium was still in trance. So in theory it was the spirit guide answering the questions. I asked her if animals evolved to become humans and she said " No, each species evolves to perfection in its own right "
Hindus believe that we reincarnate as animals but I do not. For the above reasons.
In any case it makes no sense that we might devolve into something less. Spiritual evolution is an ever onward upward process that leads us back to unity with God. Humans are a family of souls that evolve together as a group, both on this and on other planets.

No sex in the afterlife. (no need to procreate):badgrin:

I agree, I have heard a spirit guide say sex is neutral in the spirit world. Spirits do not reproduce.

I heard you don't even have a dick; I ain't going. :badgrin:

You may be right about that. There would be no point in the spirit body having sex organs. I believe spirit bodies are asexual. But I never heard a spirit guide state that for a fact.

Forum List

Back