Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You are born again as another living thing

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You become spiritual oneness with the universe

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Lotta hate on this board. Does it make you feel any better? And if it does, what does that say about you as a person? And if it doesn't then why are you wasting your time writing hateful posts?
you really mean there is a lot of desert religion represented that throughout history has produced "Lotta hate" by deception since after the 1st century events, you included.

No, that's only what you mean. Do you consider yourself a tolerant person? Is your mind pretty much closed on the subject of religion, any religion? Looks to me like you have formed a conclusion and then built your argument to support that conclusion with your own opinions and theories, right or wrong.
No, that's only what you mean. Do you consider yourself a tolerant person? Is your mind pretty much closed on the subject of religion, any religion? Looks to me like you have formed a conclusion and then built your argument to support that conclusion with your own opinions and theories, right or wrong.

No, that's only what you mean.

you really mean there is a lot of desert religion represented that throughout history has produced "Lotta hate" by deception since after the 1st century events, you included.

recorded history is not a means but an end, why do you associate hatred with those that can prove the hatred that has existed for centuries and would require hatred to deny as your type do to continue on your merry way of blind injustice committing the same crimes over and over again. christianity.

as stated before the religion that was revived by the 1st century is only 6 words long - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - that is not what your 4th century book represents or anything remotely related to any triumph at all.

edit:

read the below after my post, still why defend recorded history as though it never happened, they have some explaining to do before accusing others of hatred.
task0778: Cards on the table, I ain't a Christian and I do not believe in Heaven, Hell, or Satan. I do however believe there is a God, maybe more than one, and I think there is an afterlife.

Last edited:
"recorded history is not a means but an end, why do you associate hatred with those that can prove the hatred that has existed for centuries and would require hatred to deny as your type do to continue on your merry way of blind injustice committing the same crimes over and over again. christianity.

as stated before the religion that was revived by the 1st century is only 6 words long - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - that is not what your 4th century book represents or anything remotely related to any triumph at all. "

You can't prove jack squat, all you can do is offer up your own opinions. Which you are entitled to, but not your own facts.

It is crystal clear that your blind hatred of Christianity requires you to twist anything and everything you can to fit your narrative. And you don't even see it as hatred. What has Christianity done to you to deserve so much animosity? It's not like the Catholic Church was the only institution in the last 2000 years where atrocities were committed in it's name. I get the impression your hate is focused just on them and nobody else. Let's not pretend that crusades and wars fought in the name of Christianity weren't in fact actually fought for other reasons: money, power, etc. The Spanish Inquisition was an excuse to rob Jews and others of their rightful land and wealth.

I just don't see it. I don't know that anybody has ever hated me; people got mad at me sometimes, probably rightfully so. I don't know that hating somebody back who hates me is all that wise until and unless they've done something against me. Some people hate other people for the color of their skin and their religious views, ethnicity, wealth, etc. Pretty stupid actually, so I'm wondering: why do you hate Christianity? Your scorn and disdain is obvious, but why?

Last edited:
"recorded history is not a means but an end, why do you associate hatred with those that can prove the hatred that has existed for centuries and would require hatred to deny as your type do to continue on your merry way of blind injustice committing the same crimes over and over again. christianity.

as stated before the religion that was revived by the 1st century is only 6 words long - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - that is not what your 4th century book represents or anything remotely related to any triumph at all. "

You can't prove jack squat, all you can do is offer up your own opinions. Which you are entitled to, but not your own facts.

It is crystal clear that your blind hatred of Christianity requires you to twist anything and everything you can to fit your narrative. And you don't even see it as hatred. What has Christianity done to you to deserve so much animosity? It's not like the Catholic Church was the only institution in the last 2000 years where atrocities were committed in it's name. I get the impression your hate is focused just on them and nobody else. Let's not pretend that crusades and wars fought in the name of Christianity weren't in fact actually fought for other reasons: money, power, etc. The Spanish Inquisition was an excuse to rob Jews and others of their rightful land and wealth.

I just don't see it. I don't know that anybody has ever hated me; people got mad at me sometimes, probably rightfully so. I don't know that hating somebody back who hates me is all that wise until and unless they've done something against me. Some people hate other people for the color of their skin and their religious views, ethnicity, wealth, etc. Pretty stupid actually, so I'm wondering: why do you hate Christianity? Your scorn and disdain is obvious, but why?
Perhaps he has distaste for most or all religions, and he just so happens to bump into more Christians here.

Last edited:

It is crystal clear that your blind hatred of Christianity requires you to twist anything and everything you can to fit your narrative.

2nd time is the charm, get back with me when you learn to address the content of a post you are commenting on -

What has Christianity done to you to deserve so much animosity?

"recorded history"

that was the subject matter imply as you like a personal animosity it only illustrates your initial motive of accusation about hatred to illicit your true intent to find fault with others to manage your own accounts.

Perhaps he has distaste for most or all religions, and he just so happens to bump into more Christians here.

Maybe. But it's not just him, many posters around here seem to have more than just a distaste, it's an intolerance that seems to me to be over done. Mostly at Christianity. And of course they're entitled to think and write what they want, but the vitriol and the condescension gets to be a little bit offensive. It seems to me that intolerance ought to be confronted depending on the issue and how objectionable one gets. By all means speak your piece, but I see no need to be disrespectful about it.

Maybe. But it's not just him, many posters around here seem to have more than just a distaste, it's an intolerance that seems to me to be over done. Mostly at Christianity. And of course they're entitled to think and write what they want, but the vitriol and the condescension gets to be a little bit offensive. It seems to me that intolerance ought to be confronted depending on the issue and how objectionable one gets. By all means speak your piece, but I see no need to be disrespectful about it.
Disrespectful to people, or to Christianity? I am not religious, and I find some the claims of Christianity, when made by Christians, to be the height of arrogance and evil. since I do not believe any of them, I don't typically have a lot to say. But I do know that many Christians, while threatening people with eternal suffering if they do not adopt their beliefs, will then claim some sort of bullying or oppression when they are criticized or ridiculed. I find that to be a bit ironic.

I think that being disrespectful to Christianity is also being disrespectful to those who believe in that religion. If someone is scornful or intolerant of a religion then what does that say to those who follow it's beliefs and practices? It's like badmouthing a political point of view, those who support that view are going to feel disrespected. I didn't say you were an idiot, but what you believe in is really stupid. That is essentially what you're saying, but it doesn't fly.

Don't know about the company you keep, but in all my years I have never been threatened with damnation, hellfire, and brimstone if I don't accept Jesus Christ. Not once. If it happens then it's more a problem with the individual(s) doing the proselytizing than the religion. Did Jesus ever say to his disciples to go out into the world and scare the hell out of people to get them to believe? I'm not knowledgeable in the Bible, but where does it say in the New Testament to do that?

I think that being disrespectful to Christianity is also being disrespectful to those who believe in that religion. If someone is scornful or intolerant of a religion then what does that say to those who follow it's beliefs and practices? It's like badmouthing a political point of view, those who support that view are going to feel disrespected. I didn't say you were an idiot, but what you believe in is really stupid. That is essentially what you're saying, but it doesn't fly.

Don't know about the company you keep, but in all my years I have never been threatened with damnation, hellfire, and brimstone if I don't accept Jesus Christ. Not once. If it happens then it's more a problem with the individual(s) doing the proselytizing than the religion. Did Jesus ever say to his disciples to go out into the world and scare the hell out of people to get them to believe? I'm not knowledgeable in the Bible, but where does it say in the New Testament to do that?

"I think that being disrespectful to Christianity is also being disrespectful to those who believe in that religion."

Could not disagree more. You are reserving special privileges for Christianity. If I criticized Astrology as utter nonsense and stupid, would you say the same? No. How about, a Ouija board? How about the idea that you will be rewarded with 72 virgins for blowing up infidels at a bus stop? You are reserving special privilege for Christianity. what about, evolution? Plenty of people like to call that a "religion", as you may have noticed. Now, before you get too defensive, that's not a value judgment. I haven't implied or argued there is anything wrong with reserving that special privilege. I am just trying to demonstrate the separation between criticizing a person and criticizing an idea, or a dogma.

Last edited:

"Don't know about the company you keep, but in all my years I have never been threatened with damnation, hellfire, and brimstone if I don't accept Jesus Christ. Not once."

Good for you. I think it would be more appropriate for me to marvel at the company YOU keep, than vice versa, as it was literally taught to me in a Lutheran Catechism class. And to hear of the dire effects of non-belief, all I had to do was ask literally any Christian I met. Never once did they say, "Oh, nothing, you will be just as fine.", I can promise you that. The dogma is what it is. If you reject parts of it, good for you. That's reformation, in action.

"I think that being disrespectful to Christianity is also being disrespectful to those who believe in that religion."

Could not disagree more. You are reserving special privileges for Christianity. If I criticized Astrology as utter nonsense and stupid, would you say the same? No. How about, a Ouija board? How about the idea that you will be rewarded with 72 virgins for blowing up infidels at a bus stop? You are reserving special privilege for Christianity. Now, before you get too defensive, that's not a value judgment. I haven't implied or argued there is anything wrong with reserving that special privilege. I am just trying to demonstrate the separation between criticizing a person and criticizing an idea, or a dogma.

I don't think disrespecting Astrology or Quija boards equates to dissing Christianity. A lotta people care very deeply about their Christian religion, not so many are gonna get too worked up over the other stuff Funny thing, people have a big problem with dissing Islam, can't hurt their feelings, oh no! Or any other religion for that matter. But no problem dissing Christianity, double standard maybe? Sometimes it appears as though every other religion is getting special privileges that Christianity isn't. When's the last time a gay person went into a muslim bakery and asked for a wedding cake? Why is that?

There's a difference between being critical and being intolerant and disrespectful. I can criticize Christianity for it's position on homosexuality, I think it's wrong, but that doesn't make them evil people or make Christianity an evil religion. That doesn't mean I can or should say some of the hateful things that have been posted in this thread about Christianity. Criticism is one thing, intolerance is another. You can be critical without being disrespectful; the same cannot be said about being intolerant.

upload_2017-9-10_0-22-49.jpeg

who's kidding who ... hating has always been the history of 4th century christianity and their harbingers.

"Don't know about the company you keep, but in all my years I have never been threatened with damnation, hellfire, and brimstone if I don't accept Jesus Christ. Not once."

Good for you. I think it would be more appropriate for me to marvel at the company YOU keep, than vice versa, as it was literally taught to me in a Lutheran Catechism class. And to hear of the dire effects of non-belief, all I had to do was ask literally any Christian I met. Never once did they say, "Oh, nothing, you will be just as fine.", I can promise you that. The dogma is what it is. If you reject parts of it, good for you. That's reformation, in action.

So you went looking to be threatened? You already knew what they would say cuz you attended that catechism class and now you're bitching about it? I'm astounded. You're telling me you hate and disrespect Christianity based on responses you got from questions you asked when you knew what answer you would get. They're entitled to believe whatever they want to, where's the skin coming off your ass here? I'm not seeing the outrageous treatment that one might say calls for intolerance.

Most people at any job I ever worked at did not discuss religion, nor at home, nor at social events. It's kind of discouraged at most places of business, and proselytizers often find themselves out of a job. I've had the occasional knock on my door from a Jehovah Witness person or whatever, but a simple "Not interested" and closing the door ends the situation. I don't think it's the big deal that some make it out to be but who knows, maybe I've lived a charmed life.

Okay, we've just about beaten this discussion into the ground. I have issues with religious intolerance, or any other kind of intolerance for that matter. It ain't right and IMHO ought to be confronted. And BTW I don't want a tissue, thanks for not asking.

Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think it is?
If not, why do you think we are here - or is there no reason?
Don't forget Purgatory.

You are obviously not up on your Catholic doctrine.

Or else you slept through catechism.

Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

I couldn't answer. I don't know what happens. I know what I WANT to happen. That's all any of us can do.

I don't know if there is or is not an afterlife but I do hope there is. My mom died when I was just under 2 years old. It would be great to have another chance to know her.

Last edited:
I don't think we die and then return. Some might. I think it's a choice. If you want to come back and try to remedy wrong done in your previous life, then you can, but it is not mandatory. I do NOT wish to return here again in any form. I don't believe I will be forced to. I also think we are all spirit...connecting to one higher energy (God), and all living beings return to the loving spirit (God). This includes animals. Wild and tame. They are not given a choice. They are animals, and pure in spirit already. Humans on the other hand are given choices..in this life...or the next.

Lotta hate on this board. Does it make you feel any better? And if it does, what does that say about you as a person? And if it doesn't then why are you wasting your time writing hateful posts?
What's hateful about decomposition of the body?

It's as dispassionate as it gets

Oh, I think not. This is you, Bub. Are you also that dishonest?

Hateful:

synonyms: detestable, horrible, horrid, unpleasant, awful, nasty, disagreeable, despicable, objectionable, insufferable, revolting, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, odious, disgusting, distasteful, obnoxious, offensive, vile, heinous, ghastly, beastly; informal godawful

I often wonder what's wrong with people who think everyone else is hateful.

Personally I think it stems from some sort of inferiority complex

What happens after we die is pretty straightforward.

The body decomposes.

What's hateful about decomposition of the body?

It's as dispassionate as it gets

Oh, I think not. This is you, Bub. Are you also that dishonest?

Hateful:

synonyms: detestable, horrible, horrid, unpleasant, awful, nasty, disagreeable, despicable, objectionable, insufferable, revolting, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, odious, disgusting, distasteful, obnoxious, offensive, vile, heinous, ghastly, beastly; informal godawful

I often wonder what's wrong with people who think everyone else is hateful.

Personally I think it stems from some sort of inferiority complex

What happens after we die is pretty straightforward.

The body decomposes.

I think people think others are hateful because of how they are treated. This could, however, create an inferiority complex. I think all people are pretty selfish and self absorbed, but, I think that is our nature, as we are built to want to survive, mentally and physically

Don't forget Purgatory.

Catholicism is cultish and very damaging

Don't forget Purgatory.

Catholicism is cultish and very damaging

No Catholicism is not a cult, it the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, what is a cult is Evangelicals and Fundamentalist. Without RC you would not have the Bible or Christianity.

Forum List

Back