The Abortionist Guide to America

My 16 year old granddaughter is pregnant and says she going kill herself if she doesn't get an abortion. Although I've heard something like this before, I naturally prefer the former to later. Since we live in Washington State which is a free state, she will visit us and get an abortion. This got me thinking about where abortion was legal so I did a state by state search. And guess what , in most states an abortion is available without leaving your state..

29 states allow free access to abortion at least up to 15 weeks or more.
21 states completely outlaw abortion with the exception of health of the mother. Some of the states states allow an exemption for rape or incest but that often requires a court action.

The Bible Belt

There are few exceptions in the Bible Belt, that is the salve states. If you're not familiar with the term, this is Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Unless you can prove that you'll die if you don't have an abortion or that you're a victim of rape or incest as directed by court, then you're going have to travel to get an abortion. It is estimated that 50% of those in states that do not have accessed to abortion will not be able to travel. Texas allows you to get an abortion in the first 6 weeks which means you may be able to meet the deadline but most won't.

So where do you go if you live here in God's country. If you're in Texas, you can cross the border. Into Mexico. The Supreme Count of Mexico recently ruled unanimously that abortion was not a crime. You can also go to New Mexico which a free state but because it is rural state, you'll find it hard to find abortion clinics. Your best bet is probably Colorado, a free state that welcomes women seeking a choice in an abortion. For the rest of these states Florida, North Carolina, or Colorado are you're best bet.

Florida
Florida is a semi-free state meaning you can get an abortion up to 15 weeks

North Carolina.
Driving North, skip South Carolina, another slave state. In North Carolina it's most likely you will be welcome. I say most likely because there is a contingent of legislators seeking to take away a woman's right to choose, but the odds are they will fail in this state.

Virginia
You will be welcome in Virginia but there is a movement to limit abortion to the first 15 weeks.

West Virginia
While abortion is legal in West Virginia, the state has several requirements before an abortion can be performed such as a waiting period, counseling, consent, and limitations on the type of abortions. Also there are few places you can get an abortion.

The Northeast
Driving North through the northeast abortions are available in every state. Pennsylvania does have a time limit but that will probably not be a problem.

The Midwest
Ohio

Ohio like Texas has limited abortions to the first 6 weeks. So if you are local, you might get an abortion within this narrow window but for out of stators, they should probably go elsewhere.

Indiana
Abortion in Indiana is legal now but it might not stay that way as it's a red state. Abortions are available in 1st and 2nd trimester but there are a number requirements plus not all procedures are legal.

Illinois
Illinois is free state

Missouri
Missouri is a state to avoid. Practically all abortions are illegal including rape and incest. However, Illinois is only a few hours drive from St. Louis.

North and South Dakota
Skip both states as abortions are illegal

Iowa
Iowa is a free state allowing abortions into the 2nd trimester.

Nebraska
I would call Nebraska a free state as Abortions are available up to 20 weeks

Colorado
Colorado is free state

New Mexico
New Mexico is a free state.

Wyoming
In Wyoming all abortions are illegal with exception of rape or incest.

Montana
I would call Montana a free state even though there are some restrictions. The state allows abortions up to 20 weeks.

Idaho
All abortions illegal

Utah
All abortions illegal

Arizona
The law is unclear but with Arizona surrounded by free states, New Mexico, California, Nevada, and Mexico where abortions are widely available, most of the residents will be able access a clinic.

Nevada
Nevada is a free state

California
California is a free state

Oregon
Oregon is free state

Washington
Washington is a free state

Hawaii
Hawaii is free state

Alaska
Alaska is a free state although there are few restrictions
I'm thinking you raised her wrong if she will kill herself and her baby. Just saying.

FB_IMG_1656265596973.jpg

His granddaughter is only 16 and already pregnant.

But enough about that, let's make a list of free states in the midst of this family crisis!
Well, you can see she didn't start out with the best roll models.

A father who cares so little about her that he would renounce her if she didn't have an abortion and a grandfather so pleased that he has an excuse to post a political diatribe extolling the joys of abortion and his elation he can be a part of it.

With those two winners to guide her, is it any wonder she's having problems?

I truly, sincerely feel sorry for her.

I would try... I'm divorced but looking at my wonderful grandkids I sure would try... but everyone's circumstance is different....
Frankly, I would be more concerned that she would kill herself. She tried twice before. Oh, did I mention she's hooked on Meth. I've about decided to put her on a plane and send her back to her father in Atlanta. Just can't decide how to do that. If she's high, I don't know if I could get her through security and on the plane. Then again, I don't know if I could get on plane if she mas off the Meth.

A father who cares so little about her that he would renounce her if she didn't have an abortion and a grandfather so pleased that he has an excuse to post a political diatribe extolling the joys of abortion and his elation he can be a part of it.

I do as well.

What's strange is, these delusional liberals that now feel as though they are being forced to give birth are one day going to have to answer to their adult children as to why they're even alive in the first place. And this day will come after many years of their pro-murder indoctrination. Have they ever even stopped to consider how dehumanizing it will make their own children feel when they learn that they only live because the law protected them from their own parent?

I have a wonderful granddaughter who is only 4. If she was going through something like this when she's 16 I for damn sure would not be using her pregnancy status in an attempt to score political points on a message board.

No expression of concern about her being suicidal, no concern about killing her baby. No concern expressed about her father renouncing her if she doesn't get an abortion. I truly feel for this young woman and I will pray for her.

My 16 year old granddaughter is pregnant and says she going kill herself if she doesn't get an abortion. Although I've heard something like this before, I naturally prefer the former to later. Since we live in Washington State which is a free state, she will visit us and get an abortion. This got me thinking about where abortion was legal so I did a state by state search. And guess what , in most states an abortion is available without leaving your state..

21 states completely outlaw abortion with the exception of health of the mother. Some of the states states allow an exemption for rape or incest but that often requires a court action.

The Bible Belt

There are few exceptions in the Bible Belt, that is the salve states. If you're not familiar with the term, this is Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Unless you can prove that you'll die if you don't have an abortion or that you're a victim of rape or incest as directed by court, then you're going have to travel to get an abortion. It is estimated that 50% of those in states that do not have accessed to abortion will not be able to travel. Texas allows you to get an abortion in the first 6 weeks which means you may be able to meet the deadline but most won't.

So where do you go if you live here in God's country. If you're in Texas, you can cross the border. Into Mexico. The Supreme Count of Mexico recently ruled unanimously that abortion was not a crime. You can also go to New Mexico which a free state but because it is rural state, you'll find it hard to find abortion clinics. Your best bet is probably Colorado, a free state that welcomes women seeking a choice in an abortion. For the rest of these states Florida, North Carolina, or Colorado are you're best bet.

Florida

North Carolina.
Driving North, skip South Carolina, another slave state. In North Carolina it's most likely you will be welcome. I say most likely because there is a contingent of legislators seeking to take away a woman's right to choose, but the odds are they will fail in this state.

Virginia
You will be welcome in Virginia but there is a movement to limit abortion to the first 15 weeks.

West Virginia
While abortion is legal in West Virginia, the state has several requirements before an abortion can be performed such as a waiting period, counseling, consent, and limitations on the type of abortions. Also there are few places you can get an abortion.

The Northeast
Driving North through the northeast abortions are available in every state. Pennsylvania does have a time limit but that will probably not be a problem.

The Midwest
Ohio

Ohio like Texas has limited abortions to the first 6 weeks. So if you are local, you might get an abortion within this narrow window but for out of stators, they should probably go elsewhere.

Indiana
Abortion in Indiana is legal now but it might not stay that way as it's a red state. Abortions are available in 1st and 2nd trimester but there are a number requirements plus not all procedures are legal.

Illinois
Illinois is free state

Missouri
Missouri is a state to avoid. Practically all abortions are illegal including rape and incest. However, Illinois is only a few hours drive from St. Louis.

North and South Dakota

Iowa

Nebraska

Colorado
Colorado is free state

New Mexico

Wyoming

Montana
I would call Montana a free state even though there are some restrictions. The state allows abortions up to 20 weeks.

Idaho
All abortions illegal

Utah
All abortions illegal

Arizona
The law is unclear but with Arizona surrounded by free states, New Mexico, California, Nevada, and Mexico where abortions are widely available, most of the residents will be able access a clinic.

Nevada
Nevada is a free state

California

Oregon
Oregon is free state

Washington

Hawaii
Hawaii is free state

Alaska

Question is, how many states will now change this?

Frankly, I would be more concerned that she would kill herself. She tried twice before. Oh, did I mention she's hooked on Meth. I've about decided to put her on a plane and send her back to her father in Atlanta. Just can't decide how to do that. If she's high, I don't know if I could get her through security and on the plane. Then again, I don't know if I could get on plane if she mas off the Meth.
If I were you, I'd be more than happy to raise my great grandchild rather than allowing said child to be aborted or raised by a drug addict. You could give that child a true chance at life.

Like I said everyone's situation is different and I have faith that she will not be left in the dark no matter what part of the country she resides in.....
Your problem with her goes on way after she aborts her pregnancy if she is threatening to kill herself over anything... so God bless and good luck....

The Bible Belt

Florida

North Carolina.

Virginia

West Virginia

The Northeast

The Midwest
Ohio

Indiana

Illinois
Illinois is free state

Missouri

North and South Dakota

Iowa

Nebraska

Colorado
Colorado is free state

New Mexico

Wyoming

Montana

Idaho
All abortions illegal

Utah
All abortions illegal

Arizona

Nevada
Nevada is a free state

California

Oregon
Oregon is free state

Washington

Hawaii
Hawaii is free state

Alaska
All 50 States are free states.

The issue of abortion does not change that.

I have a wonderful granddaughter who is only 4. If she was going through something like this when she's 16 I for damn sure would not be using her pregnancy status in an attempt to score political points on a message board.

No expression of concern about her being suicidal, no concern about killing her baby. No concern expressed about her father renouncing her if she doesn't get an abortion. I truly feel for this young woman and I will pray for her.
Thank you, she needs it. Had 4 kid, 3 of them are wonderful, married with good jobs and fine families. Then the 4th one flunked out school, left home and drifted eventually got on drugs and married a girl that was even worse. The two would have great difficulty raising a cat. And into this world is born a baby girl that at the age of ten was smoking staying out all night, stealing stuff from the drugstore to snort. By age 14 she was smoking joints, using meth supplied to her by 16 year old boyfriend who would father her baby. He said he was anxious to start their little family but she wants no part of it or the baby.

Thank you, she needs it. Had 4 kid, 3 of them are wonderful, married with good jobs and fine families. Then the 4th one flunked out school, left home and drifted eventually got on drugs and married a girl that was even worse. The two would have great difficulty raising a cat. And into this world is born a baby girl that at the age of ten was smoking staying out all night, stealing stuff from the drugstore to snort. By age 14 she was smoking joints, using meth supplied to her by 16 year old boyfriend who would father her baby. He said he was anxious to start their little family but she wants no part of it or the baby.
If only you had aborted him you wouldn't have these problems. Or if he and his wife had aborted your granddaughter, think of how much better that would have been.

Better yet...if your mother had aborted you... there would have been no son or granddaughter for you to be inconvenienced by.

Wouldn't that have been for the best?

If only you had aborted him you wouldn't have these problems. Or if he and his wife had aborted your granddaughter, think of how much better that would have been.

Better yet...if your mother had aborted you... there would have been no son or granddaughter for you to be inconvenienced by.

Wouldn't that have been for the best?
No sense in kicking him when he's already wounded and down at this point, though I do agree with you. It seems to me like the situation with his youngest over the years is what has calloused his heart.

It's just a guess but the South will stay exactly where it is on abortion for years with abortion banned. I expect the law in Georgia to be loosen to 15 weeks, the same as Florida. In Florida the new 15 week law is very unpopular. However, 15 weeks is plenty of time to get an abortion and over 90% do. North Carolina could tighten but I don't think that will happen any time soon. The northeast is solid prochoice and that's not going change and neither is the west coast. In between Indiana looks like there is room to tighten the law. The situation in Arizona is very confusing.

Last edited:

I understand. Sorry if I came across harshly. I feel for your entire family. Obviously, your granddaughter has some serious issues. Abortion may be the best option in this situation, I don't know. My objection is the hyperbole used by the Left (i.e. Slavery, Free States, Nazism, etc).

There are principled people on both sides. The Left always seems to resort to this hyperbole when things don't go their way. Maybe present your side factually, without the drama and hyperbole and you can convince more people. It's a thought. When people like Obama state abortion is a Constitutional Right as if it is a self-evident fact, is another example of the lying to make a point. That may be Obama's opinion or wish, but it is not fact. The Supreme Court just made a determination that abortion was not a Constitutional Right. It's called a legal opinion. Your Free State/Slavery metaphor clearly rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, me included. Maybe another approach would have been more helpful.

Forum List

Back