The 4 Senators running for President should recuse themselves...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
from involvement in the phony impeachment.
There are 4 senators who are to judge whether Trump had:
  • Abuse of Power
  • Obstruction of Congress
Why is Donald Trump being impeached and what happens next?

These 4 senators HAVE cause to bias their vote...they are doing exactly what Trump is accused of doing!
They are using their office to eliminate a Presidential opponent.

This truly shows the bias that is involved in the phony impeachment of President Trump.

These 4 senators HAVE cause to bias their vote...they are doing exactly what Trump is accused of doing!

Well said. Of course they should recuse themselves: but if they did, they could continue campaigning, so maybe it's better for Trump as it is.

from involvement in the phony impeachment. There are 4 senators who are to judge whether Trump had:
  • Abuse of Power
These 4 senators HAVE cause to bias their vote...they are doing exactly what Trump is accused of doing! They are using their office to eliminate a Presidential opponent. This truly shows the bias that is involved in the phony impeachment of President Trump.
Quoting a FOREIGN newspaper?!?! Who ARE you working for?

from involvement in the phony impeachment. There are 4 senators who are to judge whether Trump had:
  • Abuse of Power
These 4 senators HAVE cause to bias their vote...they are doing exactly what Trump is accused of doing! They are using their office to eliminate a Presidential opponent. This truly shows the bias that is involved in the phony impeachment of President Trump.
Which matters because? They are right.

• Abuse of Power

That’s funny. Gonad Konrad is upset somebody quotes a foreign newspaper, while the entire democrats’s impeachment is based on testimony from foreigners.

from involvement in the phony impeachment.
There are 4 senators who are to judge whether Trump had:
  • Abuse of Power

This truly shows the bias that is involved in the phony impeachment of President Trump.
Yes, they should.

• Abuse of Power

Actually, the American MSM doesn't report this!
3 results of News search regarding recusing themselves.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.23.15 AM.png

Actually I'm wrong in post 7. They don't have to be there. And it only requires 2/3 vote OF THE SENATORS PRESENT. So should a few republicans leave and not vote we could end up with 2/3 of the remaining votes being yes.

• Abuse of Power

That’s funny. Gonad Konrad is upset somebody quotes a foreign newspaper, while the entire democrats’s impeachment is based on testimony from foreigners .
Bullshit

Actually I'm wrong in post 7. They don't have to be there. And it only requires 2/3 vote OF THE SENATORS PRESENT. So should a few republicans leave and not vote we could end up with 2/3 of the remaining votes being yes.
Senate rules dictate they have to be there.

Senate rules dictate they have to be there.

Senate Dems Running for President Must Recuse Themselves from Impeachment Trial
The exact same charge should be laid against any of the senators who are running for president if they participate in the trial of President Trump knowing that it will be widely publicized, or if they vote for his impeachment.
Either activity would plainly constitute an effort to affect the 2020 presidential election in their favor.
Senate Dems Running for President Must Recuse Themselves from Impeachment Trial

The point I made and the above article made is that there is no way the 4 running for President would be impartial. They are spending
millions of dollars, countless hours running to do the same thing impeachment objective, removal of Trump!
If the Senate is the "jury" than any "jurist" in a trial is removed for biased and I know personally that can be done.
I was in a jury selection where the prosecutor made a statement that I found incomplete that the defense shared. Consequently
when the judge asked if any of us had an issue, I raised my hand. We went to the judge's office and I explained that I would be
unbelieving of any prosecution presentations the prosecutions failures to explain as the defense did.

So if these 4 senators were honest (which is not evidently a characteristic of Democrats in this case!!) they would say they would not
have an impartial opinion. It is so obvious to laypersons like me that THEY will vote for impeachment REGARDLESS of the facts.
It is wrong.

Forum List

Back