The 1970's "I-5 Strangler" Found Dead In His Cell By Strangulation

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX

IONE, Calif. — Officials say a California serial killer who strangled and raped at least seven women was fatally choked himself in a state prison. Roger Reece Kibbe, known as the “I-5 Strangler” in the 1970s and 1980s, was spotted unresponsive in his cell Sunday at Mule Creek State Prison southeast of Sacramento.

His 40-year-old cellmate was standing nearby. An autopsy showed the 81-year-old Kibbe had been manually strangled.

That's a shame. Was it vigilante justice, poetic justice, or both?

IONE, Calif. — Officials say a California serial killer who strangled and raped at least seven women was fatally choked himself in a state prison. Roger Reece Kibbe, known as the “I-5 Strangler” in the 1970s and 1980s, was spotted unresponsive in his cell Sunday at Mule Creek State Prison southeast of Sacramento.

His 40-year-old cellmate was standing nearby. An autopsy showed the 81-year-old Kibbe had been manually strangled.

Mule Creek is the only prison in CA which is only for special needs prisoners, in other words,, those who would be in protective custody elsewhere for things like being gang dropouts, kiddie fiddlers and so on.

It was simply justice delayed.

Could just be he pissed his cellmate off and it has nothing to do with his murders.

Forum List

Back