Strangler on Life W/O Parole Strangles Strangler Will Be Charged with Life W/O Parole

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
Gotta admit it's pretty weird, but that's California:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The man accused of strangling the California serial killer known as the “I-5 Strangler” won't face the death penalty, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Amador County District Attorney Todd Riebe said he had filed first-degree murder charges against Jason Budrow and will seek a sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Budrow, 40, is accused of strangling Roger Reece Kibbe, whose body was discovered on Feb. 28 in their shared cell at Mule Creek State Prison southeast of Sacramento.

Budrow already is serving life without parole for strangling his then-girlfriend in 2011 in Riverside County.

Forgive me if I overlooked anything in the write up, but the person who is not going to be slapped with the death sentence, what kind of sentence are they already serving?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if I overlooked anything in the write up, but the person who is not going to be slapped with the death sentence, what kind of sentence are they already serving?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Both stranglers were serving life w/o parole and the one strangler will be charged with life w/o parole.

^^^ Thank you. To me, those who kill while in jail should just be given the death sentence especially when murder is the reason why they are already there in the first place. The well being of those who work at the jail are the reason why I feel this way. When the inmates are going to cross such a line, what is the point in keeping them alive when they've made it as clear as crystal glass that they don't believe that anyone else should remain alive either?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Thank you. To me, those who kill while in jail should just be given the death sentence especially when murder is the reason why they are already there in the first place. The well being of those who work at the jail are the reason why I feel this way. When the inmates are going to cross such a line, what is the point in keeping them alive when they've made it as clear as crystal glass that they don't believe that anyone else should remain alive either?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
It doesn't make a lot of sense. At the end of the day he will be rewarded with what he wants, a single cell. That's California.

Seems sort of pointless to have a trial then. Just not pointless, but expensive and possibly risky. If they want to try him on street charges they have to take him out of the pen and put him in jail so he can make it to his trial, transporting him daily from the jail to the courthouse.

Gotta admit it's pretty weird, but that's California

In other words, the state of California has given him a license to kill with impunity. He is not getting any punishment at all for murder because he was already sentenced to life in jail before this!

Maybe he will next kill more prisoners and some guards, and they can sentence him to ten lifetimes w/o parole.

In other words, the state of California has given him a license to kill with impunity. He is not getting any punishment at all for murder because he was already sentenced to life in jail before this!

Maybe he will next kill more prisoners and some guards, and they can sentence him to ten lifetimes w/o parole.

They can move Mr. Budrow to the Supermax prison to serve his sentence and protect the other inmates and guards from him. But they don't have to have a trial for that. The pic on line of the gentleman would indicate he's a pretty bad seed with "666" tattooed on his face. I don't think many guys would want to share a cell with him, isolation and great security sounds like it would serve everyone well.

Gotta admit it's pretty weird, but that's California:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The man accused of strangling the California serial killer known as the “I-5 Strangler” won't face the death penalty, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Amador County District Attorney Todd Riebe said he had filed first-degree murder charges against Jason Budrow and will seek a sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Budrow, 40, is accused of strangling Roger Reece Kibbe, whose body was discovered on Feb. 28 in their shared cell at Mule Creek State Prison southeast of Sacramento.

Budrow already is serving life without parole for strangling his then-girlfriend in 2011 in Riverside County.

No loss there.

Forum List

Back