Thanks to USMB for finally fixing the long threads!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Nice not to get notifications every time a couple of members get in a fight about something entirely unrelated to something I said. Nice to not get threads that take an hour to scroll through on a smart phone.

VERY nice to know that when you get reply, it's to YOU and not also 14 other people.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Nice not to get notifications every time a couple of members get in a fight about something entirely unrelated to something I said. Nice to not get threads that take an hour to scroll through on a smart phone.

VERY nice to know that when you get reply, it's to YOU and not also 14 other people.

Thank you!
i second that....

Once you graduate to getting over 50 notifications a day that actually are directed to you in some way you'll have something to complain about. But that's cooking it up in the championship kitchen, I suppose. It's just whatevs.

Those long nested posts are particularly annoying to scroll through, however. Agreed there.

Also, no all caps in thread titles, Doc.

Reported.

I tell ya. Some people....

Once you graduate to getting over 50 notifications a day that actually are directed to you in some way you'll have something to complain about. But that's cooking it up in the championship kitchen, I suppose. It's just whatevs.

Those long nested posts are particularly annoying to scroll through, however. Agreed there.

Also, no all caps in thread titles, Doc.

Reported.

I tell ya. Some people....

I had not seen this strange and wonderful new rule about the caps. It is probably a good one so I fixed, however was I allowed to capitalize USMB?

Perspiring minds need to know! ;)

Last edited:
I had not seen this strange and wonderful new rule about the caps. It is probably a good one so I fixed, however was I allowed to capitalize USMB?

Perspiring minds need to know! ;)

I was just yanking your chain, I wasn't gonna report you for something dumb like that. Heh heh.

But, yeah, I think it is a rule. I knew you'd fix it if I mentioned something about it. I got mind powers, doc. Gotta be the change we wanna see. Nawmean? If we don't stick together we wil surely hang together.

Last edited:
I was just yanking your chain, I wasn't gonna report you for something dumb like that. Heh heh.

But, yeah, I think it is a rule. I knew you'd fix it if I mentioned something about it. I got mind powers, doc. Gotta be the change we wanna see. Nawmean? If we don't stick together we wil surely hang together.
Yep. No All Caps has always been a rule

Thank you!

The fix, also makes it harder to make sense of linked answers. The down side is that it makes posting full context three times as hard. But it means those clowns who either won't or can't edit it to just the post they're responding to, it's a necessary evil.

Thank you!
You and I finally agree on something. I may have to take up drinking again.... something is wrong.

Thank you!
I logged in this morning and had 14 reply alerts but no way to tell who the reply was actually to or how/to who to respond to except with "To whom it may concern".

Forum List

Back