Thanks to Harry Reid's "nuclear option", Senate Democrats are helpless to block Trump appointments

You are ignorant since states already have that power. They can convene a constitutional convention and pass amendments to the constitution. They don't need any involvement from the federal govt.
I'm talking about individual state nullification. We were already talking about an Article V convention, leftist tard.

So you want each state to have the authority to nullify federal laws in that state?? It could be argued that the tenth amendment already gives them that power.;

It needs to be spelled out. Personally, I think the Supreme Court was a big fat mistake. Too much power and not enough accountability. And Article V could get rid of it altogether and we would do just fine. You could lobby your state to force everyone in it to drive 55 mph but no court could force it into mine.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

. Personally, I think the Supreme Court was a big fat mistake. Too much power and not enough accountability.

The founding fathers never intended for the courts to write, rewrite, or repeal laws. That's something the courts simply granted themselves and the states did nothing.

another is giving the states back their rights by repealing the 17th amendment

I'm all for that too but the press would say - " Why are you opposed to the people electing senators". And to that we need to reply "OK - I guess that means you also support popular election of SC judges."

well i would say the constitution had already called for that it is the the peoples house

the house of representatives

. Personally, I think the Supreme Court was a big fat mistake. Too much power and not enough accountability.

The founding fathers never intended for the courts to write, rewrite, or repeal laws. That's something the courts simply granted themselves and the states did nothing.

A very big oversight. It isn't as if our Constitution is an exact representation of how the founders felt. Each item was vigorously debated and in some cases the wrong side won.

The mindset of the founders and their frame of reference is kings and kingdoms. The power of a president to pardon anyone for any crime or potential crime is a direct inheritance from the age of kings. Even suspicious of centralized power, they nonetheless knew of nothing else so they created a government that would inevitably evolve into what it is today and the Supreme Court's own power grab was very foreseeable and preventable. But they didn't want to prevent it.

A very big oversight. It isn't as if our Constitution is an exact representation of how the founders felt. Each item was vigorously debated and in some cases the wrong side won.

The mindset of the founders and their frame of reference is kings and kingdoms. The power of a president to pardon anyone for any crime or potential crime is a direct inheritance from the age of kings. Even suspicious of centralized power, they nonetheless knew of nothing else so they created a government that would inevitably evolve into what it is today and the Supreme Court's own power grab was very foreseeable and preventable. But they didn't want to prevent it.

The power the SCOTUS has acquired was never intended for it by the FFers, and the SCOTUS we have today is nothing short of judicial tyranny.

Putting 4 more judges on the bench in the next 8 years by Trump or Pence is the best response we have until it can be put back in its Pandorahs box.

The power the SCOTUS has acquired was never intended for it by the FFers, and the SCOTUS we have today is nothing short of judicial tyranny.

Putting 4 more judges on the bench in the next 8 years by Trump or Pence is the best response we have until it can be put back in its Pandorahs box.

I disagree with the popular notion that the founders were all-wise, ascended beings really, who transcend human weaknesses. Bullshit.

They were squabbling bureaucrats some of them so mad with power they wanted their own king. They gave kingly powers to the president such as unconditional pardons and they made sure the Supreme Court was an oligarchy.

The Supreme Court was a mistake. It was bound to end up as it is.

the supreme court has been a 'conservative' court for 40 plus years, where the chief justice was a conservative and a total of 5 at minimum justices were appointed by conservative/republican presidents...

the problem with the SC is THAT it has not had a liberal appointed chief justice, nor a majority of liberal justices for DECADES!

:D

:p

the supreme court has been a 'conservative' court for 40 plus years, where the chief justice was a conservative and a total of 5 at minimum justices were appointed by conservative/republican presidents...

the problem with the SC is THAT it has not had a liberal appointed chief justice, nor a majority of liberal justices for DECADES!

The "conservative" court allowed eminent domain to be used for private land developers and forced gay marriage and Obamacare on the entire country.

Not conservative.

The "conservative" court allowed eminent domain to be used for private land developers and forced gay marriage and Obamacare on the entire country.

Not conservative.
Well....
I guess the R presidents picked the wrong justices....for your content....

Not conservative.
Well....
I guess the R presidents picked the wrong justices....for your content....
Because Republican presidents make the mistake of wanting to please Leftists. You don't appeal to a cockroach, you step on it.

Forum List

Back