Thanks Rick Scott...Florida voters wait 4 hours to vote

Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote one time in the last 20 years.....2004.

So the only way Republicans can win is for the Supreme Court to change the rules on campaign contributions, allowing billionaire donors to give hundreds of millions of dollars to Romney's campaign, and then have the states illegally block people's right to vote.

Poor planning on the voters part, does not constitute an emergency on the governors part. For those of you unfamilar with the concept, it's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Government supplies the facilities to exercise you rights, but damn, you got to show up and on time.

Here is a novel idea if you did not get to vote Today vote on Tuesday. I know common sense answers are difficult for the left to grasp but even they should have been able to figure this one out.

There are 21 constitutional amendments on the Fla ballot to make the voting wait longer, put on the ballot by the Fla. Rep legislature.

Also a Rep drive to remove three Fl supreme court justices to replace them with rubber stamp judges.

Very shameful, tacky politics.

Last edited:
I voted earlier this week and I didn't have to wait at all.

I voted on Tuesday and it took about an hour and a half. Guess the difference is that you could go during the day when the rest of us were working. I heard the lines were short then.

But, at 5:00, they were long.

There are 21 constitutional amendments on the Fla ballot to make the voting wait longer, put on the ballot by the Fla. Rep legislature.

Also a Rep drive to remove three Fl supreme court justices to replace them with rubber stamp judges.

There are only 12 amendments, not 21:

League of Women Voters of Florida • 2012 Constitutional Amendments

I don't believe they were added to the ballot to make voting take longer.

Nor is there a drive to remove Florida's supreme court judges.

I'm guessing you don't live here.

Yankees should shut up about what they don't know much about.

Sounds like they might want to download and mark a sample ballot so they can save time in the booth. That's what I do if there is allot to consider, saves reading time.

I dont know why you are blaming Rick Scott. He opened more places to vote then ever before. It is because MORE people are wanting to vote out this loser of a president.

You're bitching about wait times for voting when people in the NE are suffering while they wait for food and fuel?? Fuckingwhackjob.

Ran donations yesterday..and gave money to the red cross and aspca.

Things aren't perfect..but supplies are getting out to those who need them The government reaction has been great.

Long lines to vote..for no reason at all..is a national disgrace..and an abomination.

Florida has under manned polling offices..made them few and far between and introduced a 10 page ballot.

That's disgusting. And shows why states should not be involved in Federal Elections.

You're bitching about wait times for voting when people in the NE are suffering while they wait for food and fuel?? Fuckingwhackjob.

Things aren't perfect..but supplies are getting out to those who need them The government reaction has been great.

Long lines to vote..for no reason at all..is a national disgrace..and an abomination.

Florida has under manned polling offices..made them few and far between and introduced a 10 page ballot.

That's disgusting. And shows why states should not be involved in Federal Elections.

my ballot was four pages.

I dont know why you are blaming Rick Scott. He opened more places to vote then ever before. It is because MORE people are wanting to vote out this loser of a president.

Link to Governor Skeletor opening more early voting locations. We know he cut the days IN HALF from fourteen to eight. Why? What purpose does it serve?

Did you know that in Miami-Dade the number of voters to polling places is 64,000 to one? In Broward it is 71,000.

I voted earlier this week and I didn't have to wait at all.

I voted on Tuesday and it took about an hour and a half. Guess the difference is that you could go during the day when the rest of us were working. I heard the lines were short then.

But, at 5:00, they were long.

Which is why early voting needs to be expanded and not decreased. People in shit, low wage jobs don't usually have bosses that will let them take 2 hours off to vote. This is why cutting early voting disenfranchises the poor and minorities who have these crap jobs with crap bosses.

Has election day been cancelled in Florida?

Not allowing someone time off to vote is a violation of federal law so all those with crap jobs and crap bosses who don't let them have time off to vote should make their complaint and pick up their check.

The last time I voted was a local election and it was one page.

Last Presidential Election I voted in had 2 pages.

Personally..I don't see why we need to have polling stations. You should be able to cast your vote via the web if you want.

Has election day been cancelled in Florida?

Not allowing someone time off to vote is a violation of federal law so all those with crap jobs and crap bosses who don't let them have time off to vote should make their complaint and pick up their check.

Ah..so you want more unemployment.

Got it.

The last time I voted was a local election and it was one page.

Last Presidential Election I voted in had 2 pages.

Personally..I don't see why we need to have polling stations. You should be able to cast your vote via the web if you want.
It discriminates against those who don't have computers.

Forum List

Back