The Anti Science Left

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hWK7BnngE]The Anti-Science Left: Author Alex Berezow on Why Both Parties Fail at Science - YouTube[/ame]

The libertarians do love their false equivalence fallacies and crazy strawmen. It's how they shill for the GOP while pretending they're not shilling for the GOP.

Tell us, are the Democrats casting out anyone who isn't an antivaxxer, like the Republicans are casting out anyone who isn't a denialist? Yeah, the two sides are exactly alike.

Government should not be paying for science, but if they do, government should own the patents that come out of the research.

Well done --- as usual by the Reason staff.. I popped some GMO popcorn into my nuclear powered microwave to enjoy while I watched this..

Isn't it also the progressive left that has the hots for such frauds as homeopathic remedies and crystal worship???

I love believers like Bloomberg. I heard his diatribe about climate change and hurricanes and I still haven't stopped laughing.

There is a simple elegance YET brisk efficiency in the following statement:
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!
If our government, our education system, our advertising mavins USED the same religious evangelical efforts as they have for global warming to promote the above statement, there would be less dependency on rules, regulations, laws!

Think of it this way... Did Captain Kirk have an EPA/OSHA/EEOC/HHS and other alphabet soup agencies writing 10,000s of rules etc.?
No because there was a "prime directive"..The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations."

That prime directive seemed to govern much of the Enterprise and crew.. again much like.."Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!

Again.. superior intelligent beings will show us the efficiency of this statement and how having spent on average in the USA over $1.7 trillion in rules and regulation compliance.. there would be a far cheaper, more efficient method rather then our "cop on every corner" mentality!
Or put into a local parlance: Why must there be a law against texting and driving when we all KNOW it is STUPID to do so?

Last edited:
I love believers like Bloomberg. I heard his diatribe about climate change and hurricanes and I still haven't stopped laughing.

Global warming is such a crook of shit. It hasn't fucking warmed in 15 years!!!

Flatter than a dead dog on the road!!!

The arctic has certainly warmed. Otherwise you have got to be kidding!!!

1887, 1933, 1969 were all seasons worse than this one.

Nothing shows a increase in hurricane activity. GLOBAL ACE shows the opposite in fact.

The libertarians do love their false equivalence fallacies and crazy strawmen. It's how they shill for the GOP while pretending they're not shilling for the GOP.

Tell us, are the Democrats casting out anyone who isn't an antivaxxer, like the Republicans are casting out anyone who isn't a denialist? Yeah, the two sides are exactly alike.

Youre not really casting them out. You humor them with BILLIONS of dollars for their worthless causes and a lot of lip service.. They serve as useful tools for your anti-corporate, anti-growth agenda..
:clap2:

Global warming is such a crook of shit. It hasn't fucking warmed in 15 years!!!

Flatter than a dead dog on the road!!!

The arctic has certainly warmed. Otherwise you have got to be kidding!!!

1887, 1933, 1969 were all seasons worse than this one.

Nothing shows a increase in hurricane activity. GLOBAL ACE shows the opposite in fact.

It's such a crock. But look at Bloomberg's idiotic statement that he doesn't know if hurricanes are caused by climate change but he will endorse Obama because Obama will fight climate change.

These people are freaking lunatics. How on earth did this man become the Mayor of New York City. He's a raving idiot.

The authors' aim is to depoliticize scientific research. "A pox on both their houses" he says. Interesting idea, logically laid out concepts. I think however, the real determining factor of the pro or anti science stance of either party regarding a given scientific issue is not the ethical or ideological pulse of said party, but the political temperment and history of campaign contribution of the company backing the research--foremost, and secondly, the fear of the party's public base, or more poignantly how transparent to the public support of any given scientific issue by a politician may be. This issue is another example of great potential lost, lost in the maelstrom of the political arena. How many scientific advances forwarded over the last century have been killed before real consideration by political gaming? One can at least always depend on DARPA to innovate and innovate well--behind closed doors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back