Thanks Fredo

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY

But to some, in addition to solidarity, the siren induced anxiety, as it spun for the first time surrounded by low clouds.

Enlarge ImageThe Empire State Building lights up in siren red in tribute to emergency workers.Courtesy of Rita J. King @RitaJKing
“The @EmpireStateBldg reminding us that the city is in the middle of an emergency,” tweeted Rita King, who also posted a video of the display depicting an eerie scene.

Meant to honor emergency workers but scared the shit outta people!

New Yorkers baffled over 'unsettling' Empire State Building siren display. Must sound great.

But to some, in addition to solidarity, the siren induced anxiety, as it spun for the first time surrounded by low clouds.

Enlarge ImageThe Empire State Building lights up in siren red in tribute to emergency workers.Courtesy of Rita J. King @RitaJKing
“The @EmpireStateBldg reminding us that the city is in the middle of an emergency,” tweeted Rita King, who also posted a video of the display depicting an eerie scene.

New Yorkers baffled over 'unsettling' Empire State Building siren display. Must sound great.
I thought it looked cool

Wasn’t a “siren” it was flashing red lights 600 feet up

I thought it looked cool
Yes but you don't live in NY where upwards of 40,000 people are infected and around 1000 have died.

I thought it looked cool
Yes but you don't live in NY where upwards of 40,000 people are infected and around 1000 have died.
I just watched the local NY TV newscast

The people seemed to like it

I thought it looked cool

You gotta remember that RW still thinks disco balls and strobe lights are cool.
Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, oohhh coo coo coo....

It's supposed to be a beating heart, but it looks like an emergency beacon when you first look at it. It's the color red. They make Stop Signs that color for a reason.

I love this remark from a New Yorker: “We know we’ve really screwed things up when the empire state building gets mad.”

I thought it looked cool

Children amused by shiny things?

Sounds like NYC

1585691689475.gif

I thought it looked cool

Children amused by shiny things?

Sounds like NYC

Bars are closed.....not much else to do in a shutdown

Looks like the arrival of Gozer the Gozerian:

images

Forum List

Back