Thank You for Saving the Planet

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
‘A Ticking Time Bomb’: Florida Home That Survived Hurricane Burns to the Ground From EV

The lithium batteries are not only catching fire but are proving to be a nightmare to put out, burning at extremely high temperatures and often reigniting several times. As state fire marshal, Patronis is asking for “immediate guidance” from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and help directly from the car manufacturers.

I wonder how much pollution the fire created.

As are the combustion products of the five to ten times as many ICE powered cars that catch fire
Yet, the EV cars are a new source of pollution that never existed.

As is the heavy industry working 24 hours a day, spewing out toxic waste every day of the year, manufacturing more than has ever been manufactured in history

All so democrats can get rich

Yet, the EV cars are a new source of pollution that never existed.

As is the heavy industry working 24 hours a day, spewing out toxic waste every day of the year, manufacturing more than has ever been manufactured in history

All so democrats can get rich
EV cars are replacing ICE cars and have a significantly reduced chance of catching fire and an infinitely better chance of getting through their mortal coils without burning any fossil fuel. All so redneck AGW deniers can repeatedly demonstrate their ignorance.

EV cars are replacing ICE cars and have a significantly reduced chance of catching fire and an infinitely better chance of getting through their mortal coils without burning any fossil fuel. All so redneck AGW deniers can repeatedly demonstrate their ignorance.
No, ev cars are not replacing ice cars.

Not even a little bit

By government force currently, not because they are inherently superior.

EV cars are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used.

EV cars add more pollution to the atmosphere.

EV cars weigh more and use rare earth elements. More equals more pollution.

EV cars are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used.
What is that supposed to mean?
EV cars add more pollution to the atmosphere.
More than what?
EV cars weigh more and use rare earth elements. More equals more pollution.
They do weigh more. The added weight is more than offset by their efficiency, particularly as the proportion of non-emitting power sources drives the current with which they are charged. Rare earth elements are not rare at all.

What is that supposed to mean?

More than what?

They do weigh more. The added weight is more than offset by their efficiency, particularly as the proportion of non-emitting power sources drives the current with which they are charged. Rare earth elements are not rare at all.
You do not understand more. EV cars add more pollution to the atmosphere.

More than what? More than if we do not build them.

Efficiency? Even you know that is a flat out lie.

Rare earth metals, I guess you are right. 1 gram of rare earth metal per 10 tons of earth, found in one or two spots in the world is not rare at all.

Last edited:
Coal powered EV cars.
Idiot.

Plus 500,000 pounds of earth must be moved by diesel in order to create one EV battery.

You’re destroying the earth.

You do not understand more. EV cars add more pollution to the atmosphere.
You stated "EV cars are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used." Please explain how EVs are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used.
More than what? More than if we do not build them.
And continue to use ICE-powered vehicles or simply stop traveling?
Efficiency? Even you know that is a flat out lie.
I know that it is absolutely true.
Rare earth metals, I guess you are right. 1 gram of rare earth metal per 10 tons of earth, found in one or two spots in the world is not rare at all.

Because, as you admit, they are heavier, heavier is more.
Has anyone ever told you that you oversimplify things that you really ought to examine in detail?

Your original wording does not have the meaning you seem to intend. "Manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used" indicates that EVs are somehow manufactured by humans simply increasing the resources we consume: land, wood, petroleum, coal, wheat, corn, gravel, peat, butterflies, all of it. What I assume you meant to say was the the manufacture of EVs increases the amount of resources used or that EVs require more resources to manufacture but what you actually said doesn't convey either of those messages. We all, now and then, have to do a little sympathetic interpretation and extrapolation of what others have said. But, at times like this, the difference between what you said and what you meant was too far to allow any confidence whatsoever that I would have been correctly translating your statement. See it for what it is.

The extra resource consumption is more than offset by the lack of GHG emissions. Period. The problem here, as I have pointed out with several other AGW denier posters, is that you simply attach no value to anything being accomplished without GHG emissions. You don't care. So what looks like a valuable success to me and everyone else who'd like to mitigate global warming, looks like a pointless waste of money AND resources, to you.

Forum List

Back