Thai cave rescue

aren't the boys ''used'' to the cave?? they went in, they been in there, etc??
do you think they are afraid or thinking of it as more of an adventure?
as in one comment I read somewhere, for males, caves are like an attraction

arent the boys use to being starved for days with low o2 stats....of course they thought it would be an adventure....not now....and cave diving or the combo of water and caves is a killer....

arent the boys use to being starved for days with low o2 stats....of course they thought it would be an adventure....not now....and cave diving or the combo of water and caves is a killer....
they got food/extra vitamins/etc ..so they are not starving at the time of rescue

youngsters usually do not think of death/dying/etc
that's one of the farthest things from their minds
....the rescuers are not telling them they are going to die or have a chance of dying--the rescuers are telling them they will make it

Great to see the boys emerging from the cave
The whole world has been holding its breath.

I applaud the efforts of the Thai and international rescuers

aren't the boys ''used'' to the cave?? they went in, they been in there, etc??
do you think they are afraid or thinking of it as more of an adventure?
as in one comment I read somewhere, for males, caves are like an attraction
There were a bunch of caves along the sandstone bluffs along the Mississippi in St. Paul. Had to cement them in as a few died due to bad air in the caves.

We used to explore such places and that thought never entered my mind at the time.

But caves are sure fascinating,
I get the draw of exploring.

I'm claustrophobic. The idea of spelunking sets me sweating. I'm glad the boys are getting out, finally. Keeping my fingers crossed--they're not all out, yet.

The rescuers gave the kids a sedative to relax them.
A rescuer went first and a kid was given a tether to hold on to and ordered never to let go of the tether. The kid just had to go along for the ride. A second rescuer followed behind the kid.

I'm claustrophobic. The idea of spelunking sets me sweating. I'm glad the boys are getting out, finally. Keeping my fingers crossed--they're not all out, yet.
You might not care for this underground venture then.
Half mile underground, really cool mine tour. Done it a few times, but once one person wouldn't ride the shaft car down.Minnesota State Park - Minnesota DNR - MN Department of Natural Resources
My parents went to one with wicked cool stalagmites and stalactites once in .... somewhere in NY, southern tier, I think. You couldn't pay me.

A rescuer went first and a kid was given a tether to hold on to and ordered never to let go of the tether. The kid just had to go along for the ride. A second rescuer followed behind the kid.
What did they decide on for breathing apparatus?

What did they decide on for breathing apparatus?
From the graphic I saw, the child has a face mask with lead diver carrying tank just ahead of child.

Forum List

Back