texas teen faces life in prison for hash brownies

It should happen to all druggies! In all the nonsense coming out of the courts this is the first good decision in years.

so if you suck down a six pack of beer, you should spend life in jail, too, right?

Oh was he going to eat all the poisoned brownies himself? No they were to be sold to others making him just another low life dealer.

I would make alcohol and tobacco illegal if up to me, and yes I realize that prohibition did not work before, as it ended up causing the manufacturing of illegal and sometimes poisonious alcohol in half the homes in America.
Having said that, I would try again.
You do know the offhand definition of insanity, don't you?

I don't think this guy should be punished to the degree he apparently can be ( I doubt he'll actually serve much time) but I do think pot should stay illegal, and this guy knew he was taking chances. Should have either moved from Texas, or thought about whether this was worth risking his future on.
Laws are changing, but for now, one states entrepeneur is another states felon.
Do you think beverage alcohol should be made illegal (as it was during the 1920s)? And do you think tobacco products, especially cigarettes, should be made illegal? If you do you are in favor of repeating the great mistake known as Prohibition.

Are you aware that illegal drugs are more readily available today than they were when Ronald Reagan saw fit to escalate Nixon's already failed War On Drugs? In other words, drug laws don't work. They are an enormously costly and counterproductive fiasco. In other words, they do more harm than good.

So how do you rationalize maintaining laws against marijuana, a benign euphoric tranquilizer which has never harmed anyone and is not addictive and is proven to have many beneficial effects? Don't you think it would be more productive to allow legal access to this natural substance but to promote an intensive public education program aimed at eliminating the ignorance which leads to its misuse? Because that ignorance is the real problem where marijuana is concerned.

I would make alcohol and tobacco illegal if up to me, and yes I realize that prohibition did not work before, as it ended up causing the manufacturing of illegal and sometimes poisonious alcohol in half the homes in America.

yea good luck with that.....Cigarets are on their way out so thats feasible....but Alcohol?....to many rich and powerful as well as regular folk do that.....

she is old .....how much longer can she have?....

long enough to cause druggies misery for many more years.

your Liver and Brain have lost too much from your drinking....so i doubt you have many more years....

I don't drink. You have brain damage from all that pot. As a substance abuser yourself you just can't imagine that anyone would not be a substance abuser. It's part of the pathology.

Yeah, yeah I know.
Don't worry it'll never happen anyway.

long enough to cause druggies misery for many more years.

your Liver and Brain have lost too much from your drinking....so i doubt you have many more years....

I don't drink. You have brain damage from all that pot. As a substance abuser yourself you just can't imagine that anyone would not be a substance abuser. It's part of the pathology.

sure you dont Katz ....you said you drank every now and then back when....that makes you an alcoholic....your skin is probably all withered up like a prune...

Yeah, yeah I know.
Don't worry it'll never happen anyway.
Well, I don't think you're insane or un-intelligent. So I'm very curious about the paradoxical position you've taken, especially where marijuana is concerned. You know prohibition does more harm than good, yet you advocate imposing it again.

Why?

Have you ever tried marijuana?

It should happen to all druggies! In all the nonsense coming out of the courts this is the first good decision in years.

Someone who makes marijuana brownies should get a harsher sentence than a rapist?

Not necessarily, but this kid is only complaining because he thinks he should get away with a crime. He should spend some time in jail, how long that will be is up to the judge.

Then stay out of my state.
Doesn't the question of who was harmed by this fellow's "crime" enter into your thoughts on the matter? "Hash oil" brownies are essentially marijuana brownies and are in no way as harmful to the human organism than is ordinary whiskey or tobacco. Who did he hurt? Yet he's being punished as painfully as would be a mugger, an armed robber, or a rapist, and all you can think of in relation to it is an inane authoritarian jingle? This is an extreme Reefer Madness issue.

Some laws and their associated punishments are blindly excessive and demand our individual sense of right and wrong to call attention to such conspicuous injustice. So I would urge you to give some more thought to this needless excess and the way it reflects on the character of your state and the mentality of its people.

No it doesn't enter into my thoughts. It's an illegal activity that demands punishment. The fact is, we do not know all the facts surrounding this individual. We don't know what kind of criminal record he has if this is his first or fourteenth arrest and conviction.

Unless he's a retarded liberal, he knows the law and he chose to break it. I have no sympathy for idiots.
That still doesn't deal with the factor of human conscience and its place in the criminal laws of a free society.

The element of rational human conscience holds that harming others is wrong and deserving of punishment. But who is harmed by what this fellow has done? And if you choose to pursue the argument that marijuana is harmful, even if that were true, which it is not, beverage alcohol and cigarettes are extremely harmful yet those who dispense these products are not punished. So, in the face of such conspicuous injustice, how do you rationalize your insistence that one whose activity harms no one deserves to be punished?

This is a philosophical issue. But it's a very important one because it deals with the essential principle of Liberty vs arbitrary totalitarian rule.

Then stay out of my state.
Doesn't the question of who was harmed by this fellow's "crime" enter into your thoughts on the matter? "Hash oil" brownies are essentially marijuana brownies and are in no way as harmful to the human organism than is ordinary whiskey or tobacco. Who did he hurt? Yet he's being punished as painfully as would be a mugger, an armed robber, or a rapist, and all you can think of in relation to it is an inane authoritarian jingle? This is an extreme Reefer Madness issue.

Some laws and their associated punishments are blindly excessive and demand our individual sense of right and wrong to call attention to such conspicuous injustice. So I would urge you to give some more thought to this needless excess and the way it reflects on the character of your state and the mentality of its people.

No it doesn't enter into my thoughts. It's an illegal activity that demands punishment. The fact is, we do not know all the facts surrounding this individual. We don't know what kind of criminal record he has if this is his first or fourteenth arrest and conviction.

Unless he's a retarded liberal, he knows the law and he chose to break it. I have no sympathy for idiots.

You should not be so hard on yourself.

Tobacco causes no cognitive impairment. Beer is not illegal. This criminal dumped a bunch of hash oil into baked goods. It would be like adding 100 proof to juniors juice box.

Hash oil does have a redeeming value. It is highly explosive and flammable.

The people knew what they were buying, it is not like adding 100 proof to junior's lunch box.

Tobacco causes no cognitive impairment. Beer is not illegal. This criminal dumped a bunch of hash oil into baked goods. It would be like adding 100 proof to juniors juice box.

Hash oil does have a redeeming value. It is highly explosive and flammable.

The people knew what they were buying, it is not like adding 100 proof to junior's lunch box.

its hard for an alcohol addict to comprehend that...

Forum List

Back