Texas Poised To Redistrict Jackson Lee Or Green Out Of Congress

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Texas Republicans have come up with a congressional redistricting plan. The plan would, in the loaded words of the Washington Post, “siphon[] off thousands of [Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s] Black constituents and potentially forc[e] her into a primary election against her neighboring Black incumbent, Rep. Al Green.”

This is a wonderful development. Jackson Lee, who once compared the Tea Party to the KKK, has no redeeming quality I’ve ever detected.

Green seems like a good guy (once, after a congressional hearing, he invited a friend of mine with whose testimony he disagreed to lunch). However, his over-the-top demands that Donald Trump be impeached before Trump had done anything even arguably impeachable (that is, before the Ukraine-Joe/Hunter Biden business) make him a good candidate for forced retirement.

Naturally, Jackson Lee and Green are unhappy about the proposed congressional map. And naturally, they are playing the race card. They call new districting lines “an act of racial discrimination.”

But neither member of Congress has a God-given right to represent a safe district. Neither has a God-given right not to have to compete for White votes.

Democrats use Black voters to get rid of Republican members via redistricting. It happened to my former representative, Republican Connie Morella.

Morella wasn’t even a conservative. She was a centrist. But Democrats couldn’t stand the thought of her representing a solidly Blue district, so they tried to redistrict her out of Congress.

The first attempt didn’t work. Morella was so likeable and so good at constituent services that she survived.

Determined to take the seat, the Democrats tried again. Before the 2002 election, they removed yet more territory where Morella did well from her district and added areas that are predominantly Black.

It worked. Morella lost 51-48 to Chris Van Hollen, who is now a U.S. Senator.

(Excerpt) Read more at powerlineblog.com ...

Man, either Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee or Rep. Al Green.
That's a tough one - not sure who is dumber, but if Sheila loses, she can go visit the Flag on Mars!

It's fun until that redistricting works the other way around...then it's Marxist Communism....

When you can't get voters to choose you, just choose your voters....it's the Conservative way
Repubs must be as they are. Get loud and violent if must be. We are at that stage now. Bring hired security with rifles into the Congress at the Capitol Building if their lives are threatened as elected Reps.

So the democrats see creating black majority districts in Georgia as racist and not creating them in Texas as racist. Maybe people should stop caring what they think until they make up their minds.

Texas Republicans have come up with a congressional redistricting plan. The plan would, in the loaded words of the Washington Post, “siphon[] off thousands of [Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s] Black constituents and potentially forc[e] her into a primary election against her neighboring Black incumbent, Rep. Al Green.”

This is a wonderful development. Jackson Lee, who once compared the Tea Party to the KKK, has no redeeming quality I’ve ever detected.

Green seems like a good guy (once, after a congressional hearing, he invited a friend of mine with whose testimony he disagreed to lunch). However, his over-the-top demands that Donald Trump be impeached before Trump had done anything even arguably impeachable (that is, before the Ukraine-Joe/Hunter Biden business) make him a good candidate for forced retirement.

Naturally, Jackson Lee and Green are unhappy about the proposed congressional map. And naturally, they are playing the race card. They call new districting lines “an act of racial discrimination.”

But neither member of Congress has a God-given right to represent a safe district. Neither has a God-given right not to have to compete for White votes.

Democrats use Black voters to get rid of Republican members via redistricting. It happened to my former representative, Republican Connie Morella.

Morella wasn’t even a conservative. She was a centrist. But Democrats couldn’t stand the thought of her representing a solidly Blue district, so they tried to redistrict her out of Congress.

The first attempt didn’t work. Morella was so likeable and so good at constituent services that she survived.

Determined to take the seat, the Democrats tried again. Before the 2002 election, they removed yet more territory where Morella did well from her district and added areas that are predominantly Black.

That's a tough one - not sure who is dumber, but if Sheila loses, she can go visit the Flag on Mars!
It's a win win---bye-bye to one idiot of the other.

It's fun until that redistricting works the other way around...then it's Marxist Communism....

When you can't get voters to choose you, just choose your voters....it's the Conservative way
Elections have consequences-Barry Hussein.

Sheila Jackson Lee once asked the NASA director if they could point the Hubble telescope at Mars and see the flags the Astronauts left.

The Republicans have more fools than you can shake a stick at. This proves that CRT is indeed true. There is system ic racism and Texas is proof. The reason why Texas got more House seats was because of the increase in black and latino voters. Yet there will be fewer minority districts. That comes on the heels of the voting bill which makes it harder for minorities to vote.

Texas has become the capitol of the Nazi States of America. The home of racist Americans.

This is good. No one deserves to be "represented" by someone as dumb as Sheila Jackson Lee.

Repubs must be as they are. Get loud and violent if must be. We are at that stage now. Bring hired security with rifles into the Congress at the Capitol Building if their lives are threatened as elected Reps.
dont like when they use the D playbook??

poor baby

wahhhhhh

Was it the "liberal" or Democrat way when the Dems did it exclusively for 60+ years?

I tried to garner a shred of sympathy, but I don't think I can until at least 2050, when payback has been fully achieved.

It's the political way you idiot. I am not Pub.

Forum List

Back