Texas mall shooter was stopped by an armed citizen.....notice how the press didn't cover this....

Wrong...they do not cover these cases the same way as they do mass public shootings, and most of the time only local news channels cover the story for one news cycle.....you liar.
The thread premise is a llie.

Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians is extremely rare:

ā€œAccording to these numbers citizens with guns have ended a mass shooting 3% of the time. For the sake of fact checking we will use the FBI statistics, but several sources have documented up to 10 times where a mass shooting was ended by an armed citizen. Again, for statistical purposes we rely on the FBI as an authority. The bottom line is that armed citizens have certainly prevented more casualties in mass shootings, but the number is statistically very low and the majority of the time unarmed citizens subdue the shooter. Therefore, we rate the claim that more armed citizenā€™s equals less mass shootings as MOSTLY FALSE.ā€

More armed civilians carrying guns is not a ā€˜solutionā€™ to mass shootings; the great majority of mass shootings end absent the intervention of armed civilians.

No one seeks to prevent private citizens from carrying guns ā€“ thatā€™s a lie.

And stopping mass shootings is not ā€˜justificationā€™ for private citizens to carry guns.

The thread premise is a llie.

Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians is extremely rare:

ā€œAccording to these numbers citizens with guns have ended a mass shooting 3% of the time. For the sake of fact checking we will use the FBI statistics, but several sources have documented up to 10 times where a mass shooting was ended by an armed citizen. Again, for statistical purposes we rely on the FBI as an authority. The bottom line is that armed citizens have certainly prevented more casualties in mass shootings, but the number is statistically very low and the majority of the time unarmed citizens subdue the shooter. Therefore, we rate the claim that more armed citizenā€™s equals less mass shootings as MOSTLY FALSE.ā€

More armed civilians carrying guns is not a ā€˜solutionā€™ to mass shootings; the great majority of mass shootings end absent the intervention of armed civilians.

No one seeks to prevent private citizens from carrying guns ā€“ thatā€™s a lie.

And stopping mass shootings is not ā€˜justificationā€™ for private citizens to carry guns.

Wrong.....

One moment, please...
========

Massive errors in FBIā€™s Active Shooting Reports regarding cases where civilians stop attacks: Instead of 4.4%, the correct number is at least 34.4%. In 2021, it is at least 49.1%. Excluding gun-free zones, it averaged over 50%.

-------

Evidence compiled by the Crime Prevention Research Center shows that the sources the media relied on undercounted the number of instances in which armed citizens have thwarted such attacks by an order of more than ten, saving untold numbers of lives. Of course, law-abiding citizens stopping these attacks are not rare. What is rare is national news coverage of those incidents. Although those many news stories about the Greenwood shooting also suggested that the defensive use of guns might endanger others, there is no evidence that these acts have harmed innocent victims.

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/10/massive-errors-in-fbis-active-shooting-reports-regarding-cases-where-civilians-stop-attacks-instead-of-4-4-the-correct-number-is-at-least-34-4-in-2021-it-is-at-least-49-1-excluding-gun-free-zon/
==========

And the success rate?

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen ā€œfailedā€ to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to ā€œsave the day.ā€ A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

And there's the problem that makes it scary as hell to consider what the other 10+% are doing with their AR's.

I've made my case against them for months now, based on the appeal to people who are thinking of using them for the intended purpose.

How many of the 90% are using them to shoot at human silouette targets? And the question is why?
I don't feel scared as hell by what legal gun owners are doing with their AR's. They're clearly not the problem being caused by criminals using guns for crimes and leftist DA's not prosecuting.

I'm not clear what case you made against any group of legal gun owners.

How many of the 90% are shooting at human silhouette targets? Do you have any data? Should there be a law against that? What would be the purpose for that law? Are silhouette targets an aggrieved minority group?

I agree, which is why it's not a big deal to require a little training for first time gun buyers on purchases and proof of safety knowledge for experienced buyers.

You'd like to think that those first time buyers would take it upon themselves to research and understand gun safety.
I know my Dad taught me about gun safety and the rules aren't hard to understand and they're mostly based on common sense.
I dont believe a class is necessary but some basic firearm instructions wouldnt hurt.

ou'd like to think that those first time buyers would take it upon themselves to research and understand gun safety.

WE see a lot of 'parents' fail to properly secure their firearms; it;s not like the old days where guns were part of of the household and no big deal, kids were trained early and guns were no big deal. Most people now grow up in urban environments, and don't really spend a lot of time on safety and proper use, it just doesn't become ingrained like in the past. When I was kid, on weekends we would walk or ride out bikes out to a creek bed somewhere and plink at cans; we would stop at convenience stores and buy our ammo.

That's because fathers would put the absolute fear of God and other horrible consequences in their kids not to fuck up. Firearms safety was a serious matter. Kids now are taught by schools to ignore and look down thier noses at parents, and they call the cops and have parents arrested for any kind of disciplining now. There is no way we can go back to what we could do as kids. So yeah, with so many 'adults' no more mature than their 10 year olds, requiring a short safety course removes any excuses morons have to run around suing people for their idiot behavior; it's not just about protecting kids, but other people as well.

Last edited:
WE see a lot of 'parents' fail to properly secure their firearms; it;s not like the old days where guns were part of of the household and no big deal, kids were trained early and guns were no big deal. Most people now grow up in urban environments, and don't really spend a lot of time on safety and proper use, it just doesn't become ingrained like in the past. When I was kid, on weekends we would walk or ride out bikes out to a creek bed somewhere and plink at cans; we would stop at convenience stores and buy our ammo.

That's because fathers would put the absolute fear of God and other horrible consequences in their kids not to fuck up. Firearms safety was a serious matter. Kids now are taught by schools to ignore and look down thier noses at parents, and they call the cops and have parents arrested for any kind of disciplining now. There is no way we can go back to what we could do as kids. So yeah, with so many 'adults' no more mature than their 10 year olds, requiring a short safety course removes any excuses morons have to run around suing people for their idiot behavior; it's not just about protecting kids, but other people as well.

Yep...parents suck these days for the most part.
They want to be friends with their kids rather than raise them properly.

I was commenting on his claim of how the left distorts the stories; the right does as well. They snivel if anyone proposes any safety training being required when purchasing a firearm.

There is distortion and there is blatant lying through the Leftist teeth, which is all the Left does, constantly.

No amount of "safety training" is going to stop psychos from acting out their insanities.
Moreover, many weapons are stolen, NOT purchased. But you don't care about facts.

Gun ownership vs homicides.jpg

There is distortion and there is blatant lying through the Leftist teeth, which is all the Left does, constantly.

No amount of "safety training" is going to stop psychos from acting out their insanities.
Moreover, many weapons are stolen, NOT purchased. But you don't care about facts.

View attachment 758621

Thanks for the pointless point. We never get enough of those here.

No one on this forum talks about facts, they just scream each sides talking points at each other and refuse to think about what they are saying.

These are the only facts.

Resistance begins with I will not comply.
t40Vgmq.png

Americans don't understand that they are slowly losing that right and that it will indeed be taken away if Americans continue to think that documents will protect their rights rather than their own difficult sacrifices.

Freedom was never free.
Until we ditch our Social Liberalism ( which enables the Democommies ) for an election cycle or two then itā€™s a death by a 1000 cuts

Honestly, I often think about that. One of us is. Sometimes I am not sure if it is me or not, then you guys post Nazi pics. The balance is back toward you.

The "nazi pics," are actual history of gun control.....as is mao and stalin, and castro and the other leftists who banned guns.

Forum List

Back