Texas law limits punative damages.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Alex Jones got off easy. That $45.2 million the jury awarded his victims is limted to twice the compensatory amount of $4.1 million. The scum will skip away owing only the origonal 4.1 plus 8.2 at most. Texas decided years ago that juries shouldn't be allowed to make rulings, and limited their ability to do so. This is what right wing government does.

Good for TX for having some common sense. These judgements are outrageous across the country & putting a cap on it is a step in the right direction.
He didn't mention 1 single name when he said he thought it was fake or a govt set up.
They shouldn't have got a dime

Given the number of blacks in Harris county always looking to get paid combined with vindictive black juries and the raft of former CA residents that have moved there who are almost as bad I'd say it was a wise move....Even by Texas standards who are not exactly known for being wise. ;)

I just don't see how that was defamation at all.

Did Jones use their names specifically and how did he harm their reputations?

Given the number of blacks in Harris county always looking to get paid combined with vindictive black juries and the raft of former CA residents that have moved there who are almost as bad I'd say it was a wise move....Even by Texas standards who are not exactly known for being wise. ;)
Are you saying that the jury that heard this case was a vindictive black jury?

This kangaroo court took place is Austin, Tx which is a totally Democrat ultra liberal loon controlled city.
No one politically to the right of Mao and Stalin could get a fair trial. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
? Trial is in Austin.

Good for TX for having some common sense. These judgements are outrageous across the country & putting a cap on it is a step in the right direction.
He didn't mention 1 single name when he said he thought it was fake or a govt set up.
They shouldn't have got a dime
Exactly right.

Decades, if not centuries, of biased American journalism getting stories wrong and falsely accusing groups of evil and dishonest behavior and motivations and suddenly one outlet gets slammed with a huge de facto fine due to who his targets were?

How much a settlement will I get from the media outlets that claim that Trump supporters are racists? Sure, they didn't name me, but I guess that doesn't matter any more.

Some of these parents have had to move numerous times, hide their identities and may never be able to have a private phone number or e-mail again. The stalkers have been relentless. Jones kept on long after it became apparent that he was putting these people in danger. That makes it a malicious act on his part and anything short of the death penalty is better than he deserves.

Why is Alex Jones in the left wing sights? Isn't there enough corruption in the Biden administration to deal with?
He's told a lot of malicious bald-faced lies about a lot of people. Even the most kind-hearted people hold a grudge over being the the target of false-witness.

Forum List

Back