Texas Hold Em: Senator Ted Cruz puts hold on Biden’s pick for Middle East lead at State..."Empty Desks at the State Department, Courtesy of Ted Cruz"!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Cruz is a hero of war

Just do what trump did and hire deputies to lead the departments.

It's just a job name.

The article has a link to the questions and answers. Maybe read source documents to understand the full context.

Here is just one question. Read the whole thing.

CRUZ: In early 2021 the State Department distributed internal guidance through emails about how to refer to the normalization between Israel and other countries. In the emails, staffers were instructed that the State Dept. would no longer refer to the normalization as the "Abraham Accords," and the use of "normalization agreements" instead was indicated, according to a June 4 report by the Washington Free Beacon.
 Please transmit copies of those emails. The Washington Free Beacon reviewed at least two of them.
 Please transmit any other internal guidance - emails, memos, cables, notes, decision memos, briefing papers, instructions, etc. - that instructed staffers not to use the phrase "Abraham Accords."
LEAF: As a nominee I am not in a position to act on behalf of the State Department with regard to its records. I take my responsibilities with respect to Congressional oversight seriously and if confirmed, I look forward to working with you to respond to your concerns.

Forum List

Back