Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

After watching the video of her it's obvious Perry did the right thing. She's pretty sick and has no business in government.
Perry did the right thing by asking her to resign. After she didn't he broke the law trying to force her out, which is illegal, even in Texas..

Do you think she's fit for her office? Yes or no.
Couldn't say, I know nothing of the woman. Since she's still there, I suspect she's now keeping a lid on her nightlife and drinking. It is Texas after all, a state where you have a cold one on the way to the bar, for a cold one.

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 36.03 : Texas Statutes - Section 36.03: COERCION OF PUBLIC SERVANT OR VOTER

(a) A person commits an offense if by means of coercion he:
(1) influences or attempts to influence a public servant in a specific exercise of his official power or a specific performance of his official duty or influences or attempts to influence a public servant to violate the public servant's known legal duty; or
(2) influences or attempts to influence a voter not to vote or to vote in a particular manner.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless the coercion is a threat to commit a felony, in which event it is a felony of the third degree.
(c) It is an exception to the application of Subsection (a)(1) of this section that the person who influences or attempts to influence the public servant is a member of the governing body of a governmental entity, and that the action that influences or attempts to influence the public servant is an official action taken by the member of the governing body. For the purposes of this subsection, the term "official action" includes deliberations by the governing body of a governmental entity.

The fact of the matter is you have to prove Perry's intent and thats going to be a hard order to accomplish.

I dont like Perry but this seems like a weak case.
His intent? To force her to resign by withholding funds. It's in the public record.

"Perry is threatening to use his line-item veto authority to wipe out the funding unless Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, a Democrat who recently served a jail sentence for a DWI conviction, resigns from her post and allows the governor to appoint her successor. Lehmberg has previously said that she would not resign.

Officials close to the governor confirmed that he planned to zero out the integrity unit's state financing if Lehmberg did not step down. Critics say that shocking video of the district attorney's belligerent behavior during her arrest and initial jailing demonstrates that she is unfit for office. Lehmberg has said she is seeking treatment since being released from jail."
Official: Funding Cut Would Impair Anti-Fraud Unit | The Texas Tribune

until its before jury and they testify you have to prove that was his intent all along.

Texas really is a shitty state.

Really? Strongest job growth in the nation, but you're an idiot and live off of my tax dollars, no real surprise...

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Are you delusional .. well if you call min. wage jobs a great job growth....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another idiot I see...

Housing starts are up moron, we lead the nation...

Multi Family starts lead the nation...

But don't let facts get in your way...

It is all but a foregone conclusion that this bullshit "case" will get dismissed. Probably sooner than later.
Time will tell, but Rickyboy's mugshot will be a great souvenir either way...

Zzzzzz.

Oh face facts. That's the "benefit" the jokers were seeking all along. Even they have to know that there's not even a scintilla of "substance" in this hack indictment.

I hope Gov. Perry stands there and gives a Mona Lisa smile when the photograph is taken.

I'm not even a big supporter of Perry, but it bugs me when hacks misuse the criminal justice system in this blatant and sordid fashion.

It is all but a foregone conclusion that this bullshit "case" will get dismissed. Probably sooner than later.
Time will tell, but Rickyboy's mugshot will be a great souvenir either way...

Zzzzzz.

Oh face facts. That's the "benefit" the jokers were seeking all along. Even they have to know that there's not even a scintilla of "substance" in this hack indictment.

I hope Gov. Perry stands there and gives a Mona Lisa smile when the photograph is taken.

I'm not even a big supporter of Perry, but it bugs me when hacks misuse the criminal justice system in this blatant and sordid fashion.
What you believe is simply untrue. Carry on...

hv_perry.jpg

I'm not a fan of Gov. Perry; but is there something illegal about his use of a veto?
The case should be redefined as: "Does the Governor of Texas have the power to veto a Bill.
If Vetoed does the Texas legislature have a means to over ride the veto.
Why doesn't the Texas legislature pass the Bill, or at least vote on it. I have a feeling it would not win a vote.

No one disputes that Perry is allowed to veto measures approved by the Legislature, including parts of the state budget. But the Austin-based Texans for Public Justice government watchdog group filed an ethics complaint accusing the governor of coercion because he threatened to use his veto before actually doing so in an attempt to pressure Lehmberg to quit

Perry is documented in telling Lehmberg if you don't resign from your position then he will veto money to do her job... this is a violation of texas constution... Perry ignored the law its that simple

He has the right to veto that budget. He also has the right to tell the public why, which is exactly what he did...........................

She's a loose cannon who got a DUI and she is currently under possible ethics violations now.............So........she's an unethical drunk supposed to try others for corruption..............LOL.........Perhaps she should charge herself..........

:cuckoo:

Don't state the obvious, billyrock1991 is too f'ing stupid...

Amazing how someone will defend a drunk because of their party affiliation...

How does the Travis County DA manage the Texas Public Integrity Fund after this?

I don't care if she is a Republican or Democrat, the woman is the last person that needs to be monitoring integrity based on her DWI...

Perry did the right thing by asking her to resign. After she didn't he broke the law trying to force her out, which is illegal, even in Texas..

Do you think she's fit for her office? Yes or no.
Couldn't say, I know nothing of the woman. Since she's still there, I suspect she's now keeping a lid on her nightlife and drinking. It is Texas after all, a state where you have a cold one on the way to the bar, for a cold one.

If you know nothing of the women then what in the hell are you posting in this thread? Find out what's going on, dumb ass.

The reply to shut down this sham of a thread is included in the two youtube videos of a THREE TIMES THE LEGAL LIMIT Democrat caught drinking and driving. That's what Perry is accused of doing.

Trying to get this corrupt, drunk, politician to resign.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...rats-are-shamelessly-corrupt.html#post9634913

When exactly did three times eight become 23? just curious...

Not curious enough:

Results from a blood sample analyzed by the Texas Department of Public Safety found that she had a blood alcohol level of .239.

Jail report says DA was handcuffed and ?leg-ironed? | www.statesman.com

And this is what that looks like:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxsCH_p1oc]Travis County DA Rosemary Lehmberg Drunk Driving Arrest Dash Cam - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7y7oJ266qI]TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY LEHMBERG'S BOOKING FOOTAGE KOKE FM 042113 - YouTube[/ame]

He can just ignore it. If the president et al do not respect law then I don't see why Rick should.

Having said that I'm not exactly a Rick fan.

Apples and rotten GOP oranges.

If you think Potus has broken the law, the GOP in D.C. could easily get a a prosecutor to investigate and indict.

Gee, they haven't done it so far.... must be, no law has been broken.

Once again we see the leftist trash defend unqualified government bureaucrats if they are democrat. People are sick of this shit.

He can just ignore it. If the president et al do not respect law then I don't see why Rick should.

Having said that I'm not exactly a Rick fan.

Apples and rotten GOP oranges.

If you think Potus has broken the law, the GOP in D.C. could easily get a a prosecutor to investigate and indict.

Gee, they haven't done it so far.... must be, no law has been broken.

The immigration laws are being broken every day and Obama doesn't enforce them. He encourages lawbreaking of laws he doesn't want to enforce. He took an oath to defend the law. Wise up, dumb ass.

Forum List

Back