Texans To Become Lab Rats for "Good Guy with a Gun" Theory

OK, Wayne (Lapierre), here's your big chance to prove your theory about good guys with guns in a state more heavily and densely populated than NoDak or Wyoming.

I truly hope the restaurants and establishments serving liquor take it upon themselves to ban open carry guns from their respective establishments.

Texas Gears Up for New Open-Carry Handgun Law
Measure makes the state the most populous to allow the practice

Updated Dec. 26, 2015 11:56 a.m. ET
155 COMMENTS
DALLAS—The owners of Gringo’s Mexican Kitchen are old hands at confronting the typical challenges of a burgeoning restaurant business—hiring, competition, even developing a “gluten guide.” But recently the Tex-Mex chain has been facing an unusual dilemma: whether to allow customers to openly display their guns while munching fajitas.

Come Jan. 1, licensed firearms owners in Texas will be able to openly carry a handgun in most places. A law signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott earlier this year will make Texas the most populous state in the U.S. to allow the practice, known as “open carry.”

Existing Texas law requires licensed gun owners to conceal their handguns so they aren’t in plain view. The new law will allow them to carry handguns openly, in belt or shoulder holsters.

But private businesses and other establishments have the right to ban open carry under the law, and many have been wrestling with how to proceed.

“We’re primarily a family environment in terms of our restaurant. And so we decided it’s probably best not to allow open carry,” said Al Flores, counsel for Gringo’s, which has 14 restaurants, mainly in the Houston area and surrounding counties. “We just felt that knowing our customers, allowing someone to walk in openly carrying a weapon, it would make them feel a little uncomfortable.”
Do you have a point?
One small restaurant chain has decided to not allow open carry. So fucking what?
What are you going to claim when the Texas open carry law passes and the gun murder rate committed by legal gun owners goes down or doesn't change?
Open Carry doesn't affect normal sane legal gun owners.

Just takes one abnormal, insane legal gun owner in a public place to ruin many, many lives.

I think it's a bad idea, and I know many gun-owning Houstonians who think it's a bad idea, too.

Do you understand how dumb your this post is.......the abnormal, insane killer.....is already shooting up places despite the gun free zone laws....the only people who can't carry guns in many public places are the ones not shooting people.........

An abnormal, insane person is going to ruin lives no matter what law you make.......especially if you make a place a gun free zone.....

My post is from the front page of the Wall Street Journal, a very conservative, right wing rag.

Houston is going to be the third largest city in the U.S. within another couple of years, and I am going to be living there myself by the middle of next year. My sig other carries three guns in his vehicle: glove, console and hidden area inside the dash that is accessed by pushing a button over his visor. And he's against open carry after living in Houston all his life. Ergo the WSJ's interest in this topic: Houston already has a high crime rate and everybody there has at least one gun on them.
The ONLY "high crime rate areas are in the inner city shitholes controlled by fuckung gang bangers you stupid bitch.
Take away every illegal gun in those high crime areas and Houston becomes like every other city with no gang bangers. Quite and peaceful.

When you look at the stats some of these cities will report that gang violence only accounts for 40% of all the murders. The problem with this as I saw in one article on the topic, is that gang members often murder without regard to their work as gang members. The gang member will shoot someone at a party, or kill someone as they rob them or murder their girlfreind....and since they aren't caught doing it for the gang it doesn't count as "gang violence." The truth is that almost all murders are committted by people with long histories of violent crime, murdering other criminals during criminal activity.

Looks like Virginia is a'changin' its ways. The current laws aren't working out. Sorry, Sparky.
Virginia voted stupidly now must pay the price. It was a political decision, not public safety.
Wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaaah......
Have mom change your dirty diaper. You're getting cranky.
The bitch is 'riding the cotton pony'. She always goes fucking crazy when that happens.

I agree that law-abiding citizens should be able to carry openly if they so choose, but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone one would want to.

If a perp walks into a business looking to commit a crime, he'll likely shoot you even before he makes the announcement.
And then the "perp" is shot by the woman in the next isle.
Not much point for a perp to walk into a business with a gun knowing the possibility that a dozen people are carrying unless the perp has decided to commit suicide.

I always enjoy the stories of the moron thugs who decide to rob a bar...only to find out that they are robbing a "Cop" bar...never turns out well for them.

Do you have a point?
One small restaurant chain has decided to not allow open carry. So fucking what?
What are you going to claim when the Texas open carry law passes and the gun murder rate committed by legal gun owners goes down or doesn't change?

Just takes one abnormal, insane legal gun owner in a public place to ruin many, many lives.

I think it's a bad idea, and I know many gun-owning Houstonians who think it's a bad idea, too.

Do you understand how dumb your this post is.......the abnormal, insane killer.....is already shooting up places despite the gun free zone laws....the only people who can't carry guns in many public places are the ones not shooting people.........

An abnormal, insane person is going to ruin lives no matter what law you make.......especially if you make a place a gun free zone.....

My post is from the front page of the Wall Street Journal, a very conservative, right wing rag.

Houston is going to be the third largest city in the U.S. within another couple of years, and I am going to be living there myself by the middle of next year. My sig other carries three guns in his vehicle: glove, console and hidden area inside the dash that is accessed by pushing a button over his visor. And he's against open carry after living in Houston all his life. Ergo the WSJ's interest in this topic: Houston already has a high crime rate and everybody there has at least one gun on them.
The ONLY "high crime rate areas are in the inner city shitholes controlled by fuckung gang bangers you stupid bitch.
Take away every illegal gun in those high crime areas and Houston becomes like every other city with no gang bangers. Quite and peaceful.

When you look at the stats some of these cities will report that gang violence only accounts for 40% of all the murders. The problem with this as I saw in one article on the topic, is that gang members often murder without regard to their work as gang members. The gang member will shoot someone at a party, or kill someone as they rob them or murder their girlfreind....and since they aren't caught doing it for the gang it doesn't count as "gang violence." The truth is that almost all murders are committted by people with long histories of violent crime, murdering other criminals during criminal activity.
That true. The 'official' stats on gang related murders are skewed badly.
Remove all illegal guns and the gun murder rate plummets.

Just exercise your 1st amendment rights when some weirdo needs to present a weapon to the public.

"Oh look, its a prepper/dumbass/conservative/weirdo who's dick is the size of a roll of antacids."

And say it loooouuuudddd.

Yes, please do. It's always nice to know who the bigoted morons are! And that being said, here are more people defending themselves and others...Thanks for the opportunity to present ever more evidence of your profound ignorance and stupidity!

Hey dopey mcscaredoflife. I don't have a problem with CC and the use of guns to stop bad guys, its the double-chin crowd who feel powerless and carrying a gun in public to faux intimidate people that is sad. These are people that want so bad to be a 'hero' but never will be.

It is no different than a child carrying around a blanket for comfort.

Law abiding peaceful people who carry are around other law abiding peaceful people who carry all the time. No one is "intimidated" except the criminals.
CC and OC are meant to be deterrents to people who want to commit crimes. The deterrents work. Millions of crimes have been prevented by the use of deterrents AKA guns.

Just exercise your 1st amendment rights when some weirdo needs to present a weapon to the public.

"Oh look, its a prepper/dumbass/conservative/weirdo who's dick is the size of a roll of antacids."

Yes, please do. It's always nice to know who the bigoted morons are! And that being said, here are more people defending themselves and others...Thanks for the opportunity to present ever more evidence of your profound ignorance and stupidity!

Hey dopey mcscaredoflife. I don't have a problem with CC and the use of guns to stop bad guys, its the double-chin crowd who feel powerless and carrying a gun in public to faux intimidate people that is sad. These are people that want so bad to be a 'hero' but never will be.

Law abiding peaceful people who carry are around other law abiding peaceful people who carry all the time. No one is "intimidated" except the criminals.
CC and OC are meant to be deterrents to people who want to commit crimes. The deterrents work. Millions of crimes have been prevented by the use of deterrents AKA guns.

Yeah bullshit. People that walk around with a gun on display in public want the public to know they have a gun. It is attempted intimidation by the idiot on normal people.

I already said I don't have a problem with CC as long as the person is fully vetted, but this yahoo hillbilly shit of slinging a rifle over your shoulder and walking into Wendy's is just the weakest display of personhood there is.

Yeah bullshit. People that walk around with a gun on display in public want the public to know they have a gun. It is attempted intimidation by the idiot on normal people.

I already said I don't have a problem with CC as long as the person is fully vetted, but this yahoo hillbilly shit of slinging a rifle over your shoulder and walking into Wendy's is just the weakest display of personhood there is.

Yes there's the rare asshole who does ignorant things like bringing a long gun to a Wendy's
These people are very rare though. They are making a Second Amendment statement.
The instance where the guy took his long gun into a Wendy's was a reaction to an anti-gun demonstration outside that Wendy's.
There is a documented case where a LIB walked around with an AK long gun in a REP rally a couple of years ago. He turned out to be a DNC 'plant'.
"Normal" people are around CC owners all the time. The only people being "intimidated" are the potential criminals in their midst. That' a good thing.

I agree that law-abiding citizens should be able to carry openly if they so choose, but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone one would want to.

If a perp walks into a business looking to commit a crime, he'll likely shoot you even before he makes the announcement.
Not much point for a perp to walk into a business with a gun knowing the possibility that a dozen people are carrying unless the perp has decided to commit suicide.

He may have.

And too bad about the first guy, eh?

Carry openly. I don't care.

Yes there's the rare asshole who does ignorant things like bringing a long gun to a Wendy's
These people are very rare though. They are making a Second Amendment statement.
The instance where the guy took his long gun into a Wendy's was a reaction to an anti-gun demonstration outside that Wendy's.
There is a documented case where a LIB walked around with an AK long gun in a REP rally a couple of years ago. He turned out to be a DNC 'plant'.
"Normal" people are around CC owners all the time. The only people being "intimidated" are the potential criminals in their midst. That' a good thing.

Good, then no one should carry other than CC. That is the domain of the whackjobs.

He may have.

Maybe maybe not. The perp may have seen the guy with a gun and decided not to risk his life maybe just wounding or even missing the guy.
Millions of potential crimes are stopped before they happen because the 'good guy' had a gun or the perp guessing their was a good guy with a gun ready to use it.
This according to Bill Clinton and Obama's data.

He may have.

Maybe maybe not. The perp may have seen the guy with a gun and decided not to risk his life maybe just wounding or even missing the guy.
Millions of potential crimes are stopped before they happen because the 'good guy' had a gun or the perp guessing their was a good guy with a gun ready to use it.
This according to Bill Clinton and Obama's data.

I'm not disputing that. But the element of surprise counts for a lot. I don't want a perp to know I'm carrying until just before things go dark for him.

Looks like Virginia is a'changin' its ways. The current laws aren't working out. Sorry, Sparky.
Virginia voted stupidly now must pay the price. It was a political decision, not public safety.

Sorry but you should do a little research before your ass is handed to you. Virginia is just one example of the so-called open carry states. They have severe restrictions and definitions for open carry. But Texas will be different and much more lax, ergo the problem
Describe, in detail, EXACTLY what Virginia's "restrictions and definitions for open carry" are. Be specific.

Sorry but you should do a little research before your ass is handed to you. Virginia is just one example of the so-called open carry states. They have severe restrictions and definitions for open carry. But Texas will be different and much more lax, ergo the problem
Describe, in detail, EXACTLY what Virginia's "restrictions and definitions for open carry" are. Be specific.
The fucking bitch will NEVER provide any detail. She likes to run her stupid mouth especially when she's riding the cotton pony.

OK, Wayne (Lapierre), here's your big chance to prove your theory about good guys with guns in a state more heavily and densely populated than NoDak or Wyoming.

I truly hope the restaurants and establishments serving liquor take it upon themselves to ban open carry guns from their respective establishments.

155 COMMENTS
DALLAS—The owners of Gringo’s Mexican Kitchen are old hands at confronting the typical challenges of a burgeoning restaurant business—hiring, competition, even developing a “gluten guide.” But recently the Tex-Mex chain has been facing an unusual dilemma: whether to allow customers to openly display their guns while munching fajitas.

Come Jan. 1, licensed firearms owners in Texas will be able to openly carry a handgun in most places. A law signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott earlier this year will make Texas the most populous state in the U.S. to allow the practice, known as “open carry.”

Existing Texas law requires licensed gun owners to conceal their handguns so they aren’t in plain view. The new law will allow them to carry handguns openly, in belt or shoulder holsters.

But private businesses and other establishments have the right to ban open carry under the law, and many have been wrestling with how to proceed.

“We’re primarily a family environment in terms of our restaurant. And so we decided it’s probably best not to allow open carry,” said Al Flores, counsel for Gringo’s, which has 14 restaurants, mainly in the Houston area and surrounding counties. “We just felt that knowing our customers, allowing someone to walk in openly carrying a weapon, it would make them feel a little uncomfortable.”

155 COMMENTS

Do you have a point?

The politicians and courts are crapping their pants in Texas right now, because the law was written to make it legal to carry in those areas. Lots of extra meetings and discussions right now to try to reduce their chances of having to abide by the same rules they unleashed on the general public. Hypocrisy at it's greatest.

155 COMMENTS

Do you have a point?

There's no law that is going to stop an abnormal, insane person from doing something stupid.

However, this law will possibly minimize the damage caused by that abnormal, insane person.

Yeah, right after leaving their tip for the waitress, Mr Gun Owner is just going to shoot up the place?

Libtards are a special kind of stupid.

Bullshit. Houston elected a fag mayor so why does it matter what those retarded fucks think?

The politicians and courts are crapping their pants in Texas right now, because the law was written to make it legal to carry in those areas. Lots of extra meetings and discussions right now to try to reduce their chances of having to abide by the same rules they unleashed on the general public. Hypocrisy at it's greatest.
You are fucking stupid. Virginia has had open carry for decades now and gosh no one has shot a court up yet, fagot.

When you are truly serious about Open Carry...

OpenCarryLegSet_zpsqpzxxafi.jpg

Forum List

Back