Texans Getting High Electric Bills

Not being on the national grid has it's consequences.
There is no “national grid”.
Over State lines in 48 States is national to me. They could have gotten juice from Nevada like CA does.

The US has regional power grids, which operate independently. In most cases yes they bleed over state lines because many of the power sources are dams on rivers that divide states. Texas just happens to be so big it has an entire regional power grid within it, but it also has three other grids shared with other states.
They screwed their own goose.

Maybe so, but it has nothing to do with them having their own grid, which is actually connected to another power grid by the way.
If they can't produce and deliver it is a huge problem and you carry on about the grid that failed.
Of course it’s a huge problem. They relied way too much on wind, and their valves froze over on natural gas pipelines. Those were issues at the generation sites, not the grid.

Not being on the national grid has it's consequences.
There is no “national grid”.
3 grids in the US. The eastern grid, the western grid, and the Texas grid.
Completely false. An “interconnect” is not a grid, it is comprised of many regional grids, all of which are separately managed.
credible link?
Here is an example of some Western power grid areas.
WAMP-thumb-500x362-7324.jpg
No dumb ass. Those are regions of the western grid.
Nope, they are separate grids that run on completely different SCADA systems.

Even at a high cost for power usage........seems kinda strange to be THAT high when the power has been out.

Time for Texas to get with the program otherwise left on their own with problems. Bitching doesn't produce juice.
Time for Texas to reopen a dozen of their old coal fired plants which will immediately bring the price of the electricity down to 10% of what it is now. It won't do any damage to the atmosphere compared to what China is doing more and more of every day.

Wow I wouldn't put up with such high rates for such terrible service as they put up with in Texas.

But then, my state has the lowest rates in the nation.

We don't have massive power outages like Texas either. Only thing that causes a power outage is a wind storm that brings the lines down but it's fixed in hours or days.

You all have fun with your ridiculously high electric rates.

Suckers.

Forum List

Back