Texans.....Do you really welcome open carry?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I can see you not wanting to register or have a permit for a handgun.
But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

An armed society is a polite society.....

Only when you're in town for a visit.

Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

It's working fine in 20 other states. Now, the shitholes run by people like you (all of California, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, etc., etc.) are a different story; it's a daily slaughter there. But you like it that way, don't you?

Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

You forgot Louisiana ... Probably because they never passed a law to make open carry legal.
It wasn't necessary because they never passed a law that made it illegal to start with.

We did however pass a State Constitutional Amendment that reinforces our Federally protected rights,
absent any language that can be misinterpreted.

When it passed the State Legislature, and then was ratified by the People,
it did so with more than a 70% margin making it a well-supported mandate.

Last edited:

Yet Texans are among the most miserable people in the nation already.

While I might would encourage people who don't know what the hell they are doing to learn what the hell they are doing, I really don't have a problem with requiring no "training", especially in rural areas where doing anything can require a hike to civilization.

Bullshit I just saw a survey and Texans are happy and Texas is now becoming the retirement capitol of the nation...so you are wrong again....not surprising....

Bullshit I just saw a survey and Texans are happy and Texas is now becoming the retirement capitol of the nation...so you are wrong again....not surprising....
Have you ever read the post of Bootney Lee Farnsworth?

People are so nice to me....
1624029675182.png

Have you ever read the post of Bootney Lee Farnsworth?
Which one???

The irony here is that in most of the Old West, you could not walk around towns with a gun. And Texas Republicans were in the forefront of gun control laws after the Civil War.

I can see the ads now:

"Texas! Come here and die!"
No come here and live free....and prosper....
1624029848047.png

if you want to die go to NY LA Portland Chicago San Francisco Philadelphia and Detroit.....

The government is not going to protect citizens now------its wild west rules. Not only should one open carry but they should practice quick shooting........and sniping.

Should be fun. Add to that getting rid of all federal safety laws from OSHA and EPA and let them frack everywhere. Fun times in Texas.

Add to that their solo power grid is yet again ready to fail if Texans don't conserve their energy during this heat wave. And the temps are in the mid-90s and they are having grid problems again. Five years ago I was flying to Houston several times a year and the temps would be 102-103 and there was no mention of the grid failing or citizens being asked to conserve energy. Texas is quickly becoming the STUPID STATE.

Forum List

Back