Texans are fools to pass up on Johnny Football.here is why.

Pretty set that the Texans will take Clowney and draft a QB in the second round

Good strategy

Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Ben Roethlisberger, Jeff Hostetler.

These guys aren't world class QB's, they all won Super Bowls, defense was the difference.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

True, but in general teams that win superbowls do so with superb quarterback play.

I saw that predicted. Looks like an excellent choice. Manziel is a potential nightmare with some serious skills. Clowney has tons of talent but questionable work ethic, so he may be a bust too.

Mack looks like the real deal and would be an instant asset.

Im sure the atlanta falcons thought the same exact same thing when they made the worst mistake of their life trading away farve for some draft picks.that because of his recklessness and crazy improvisational skills,that he was a potential disaster waiting to happen.:D you know they were thinking that.They obvioulsy didnt see the greatness waiting in him and understand that he would mature later one.:D

I'm sure the Titans would like their Vince Young pick back. I also recall that Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf or in 1999, it went Tim Couch, Donavan McNabb and Akili Smith, 1, 2, 3. How about the can't miss QB Heath Schuller?

Sorry but Manziel is not a sure pick, two better picks on the defensive side of the ball I think have a better shot of impacting the team.

Young didnt have the amazing skills that johnny has and couldnt make a basketball shot from nosebleed sections either. Marinovich and Leaf are poor examples because the general managers that drafted them were not very bright in the fact they overlooked how marinovich and leaf were easy to rattle.

they could not keep their composure if things went wrong for them and had an extremely negative bad attitide. johnny has the same confidance that wilson and brady had,both of them when they came out of the draft, both told their owners it was the best decision they ever made and they were right.they both are players that have a rare confidance about themsleves KNOWING they will succeed.Johnny has that as well.

I remember marinovichs last game after he screwed up so badly knowing he would never be back with the raiders or with the NFL again,he started crying on the bench.:D:lol::lol: all the more funny that it was with the RAIDERS,a team thats suppose to be bad ass and fearless.:lol::lol:

cant remember a single thing about smith,but heath schular didnt have any scrambling ability or the great improvisation skills like johnny,cam newton,kapernick and wilson have and I fail to see why you even put Mcnabb in that mix since he WAS a success making it to a few pro bowls while he was in the league.lol.

Tim Coach would have been good had he been drafted by another team with a different coach.He never was fortunate enough to hook up with a good coach or a good system.Cleveland has historically hired bad coaches. it was a very bad situation for him that he never recovered from.

Last edited:
Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Ben Roethlisberger, Jeff Hostetler.

These guys aren't world class QB's, they all won Super Bowls, defense was the difference.

The ONLY two players that you mentioned that are valid here is Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. This argument only helps my case for me WHY you draft the QB and build the team around him like they did with Aikman and Peyton Manning.

Sure Rypien,Flacco,and Hostetler arent world class but they are nowhere anywhere in the same catagory of quarterbacks who scare you in hurting your team like Dilfer and Johnson were.:D:lol::lol: Dilfer and Johnson are the ONLY two RARE cases where not having a very good quarterback but an excellent defense was good enough to get you to the superbowl and win it alll. again those are just "TWO" extremely rare cases where the quarterback wasnt that good but a great defense won the superbowl for you.

No way in hell does Hostletler belong in the same catagory as johnson and dilfer as not very good Quarterbacks.Hoss was super tough,he took a major pounding in the superbowl against the bills and time after time got back up and came back with accurate throws.He was very accurate down the field and had very good mobility,he lasted in the NFL for quite some time because of his deep downfield accuracy and mobility he had.

Flacco? get serious.while not flashy,his teammates believe in him.you obviously dont remember the playoff games against the broncos.Not very many quarterbacks can keep their poise going into denver and winning up there during that time of year,the second toughest place to play and win at because of the roudy mile high crowd and how loud they get there and how tough it it to keep up pace wise because of the mile high thin air.:cuckoo:

He completed a VERY long pass down the field on 4th and 23 towards the end of the game when the game was on the line.He never panicked in that game and remained calm keeping his poise the entire game.It takes a special quarterback to do that. just watch,not this year,but next year,they'll be a good team again.Flacoos clutch quarterback play was a key in them winning that game AND the superbowl,not just the defense.

Mark Rypien? get real.He also was a good quarterback his teammates all believed in.He had a strong accurate arm down the field and had very good leadership skills.

Big Ben? thats the joke of the century that you would even put him in the mix.:cuckoo::D:D

I guarantee you most teams in the NFL would kill to have this guy as their quarterback.:lol:

great leadership skills,escapes the pocket and gets away from being dragged down cause of his size,something hardly any other quarterback in the league can do.he makes plays out of nothing with his great improvisational skills keeping alive in the pocket.while he was not much of a factor in the first superbowl letting the big stage get to him,he WAS a huge factor in the cardinals game.somehow you seem to forget how he won the gaem for them at the end under two minutes completing a long pass down the field in the end zone on a third and long with just under a minute left in the ball game.thats something any quarterback in the NFL can do anytime.:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

you seem to have the same irrational hate for big ben that you do over kurt warner.:cuckoo:

again this post only helps my case FOR ME,that they should draft manziel.:lol: since AGAIN,Johnson and dilfer are the two rare exceptions where not having a good reliable quarterback but a strong defense was good enough to win the superbowl. oh and what happened to the ravens and bucs after those superbowls? it took the ravens 8 years to get back to it again trying to find a good quarterback again and the bucs have failed to make it back since so that just reinforces my point for me.:lol::lol::D

True, but in general teams that win superbowls do so with superb quarterback play.

exactly.Johnson and Dilfer are the only rare exceptions where not having a good reliable quarterback was good enough to get them to win the superbowls and look what happened to those teams after that in trying to get back to the superbowl again.it took the ravens 13 years to make it back. again trying to find a good quarterback that could lead the way for them and the bucs have failed ever since to even make it to the playoffs since then.:D thats been 10 years now. 13 and 10 years is a long time.

in SHORT,Rypien,Hostletler and Flacco were not world class quarterbacks,TRUE.HOWEVER,they had strong accurate arms that they used to hit recievers deep down the field with and had leadership skills their teammates belived in.they were not GREAT quarterbacks,but they were GOOD RELIABLE ones that could make clutch throws when the game was on the line.

Flacco his first couple years in the league,he was terrible but he blossomed.Him,Rypien and Hoss,nither of those 3 except for flacco in the very beginning two or 3 years like i said,neither of those 3 made me say when they got on the field-on no,he is going to screw it up for them.except flacoo of course his first two or 3 years.NOW of course though,he is an entirely different quarterback and makes clutch throws like the one in denver.

JOHNSON AND DILFER were the only two of that mix where when they came out,you said-Oh no,he will screw it up for them.Those are the ONLY two rare cases where a team was able to win with a great defense but not a very good quarterback and like i said,look how long it was before the ravens made it back to the superbowl after that and look hhow long its been since the bucs made it back? 10 years and counting for the Bucs and 13 years before the ravens made it back.10 years or longer is a LONNGGGG time.history is on my side that having a great defense but not a really good reliable quarterback to go along with it,doesnt get you very far and seldom EVER wins the game for you at the big dance.

AGAIN,I dont care if the texans pass him up.I dont know why people are coming on here acting like I give a shit if they do.Just if i am the GM,theire is no way in hell i take the chance of passing him up.you can always build a team around a quarterback,you seldom ever get to the big dance and win it though with a great defense and a QB that scares you with his play though.Johnson and Dilfer being the lone RARE two exceptions.

Last edited:
Im sure the atlanta falcons thought the same exact same thing when they made the worst mistake of their life trading away farve for some draft picks.that because of his recklessness and crazy improvisational skills,that he was a potential disaster waiting to happen.:D you know they were thinking that.They obvioulsy didnt see the greatness waiting in him and understand that he would mature later one.:D

I'm sure the Titans would like their Vince Young pick back. I also recall that Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf or in 1999, it went Tim Couch, Donavan McNabb and Akili Smith, 1, 2, 3. How about the can't miss QB Heath Schuller?

Sorry but Manziel is not a sure pick, two better picks on the defensive side of the ball I think have a better shot of impacting the team.

Young didnt have the amazing skills that johnny has and couldnt make a basketball shot from nosebleed sections either. Marinovich and Leaf are poor examples because the general managers that drafted them were not very bright in the fact they overlooked how marinovich and leaf were easy to rattle.

they could not keep their composure if things went wrong for them and had an extremely negative bad attitide. johnny has the same confidance that wilson and brady had,both of them when they came out of the draft, both told their owners it was the best decision they ever made and they were right.they both are players that have a rare confidance about themsleves KNOWING they will succeed.Johnny has that as well.

I remember marinovichs last game after he screwed up so badly knowing he would never be back with the raiders or with the NFL again,he started crying on the bench.:D:lol::lol: all the more funny that it was with the RAIDERS,a team thats suppose to be bad ass and fearless.:lol::lol:

cant remember a single thing about smith,but heath schular didnt have any scrambling ability or the great improvisation skills like johnny,cam newton,kapernick and wilson have and I fail to see why you even put Mcnabb in that mix since he WAS a success making it to a few pro bowls while he was in the league.lol.

Tim Coach would have been good had he been drafted by another team with a different coach.He never was fortunate enough to hook up with a good coach or a good system.Cleveland has historically hired bad coaches. it was a very bad situation for him that he never recovered from.

Johnnie Football didn't prove "leadership" by being in college for only two years.

Manzeil's ability to escape the pocket has not been proven at the NFL level.

He MAY show these important characteristics ...he MAY not.

What examples do you have of a team building around a backup?

Texas needs a QB NOW...not in two years. Two years is an eternity in the NFL. If they keep losing the coach may very well be gone along with the plans of working manzeil into the starting position.

Johnnie Football didn't prove "leadership" by being in college for only two years.

Manzeil's ability to escape the pocket has not been proven at the NFL level.

He MAY show these important characteristics ...he MAY not.

What examples do you have of a team building around a backup?

Texas needs a QB NOW...not in two years. Two years is an eternity in the NFL. If they keep losing the coach may very well be gone along with the plans of working manzeil into the starting position.

well they arent going to get that quarterback NOW though because as i said,the owner has said he doesnt want their next quarterback coming in and starting immediately.They learned their lesson the hard way with david carr,that was a mistake.Not everyone can be like your man wilson or luck or manning,players that were able to handle it their first year.they realise that and arent going to do that.they plan on being wise and developing him.so expect him to sit a couple years.see below.

Bob McNair hints rookie Texans QB would sit at first - NFL.com

Last edited:
I think the texans are gonna be smart and take johnny football with the first pick cause again,think about it,WHY would the owner come out and say they would like to have the quarterback they pick in THIS years draft,on the bench for at least the first year in this years draft if it was going to be a 2nd or 3rd choice? makes no sense.I think they just dont want to tip their hand so they have been giving the media false hints of drafting clowney mentioning things off record,that they would like to start it off by building a strong defense ao thats why clowneys name is mentioned all the time in all the mock drafts. i could be wrong,im not perfect,nobody is.but thats something to think about though.

They are better off taking Clowney and using their first pick in the second round to take a QB. There will still be some good ones available

Manziel won't go 1, 2 or 3. Raiders have their pick. Manziel after all the hype will go 7-11th pick.

Time will tell if he has the skills to play in the NFL.

Manziel won't go 1, 2 or 3. Raiders have their pick. Manziel after all the hype will go 7-11th pick.

Time will tell if he has the skills to play in the NFL.

If he's available at 9 and the bills don't pick him I'll cry.

I was starting to feel bad for Johnnie Football.

Can you imagine the embarrassment if he had to go back to his hotel room and wait to get picked in the second round...??? :(

You think Cleveland is better than the 2nd round?

I was starting to feel bad for Johnnie Football.

Can you imagine the embarrassment if he had to go back to his hotel room and wait to get picked in the second round...??? :(

You think Cleveland is better than the 2nd round?

Cleveland got exactly what they wanted, and Manziel is going to be happy going there. He expected to go there anyway, just via the fourth pick rather than the 22nd. Cleveland did their homework and got what they wanted where they wanted. I'm thinking the Browns next pick will be Carlos Hyde at running back. I'm really starting to like their draft. The thing with Manziel is that he may not even start this year. Brian Hoyer has a lot more experience and isn't half bad with the receivers Cleveland has. As for the rest of the draft, Cleveland has quite a few picks left, and they will have two first round picks again next year, potentially two top 10 picks. The best either Cleveland or Buffalo can really hope for this year is 8-8, so those two picks will be significant next year. 2015/16 will be the year to see if these moves pay off for the Browns.

And "walked across the stage rubbing his fingers together the ol' money sign" tweeted by Buster Olney ESPN. Way to stay classy and showing his true colors at pick #22 all I noticed was the "King of the World" arms raised at lower than expected pick 22.
Bust written all over him IMHO.

Forum List

Back