Kurt Warner feels more love towards Arizona team than St Louis team

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I refuse to call either one of these organizations by their team names they have other than St Louis Lambs and just the cardinals.I refuse to say their city names before Cardinals since they are playing in the wrong cities.

what I think is so funny is that Kurt Warner has more of an allegiance to Arizona than he does to that team In St Louis.lol

What a black eye to those few fans in St Louis that are die hards and season ticket holders,the only quarterback to ever take their city to a superbowl and yet,he has more of a love towards the cardinals in arizona than that st louis team. I love it:D:lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao:

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/7331/morning-ram-blings-warners-allegiance

Without a doubt, quarterback Kurt Warner remains one of the most beloved players in the history of the St. Louis Rams. In fact, Warner is still so beloved in St. Louis that it's easy to find his jersey on many fans on Rams game days even to this day.

WarnerIt's easy to remember the glory days of Warner as a Ram, to think back to when he was the conductor of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and leading the team to a win in Super Bowl XXXIV and an appearance at Super Bowl XXXVI. Lost in the reminiscing of those days is how Warner's time in St. Louis ended. It wasn't a pretty divorce as then coach Mike Martz opted to put the franchise in the hands of quarterback Marc Bulger.

After a one-year stop in New York with the Giants, Warner revitalized his career in Arizona and led the previously moribund Cardinals to an appearance in Super Bowl XLIII.

Warner ended his career with similar numbers in his time in Arizona and St. Louis but retired a Cardinal when the team still wanted him to return. Earlier this week, Warner was asked about his allegiance between the two teams by TMZ Sports. In what surely isn't a popular answer amongst Rams faithful, Warner said he would tend to lean toward Arizona. He also made it clear he still has plenty of love for the Rams and St. Louis.

"If there was one I would probably feel more allegiance to Arizona than I do St. Louis just because of the fact that there are still a number of people there whether it's teammates or in the upper levels [of the organization]," Warner said. "Being the last place that I played, being that I still live there, there's probably a little more allegiance there. But still a huge fan of St. Louis and thankful for everything they gave me."

While Warner did win a Super Bowl with the Rams and they gave him his chance, it's understandable why Warner would still feel connected to a franchise that he finished with on such a high note. Beyond that, the Cardinals still have teammates, coaches and support staff from Warner's time there. The turnover in the Rams organization has left little in the way of people Warner spent time with in St. Louis.

In the big picture, none of this is really a big deal. Warner is still loved in St. Louis and still gives back to the community here through his charitable efforts. Likewise, unlike the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Pro Football Hall of Fame doesn't recognize players as "going in" as any member of a particular team. So there will be no debate when Warner earns his trip to Canton.

I.C.Y.M.I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back