Test out the new USMB Skin - Feedback appreciated

I don't hate the new look, but I prefer the old. It does whittle down the avatar from the old square format to a smaller circle. Like Wendy's says "we don't cut corners" and now I see why the square burgers are better. LOL. (laughing at my lame joke)

Even if I go back to the old format, I have to be aware of signature lines and images for those using the new format.

To be honest, people having a huge image in a signature that takes up 800 pixels never should have been allowed. What people with a big signature think is a good feature, those of us who don't have big signatures think is punishment. The Avatars are a different matter, but again just personal preference.

To be honest, people having a huge image in a signature that takes up 800 pixels never should have been allowed. What people with a big signature think is a good feature, those of us who don't have big signatures think is punishment. The Avatars are a different matter, but again just personal preference.

I think it's more of content as mine calls out child abusers and radical leftists trying to take our country away from us.

you just made a big mistake! ha ha ha? who are you? do you come from india? lol see? look what you have done? i double posted..

Last edited:
It does get a bit much I agree. I have turned sigs off before on other sites when it got a bit too much, particularly when somebody was being deliberately offensive with their image.

you just made a big mistake! ha ha ha? who are you? do you come from india? lol
image.jpg

Some updates. Someone pointed out that the unread alerts and read alerts were too similar. We have adjusted this and there is a color difference that is easier to spot now. Also the blue dots.

Avatar sizes have been bumped up.

Font sizes have been bumped up.

No. I did compare it to the old skin and it has way less "white" which is usually the complaint I hear when we update skins. This has more grays and way less white area. It should be less bright.

The font is definitely smaller.... and that cuts both ways. It allows more text per screen, but that text is smaller. There is no ideal solution here as the software doesn't support a user definable font size. The link I posted above is the only solution to increase font size "per user".
I went back to the old style due to the smaller font size. Old eyes and all.

Other than that the new one seems 'cleaner"......Not that it really matters since you told me how to get shed of sig lines. ;)

I had to get outta of it?
Took me an hour-
never mind signing in- thinking I was seeing things. FFS?
bad move!!!
some of these high tech dudes think we all understand? And we dont! LOL and i aint the only one.. shoot!
It reminds me of Ebay- always f-ing things up! :auiqs.jpg:

I had to get outta of it?
Took me an hour-
never mind signing in- thinking I was seeing things. FFS?
bad move!!!
some of these high tech dudes think we all understand? And we dont! LOL and i aint the only one.. shoot!
It reminds me of Ebay- always f-ing things up! :auiqs.jpg:
LOL....In this thread we find out who has old eyes (me) or who can't handle change. ;)

LOL....In this thread we find out who has old eyes (me) or who can't handle change. ;)
yea? But some times leaving things alone that are beautiful and are working good?- aren't worth changing? just saying?
but who knows maybe tech requires it to keep up ;)

Last edited:
Help, I've logged in and I can't find the old log out!

Eta: kidding.. I've relearned scrolling.

Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.
Nice. Like it. 👍

Now about them user stats… do they ever get updated? Seems like they have been frozen for awhile.

Forum List

Back