Tesla!

Elon is a visionary in many ways. Being among the first to mass produce the stupid EVs was a big risk. His space launchers, global satellite internet and moving into power power production is amazing.

However, L-I battery technology for vehicles suck. It is fine for a lawn edger or power drill but does not upscale very well. An ecological disaster to produce, charge and dispose of.

Most people who buy those stupid things will regret it before the life cycle of the vehicle is completed.

Elon is a visionary in many ways. Being among the first to mass produce the stupid EVs was a big risk. His space launchers, global satellite internet and moving into power power production is amazing.

However, L-I battery technology for vehicles suck. It is fine for a lawn edger or power drill but does not upscale very well. An ecological disaster to produce, charge and dispose of.

Most people who buy those stupid things will regret it before the life cycle of the vehicle is completed.
The EV's will drive the ICE vehicles off the market by 2030. They will be less costly, have better performance, last longer, cost less in maintenance and fuel, and have longer range than ICE cars by 2025. The future batteries will be far more energy dense and last a minimum of 500,000 miles for most vehicles. Right now, Tesla's production for their vehicles is already sold out for most of 2022.

The EV's will drive the ICE vehicles off the market by 2030. They will be less costly, have better performance, last longer, cost less in maintenance and fuel, and have longer range than ICE cars by 2025. The future batteries will be far more energy dense and last a minimum of 500,000 miles for most vehicles. Right now, Tesla's production for their vehicles is already sold out for most of 2022.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Battery technology may be feasible in the future if there are some significant technological breakthroughs like maybe with solid state.

However that ain't this stupid L-I technology.

The batteries are costly, an ecological disaster to produce and dispose, have limited capacity, are a bitch to recharge, heavy as hell and limited longevity. Also, Lithium is actually more scarce than oil and it looks like Biden's Chinese buddies have cornered the world's supply.

Just think, China gets controls of most of the world's supply of rare earth medals, then they make the Biden family filthy rich and help him steal an election with the release of a bio weapon. Then Biden enacts stringent emission standards, which drives the forced use of terrible L-I batteries and then subsidies production and charging stations with our tax money. China prospers and we get stuck with the inefficient, uneconomical forced use of a failed technology.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Battery technology may be feasible in the future if there are some significant technological breakthroughs like maybe with solid state.

However that ain't this stupid L-I technology.

The batteries are costly, an ecological disaster to produce and dispose, have limited capacity, are a bitch to recharge, heavy as hell and limited longevity. Also, Lithium is actually more scarce than oil and it looks like Biden's Chinese buddies have cornered the world's supply.

Just think, China gets controls of most of the world's supply of rare earth medals, then they make the Biden family filthy rich and help him steal an election with the release of a bio weapon. Then Biden enacts stringent emission standards, which drives the forced use of terrible L-I batteries and then subsidies production and charging stations with our tax money. China prospers and we get stuck with the inefficient, uneconomical forced use of a failed technology.
Just think, you are one ignorant ass.

The US has all the lithium it needs. The McDermitt Caldera straddles the Nevada-Oregon border. Just one deposit has enough lithium to supply 25% of the world's projected demand for the next 40 years. And there are several deposits.

And there are several other places in Nevada and Oregon that have similar geology.

Just think, you are one ignorant ass.

The US has all the lithium it needs. The McDermitt Caldera straddles the Nevada-Oregon border. Just one deposit has enough lithium to supply 25% of the world's projected demand for the next 40 years. And there are several deposits.

And there are several other places in Nevada and Oregon that have similar geology.

You continue to be confused. China has been buying into these foreign countries and being major investors in foreign mining companies for the last decade, especially the ones in South America and Africa.

They are the world's major investor in rare earth material. Why do you think they made the Biden family rich and then released the bio weapon to undermine Trump? Then Biden almost immediately enacted those stupid emission requirements. America got fucked.

L-I technology is terrible and won't last long. It sure as hell couldn't survive in a free market without the filthy ass Government's interference.

I love my older son but he can be an idiot sometimes. He lives in one of the upscale North Atlanta suburbs. It is considered to be a status symbol to own a Tesla and like an idiot he bought one. It cost him almost $60K.

First of all he had to spend an additional $1200 for a stupid charging hookup for his garage.

It has been OK for a daily commute to work although he is a welfare queen because he riding on highways that he isn't helping to pay for by the fuel tax.

The increase in his electricity bill is a little less than he use to spend for gas but not near as much of a saving as he thought it would be. If the gas prices were like it was under Trump there would be only a minor difference.

He recently drove from Atlanta to South Carolina. He had a hellva time recharging it. One stop it took him over an hour and a half to recharge. This bit that Tesla advertised about ten minute fast charge is bullshit.

The stupid vehicle broke down on him in the middle of Atlanta rush hour. Just stopped working. Went dead. Computer failure. Major problem for him. It was fixed under warranty but it was a major hassle. The Atlanta police were really pissed at him for causing a major tie up of rush hour traffic.

It is a Model Y and not one of the half million that Tesla jest recently recalled but it had a major reliability problem.

He brought the family down to Central Florida for Christmas and he took their gas SUV rather than that stupid L-I powered peice of shit.

My son has an income so that he can buy a $60 K piece of L-I shit and if it doesn't work out he can afford to get rid of it in a couple of years and buy something else. Most people can't afford to take a loss on unproven and unreliable expensive technology.

Why? Did someone start a thread extolling the greatness of those automakers only to find the second post to be an article about their recalls?
Doubtful,because that would be a pretty stupid attempt at "gotcha!", given that recalls are pretty standard fare in the auto industry.

Mostly i only see that kind of dumb stuff here.

Two regrets: never saw Frank Zappa perform live despite dozens of chances and, one of the shorts convinced me TSLA was toxic so I stayed away.

Weren't millions of Model 3 Teslas just recalled AGAIN? This time the cabling is coming undone leaving the driver blind.

My son's $60K Model Y recently went dead in the middle of Atlanta rush hour traffic. Dead in one of the major commuter roads. Computer problem. Tied up traffic on a major highway for an hour and a half until they could get a tow truck. The Atlanta police that had to manage the massive traffic congestion were pissed.

My son's $60K Model Y recently went dead in the middle of Atlanta rush hour traffic. Dead in one of the major commuter roads. Computer problem. Tied up traffic on a major highway for an hour and a half until they could get a tow truck. The Atlanta police that had to manage the massive traffic congestion were pissed.

I still like a car that if something goes wrong, I can open the hood, see and understand everything there, test and diagnose the problem myself with my eyes and ears and maybe a meter, then fix it with a screwdriver, a piece of wire, or a few wraps of duct tape.

I still like a car that if something goes wrong, I can open the hood, see and understand everything there, test and diagnose the problem myself with my eyes and ears and maybe a meter, then fix it with a screwdriver, a piece of wire, or a few wraps of duct tape.
Unfortunately for many of us that ship has sailed a long time ago. I kept my cars running myself in the 1960s but I am at a lost to work on cars nowadays.

Forum List

Back