Tesla!

Unfortunately for many of us that ship has sailed a long time ago. I kept my cars running myself in the 1960s but I am at a lost to work on cars nowadays.

So are most mechanics. They often cannot diagnose their problems now even with computerized special test equipment and must rely on swapping out expensive parts hoping they fix the problem.

So are most mechanics. They often cannot diagnose their problems now even with computerized special test equipment and must rely on swapping out expensive parts hoping they fix the problem.

The problem I have is that I am an Engineer so I think I can diagnose and fix anything. However, I usually get myself in trouble and make things worse and have to pay somebody to unfuck what I fucked up.

That stupidity plagued me most of my adult life. Fortunately, as I am getting older, I am more incline to just go to an expert first.

You continue to be confused. China has been buying into these foreign countries and being major investors in foreign mining companies for the last decade, especially the ones in South America and Africa.

They are the world's major investor in rare earth material. Why do you think they made the Biden family rich and then released the bio weapon to undermine Trump? Then Biden almost immediately enacted those stupid emission requirements. America got fucked.

L-I technology is terrible and won't last long. It sure as hell couldn't survive in a free market without the filthy ass Government's interference.

I love my older son but he can be an idiot sometimes. He lives in one of the upscale North Atlanta suburbs. It is considered to be a status symbol to own a Tesla and like an idiot he bought one. It cost him almost $60K.

First of all he had to spend an additional $1200 for a stupid charging hookup for his garage.

It has been OK for a daily commute to work although he is a welfare queen because he riding on highways that he isn't helping to pay for by the fuel tax.

The increase in his electricity bill is a little less than he use to spend for gas but not near as much of a saving as he thought it would be. If the gas prices were like it was under Trump there would be only a minor difference.

He recently drove from Atlanta to South Carolina. He had a hellva time recharging it. One stop it took him over an hour and a half to recharge. This bit that Tesla advertised about ten minute fast charge is bullshit.

The stupid vehicle broke down on him in the middle of Atlanta rush hour. Just stopped working. Went dead. Computer failure. Major problem for him. It was fixed under warranty but it was a major hassle. The Atlanta police were really pissed at him for causing a major tie up of rush hour traffic.

It is a Model Y and not one of the half million that Tesla jest recently recalled but it had a major reliability problem.

He brought the family down to Central Florida for Christmas and he took their gas SUV rather than that stupid L-I powered peice of shit.

My son has an income so that he can buy a $60 K piece of L-I shit and if it doesn't work out he can afford to get rid of it in a couple of years and buy something else. Most people can't afford to take a loss on unproven and unreliable expensive technology.
LOL The last 3 years that I worked as a millwright in a steel mill, my impact wrenches, drill motors, and lights were all driven by lithium batteries. Much easier to use than extension cords and air lines in the machinery. By 2025 there will be ample EV's on the used car market, and they will bring a good price. The ICE cars will be slightly more expensive than scrap metal. By 2030 scrap metal will be the only price you will get for ICE cars.

The problem I have is that I am an Engineer so I think I can diagnose and fix anything. However, I usually get myself in trouble and make things worse and have to pay somebody to unfuck what I fucked up.

That stupidity plagued me most of my adult life. Fortunately, as I am getting older, I am more incline to just go to an expert first.
In my very 50+ career as a millwright, I have met many engineers like you. Great fun to hand them the tools and stand back for the laughs that ensue. Once when I was hired in as a supervisor on a project, the head engineer, an older fellow showed me around then asked me what I thought of the setup. I said I was glad to see the right ratio of engineers to millwright. He asked my what I meant by that. I said two to do the work, and one to fix the engineers fuckups. He laughed, and said, "Well, I see you have been around a few projects".

By 2025 there will be ample EV's on the used car market

You mean am EV car I buy today will be up for sale by the owner in just three years?

ROFL.gif

You mean everyone will be dumping these things to go back to what they know works reliably, conveniently and affordably? And at a respectable size?

You mean am EV car I buy today will be up for sale by the owner in just three years?

View attachment 582030

You mean everyone will be dumping these things to go back to what they know works reliably, conveniently and affordably? And at a respectable size?
No, dumb ass, I mean that many will be trading in the EV they own for one with longer range, or moving up to a larger one, or one that fits their needs that have changed from today. The same reason you find good used ICE cars on the market today.

many will be trading in the EV they own for one with longer range, or moving up to a larger one, or one that fits their needs that have changed from today.
God Bless their deep pockets!

The same reason you find good used ICE cars on the market today.
I find good ICE cars on the used market because there are literally MILLIONS of them, between being almost new to being 30+ years old. If you think the used EV market will be as big in three years then you're a bigger fool than I realized.

Tesla cars are a classic example of "over engineering". Most cars are these days..

They are little more than mobile entertainment centers than a vehicle for transportation...which is what the gubberment really wants.

They want you to live in apartments, ride mass transit, eat nothing but gubberment cheese, and be capable of doing nothing except be a drone addicted to meaningless videos.

Then while you are busy getting riled up over the latest focus group study absurd topic they will take the last bit of freedom you have.

Freedom is not about the freedom to succeed...it's also the freedom to fail and self teach yourself about how to do something or not do something.

KISS is the overriding principle. You can have the most fuel efficient car in the world but if the darn thing won't leave the driveway because the tires don't have enough air pressure...what good is it?
Or the computer says that the whizzit isn't tampering the thingamabob...is it going to get me to work or not?

What about groceries?

And when they finally figure out how to make an EV Tractor capable of pulling 12hr days 6 days a week for weeks at a time...then maybe I'll get an EV...but not until that time.

Forum List

Back