Tesla Powerwall in Australia: Electricity bill dives from $660 to $50

The full cost of a 10 kw/hr Tesla Powerwall.

SolarCity Reveals Installed Pricing For Tesla Powerwall

For a 10 kilowatt-hour system, customers can prepay $5,000 for a nine-year lease, which includes installation, a maintenance agreement, the electrical inverter and control systems. Customers can also buy the same system outright for $7,140, Bass said.”

Solar City will begin installations of Powerwall this October.
Use the link that this thread is based upon, that you agreed with, that you argued in favor of. The price is $15k, according the link you "agree" with you.

Old Crock, you really are complete fucking moron.
What this bill shows us about Tesla’s Powerwall
When installation of the $13,950 Tesla Powerwall was announced, many questioned if the savings would be worth the initial investment.
View attachment 95136

AND he has told you numerous times, that's the cost in AUSTRALIA, not the United States. Derpty Derp.
No shit, Tryanasourisdummy. But this is a thread about Arustralia, is it not? This is the system we are talking about? Correct, not some made up bullshit the second dumbest (you I think may be dumber) person on the board posted.

Everything Old Crock posts, gets proven wrong, every single post. Ask anybody here, they will tell you, half the time Old Crock links to stuff that shows he is wrong, just like here where the link shows a price that Old Crock agreed with, but now he disagrees.
No, dumb fuck, this thread is about a new technology that allows the homeowner to save a lot of money if he is In an area where the cost of electricity is high. Yes, the cost of the Powerwall is high in Australia, but so is the cost of electricity.

As for the accuracy of my posts, I post my sources, whereas all you do is post preposterous claims that you have pulled out of your ass.

The full cost of a 10 kw/hr Tesla Powerwall.

SolarCity Reveals Installed Pricing For Tesla Powerwall

For a 10 kilowatt-hour system, customers can prepay $5,000 for a nine-year lease, which includes installation, a maintenance agreement, the electrical inverter and control systems. Customers can also buy the same system outright for $7,140, Bass said.”

Solar City will begin installations of Powerwall this October.
Use the link that this thread is based upon, that you agreed with, that you argued in favor of. The price is $15k, according the link you "agree" with you.

Old Crock, you really are complete fucking moron.
What this bill shows us about Tesla’s Powerwall
When installation of the $13,950 Tesla Powerwall was announced, many questioned if the savings would be worth the initial investment.
View attachment 95136

AND he has told you numerous times, that's the cost in AUSTRALIA, not the United States. Derpty Derp.
No shit, Tryanasourisdummy. But this is a thread about Arustralia, is it not? This is the system we are talking about? Correct, not some made up bullshit the second dumbest (you I think may be dumber) person on the board posted.

Everything Old Crock posts, gets proven wrong, every single post. Ask anybody here, they will tell you, half the time Old Crock links to stuff that shows he is wrong, just like here where the link shows a price that Old Crock agreed with, but now he disagrees.

No derpty- Derp...he has said many times, many many many times, that the prices he is quoting is for the united States, and has on multiple occasions provided links showing the prices in the United States.
Old Crock links to a battery that charges a car, not a house, moron. Just cause you link to it does not make it true.
LOL So now you claiming that it takes a different kind of electricity to charge a car than to power a home? LOL Then, for God's sake, how do they charge the Tesla S from plugin's in the houses? Elektra, old gal, you are getting more ludicrous every day.

One of the lies told by all the dumb ass 'Conservatives' here is that people like myself are trying to eliminate the use of oil completely. Nothing could be further from the truth. What we are trying to eliminate is the use of oil as a fuel. It will continue to be an industrial stock for the foreseeable future.

And, by the way, the guarantee on most PV panels is for them to retain 80% or more of their generation power for 20 to 25 years. Again, a minimal amount of research would have shown this to anyone that was honestly trying to assess the potential of home solar.

No, all you could do is criticize, but you ignored my questions for you. What is the cost, benefit analysis for the lifetime of a solar panel? Not just the production cost to the environment, but how much pollution it will save verses the amount it causes at production.
Answer a false premise? Reply to a lie? Hell, do you even know the life of a Solar Panel? Solar Panels do not save, or prevent pollution, if they did, you would prove it, so you demand others to do what you can't. I have many threads here, that state how ineffective, how worthless, Solar is. Go ahead and prove what you contend, prove the point you made first. Show us how you can maintain Solar or Wind plants without Oil. Show us how you will pump water to simply clean solar panels, without another source of fuel. You make outrageous claims with zero proof. I can at the least dig up a bunch of threads I have created with tons of information.

You got a thread making your points? I will look for it, as far as in this thread, which is about Tesla Poweralls, you have shown that you can not add anything. Go ahead, dig up one of your threads that proves what you have stated. I will happily rip that apart. Here, I will just ridicule your nonsense.

Seriously? Calling me non-sense coming from someone that made the statement that when oil dries up we die?

Edit: I've NEVER said we need to go without oil... NEVER. Prove I said that. In fact I've said we will NEVER be able to stop using oil and coal. BUT we need to limit it's use so it last longer, and so that we can minimize the effects it has on the environment.
How will you grow food with out Oil? Without Oil we do die. Using it faster to build Solar and Wind brings the end nearer. Solar and Wind consume far too much for what they provide us. How do you build a Wind Turbine without oil, is there a substitute for the Propene, which only comes from Oil, which you need to manufacture fiberglass?

Did you just seriously ask how you grow food without oil? OMG how in the hell did people live before we discovered oil?

Not very well. Fossil fuels have allowed the farming industry to industrialize. I suggest you look at the production rates pre, and post internal combustion engines.
An electric motor can do anything that a ICE can do. And, most of the time, do it better. As the energy density of batteries continues to increase, there will come a time when the ICE is relegated to the same role as the horse is today.

Seriously? Calling me non-sense coming from someone that made the statement that when oil dries up we die?

Edit: I've NEVER said we need to go without oil... NEVER. Prove I said that. In fact I've said we will NEVER be able to stop using oil and coal. BUT we need to limit it's use so it last longer, and so that we can minimize the effects it has on the environment.
How will you grow food with out Oil? Without Oil we do die. Using it faster to build Solar and Wind brings the end nearer. Solar and Wind consume far too much for what they provide us. How do you build a Wind Turbine without oil, is there a substitute for the Propene, which only comes from Oil, which you need to manufacture fiberglass?

Did you just seriously ask how you grow food without oil? OMG how in the hell did people live before we discovered oil?

Not very well. Fossil fuels have allowed the farming industry to industrialize. I suggest you look at the production rates pre, and post internal combustion engines.

Well of course, the production is going to be higher using combines and tractors, but just because those wouldn't be viable anymore doesn't mean we can't any longer grow food. It means that people will have to start growing their own food instead of depending on buying it from large farms. I'm not really sure why this idea is so hard to grasp. There are people RIGHT now living without any type of mechanical farming equipment, car, anything that uses oil... and they are living.

We will always be able to grow food. That's not the issue. the issue is efficiency. Oil won't be running out any time soon, and neither will coal. Technology will keep us going for quite a while. What annoys me is there are so many other, better uses for oil than using them to power our cars. I would love to see a broadcast energy system as envisioned by Tesla. That would be revolutionary, and environmentally friendly unlike the battery powered monstrosities we currently see.
Another really dumb ass 'Conservative' disses the present and future EV's. LOL

• 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_p90d_fq_oem_2_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_rq_oem_1_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_s_oem_1_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_i_oem_3_400.jpg
« prevnext »
2 of 50
View larger

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan Pricing & Features | Edmunds

Boy, would I ever love to have one of those 'monstrosities'. Tesla S, P100D

Tesla Model S - Car and Driver

Boasting up to 315 miles of range, the Model S is the all-electric dream car envied by many. Icing on the cake is Ludicrous mode that blasts the top P100D to 60 mph in a claimed 2.5 seconds. The lower-spec models offer reduced driving ranges and features, but the base 60 model we tested hit 60 mph in 5.5 seconds. Luxury items such as an air filter that Tesla says can protect occupants from bioweapons and pollutants—plus available high-tech features including Tesla’s Autopilot—seal the deal.

0 to legal limit acceleration that makes a GT-40 look like a lead sled.

Answer a false premise? Reply to a lie? Hell, do you even know the life of a Solar Panel? Solar Panels do not save, or prevent pollution, if they did, you would prove it, so you demand others to do what you can't. I have many threads here, that state how ineffective, how worthless, Solar is. Go ahead and prove what you contend, prove the point you made first. Show us how you can maintain Solar or Wind plants without Oil. Show us how you will pump water to simply clean solar panels, without another source of fuel. You make outrageous claims with zero proof. I can at the least dig up a bunch of threads I have created with tons of information.

You got a thread making your points? I will look for it, as far as in this thread, which is about Tesla Poweralls, you have shown that you can not add anything. Go ahead, dig up one of your threads that proves what you have stated. I will happily rip that apart. Here, I will just ridicule your nonsense.

An electric motor can do anything that a ICE can do. And, most of the time, do it better. As the energy density of batteries continues to increase, there will come a time when the ICE is relegated to the same role as the horse is today.

Sure it can. Let's see here, Isle of Man TT. The super bikes can do two laps at full speed then they have to stop for a refuel and more importantly a new rear tire (the real reason for the stop) while the electric class can make but a single lap. And that not nearly as fast as the super bikes. Hmmm. How about that Formula E class? Well lookey here, they do fewer laps than the Formula One cars, at a slower speed, and they have to stop and CHANGE CARS at the halfway point. Yeppers, they are so good you have to have two to perform not as well as a Formula One.

Or how about that solar powered airplane? Technology demonstrator I think they called it? Not really. It was far more of an endurance demonstrator. It took them months to traverse the world whereas a regular aircraft can do it in hours, and it was a highly dangerous flight for the pilots involved them not being able to sleep for over 5 days in a couple of instances.

That is what we call an epic fail dude.

Last edited:

Well of course, the production is going to be higher using combines and tractors, but just because those wouldn't be viable anymore doesn't mean we can't any longer grow food. It means that people will have to start growing their own food instead of depending on buying it from large farms. I'm not really sure why this idea is so hard to grasp. There are people RIGHT now living without any type of mechanical farming equipment, car, anything that uses oil... and they are living.

We will always be able to grow food. That's not the issue. the issue is efficiency. Oil won't be running out any time soon, and neither will coal. Technology will keep us going for quite a while. What annoys me is there are so many other, better uses for oil than using them to power our cars. I would love to see a broadcast energy system as envisioned by Tesla. That would be revolutionary, and environmentally friendly unlike the battery powered monstrosities we currently see.
Another really dumb ass 'Conservative' disses the present and future EV's. LOL

• 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_p90d_fq_oem_2_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_rq_oem_1_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_s_oem_1_400.jpg
  • 2016_tesla_model-s_sedan_90d_i_oem_3_400.jpg
« prevnext »
2 of 50
View larger

2016 Tesla Model S Sedan Pricing & Features | Edmunds

Boy, would I ever love to have one of those 'monstrosities'. Tesla S, P100D

Tesla Model S - Car and Driver

Boasting up to 315 miles of range, the Model S is the all-electric dream car envied by many. Icing on the cake is Ludicrous mode that blasts the top P100D to 60 mph in a claimed 2.5 seconds. The lower-spec models offer reduced driving ranges and features, but the base 60 model we tested hit 60 mph in 5.5 seconds. Luxury items such as an air filter that Tesla says can protect occupants from bioweapons and pollutants—plus available high-tech features including Tesla’s Autopilot—seal the deal.

0 to legal limit acceleration that makes a GT-40 look like a lead sled.

Wow. Really? You want to go there, sport? My GT will top out at 214 mph. How about the Tesla? I can drive it for over 500 miles on a single tank of gas, refuel in minutes and drive another 500 miles. How about that Tesla? My car is over 50 years old and worth well over 1.5 million bucks. How about that Tesla? What happens when the battery bricks? Oh yeah, it ain't worth dog poo. In fact it becomes a net liability. 0-60 times you say? How about 4.2 seconds, but that is in a car geared to do 200 miles per hour. If I wanted to change the gearing I can drop my 0-60 times to the same as the Tesla.

See how that works. My 50 year old car is worth more, has a better top speed, is more driveable for long distances, corners like a dream compared to that Tesla whale (yes I have driven one) and isn't a polluting monstrosity when the battery packs up.

One of the lies told by all the dumb ass 'Conservatives' here is that people like myself are trying to eliminate the use of oil completely. Nothing could be further from the truth. What we are trying to eliminate is the use of oil as a fuel. It will continue to be an industrial stock for the foreseeable future.

And, by the way, the guarantee on most PV panels is for them to retain 80% or more of their generation power for 20 to 25 years. Again, a minimal amount of research would have shown this to anyone that was honestly trying to assess the potential of home solar.

Oh this is so true. I don't know how many fucking times I've said over and over in thread after thread that I KNOW we aren't going to totally eliminate the use of coal and oil, but we can reduce the need to use it in some ways. Yet, some Conservatives always build that scare crow argument again and again. This isn't your planet, this isn't my planet, it's OUR planet, and it's the planet of future generations. Some people need to quit being so fucking selfish, and give up some of the unnecessary things in life so that others can have a future.

Oh this is so true. I don't know how many fucking times I've said over and over in thread after thread that I KNOW we aren't going to totally eliminate the use of coal and oil, but we can reduce the need to use it in some ways. Yet, some Conservatives always build that scare crow argument again and again. This isn't your planet, this isn't my planet, it's OUR planet, and it's the planet of future generations. Some people need to quit being so fucking selfish, and give up some of the unnecessary things in life so that others can have a future.

What do you consider to be "unnecessary". Just wonderin...

The need to drive a car 200 mph... when the speed limit is almost never over 70 mph. As one example.

No, dumb fuck, this thread is about a new technology that allows the homeowner to save a lot of money if he is In an area where the cost of electricity is high. Yes, the cost of the Powerwall is high in Australia, but so is the cost of electricity.

As for the accuracy of my posts, I post my sources, whereas all you do is post preposterous claims that you have pulled out of your ass.
Dickhead says what?

Lapdog liked you post, you must be right, ha, ha, ha.

LOL So now you claiming that it takes a different kind of electricity to charge a car than to power a home? LOL Then, for God's sake, how do they charge the Tesla S from plugin's in the houses? Elektra, old gal, you are getting more ludicrous every day.
No, I am stating what Tesla states, that if you use a Tesla Powerwall to power your house, even for 8 hours, your warranty is void. Why do you think they do that dumbass, void the warranty? Is it because you have literally destroyed the longevity of the battery? Or maybe the Tesla Powerwall is not designed for the continued amperage and extremely high amperage spikes that will occur powering a house? It as easy as PIE! So Old Crock, do you really think you know more than TESLA!

The need to drive a car 200 mph... when the speed limit is almost never over 70 mph. As one example.

What, you don't like racing? So in your perfect world there is no racing with the attendant technological improvements that then translate down to street cars. Is that what you're saying?

No, dumb fuck, this thread is about a new technology
Batteries are a new technology? Yea, I never heard of a battery? What is this magical thing that contains so little power? I wonder, is it "ever" "ready" to use? Will it last, is it a "dura" "cell", I hope it does not, "die" "hard". Who ever thought of this "new technology", was it Obama or was it Hillary?

What, you don't like racing? So in your perfect world there is no racing with the attendant technological improvements that then translate down to street cars. Is that what you're saying?

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today, but that doesn't mean it would totally disappear. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyways. I was making reference to your post about you have a 50 year old GT that can do 200 mph. Why do we need combustion engines that can go 200 mph when there is almost nowhere that you can legally drive that fast?

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today,
Technically, the idea of racing is based on competition, or, who comes first. You are proposing changing the rules, which means that your statement "teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules." Is contradictory to the comments in you statement? They will follow the same rules once you change the rules so that a car that could not compete under the old rules, can compete under the new rules? Talk about a post that is full of shit. Lewdog is just like a yelping yacking lapdog.

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today,
Technically, the idea of racing is based on competition, or, who comes first. You are proposing changing the rules, which means that your statement "teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules." Is contradictory to the comments in you statement? They will follow the same rules once you change the rules so that a car that could not compete under the old rules, can compete under the new rules? Talk about a post that is full of shit. Lewdog is just like a yelping yacking lapdog.

You obviously have never watched racing or you would understand what I am saying. Cars have to all meet specific requirements, making as even a playing field as possible, putting more onus on the driver's skill, and the strategy of the crew members.

I can see you've been defeated, as you have instead fallen into the idea of nothing substantial in your posts other than insults. Congrats.

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today, but that doesn't mean it would totally disappear. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyways. I was making reference to your post about you have a 50 year old GT that can do 200 mph. Why do we need combustion engines that can go 200 mph when there is almost nowhere that you can legally drive that fast?

You do realize that cycling through cars is incredibly wasteful. Right? As far as my car go's I can drive it once a year on the road up to Virginia City, and I used to race in the vintage race car series. But who cares, at what point do you feel that government should be in control of what we do to amuse ourselves?

Forum List

Back