Terry McAuliffe: Saying Critical Race Theory Exists Is ‘Racist’

Im saying what he said in the exact quote in the first line of the OP:

"Saying That Critical Race Theory Exists Is Racist", is racist.

The headline of the OP and the subsequent replies including your post expressed a distortion or misunderstanding of this quote by claiming that he was saying it was racist to say CRT exists. That quote certainly does not say that. He was saying that those calling CRT racist are using that narrative as a racist dogwhistle. Are you still not understanding this? Its literally right there
i’m going by the actually video and transcript…not the headline, you got to learn to go beyond the headline

Im saying what he said in the exact quote in the first line of the OP:

The headline of the OP and the subsequent replies including your post expressed a distortion or misunderstanding of this quote by claiming that he was saying it was racist to say CRT exists. That quote certainly does not say that. He was saying that those calling CRT racist are using that narrative as a racist dogwhistle. Are you still not understanding this? Its literally right there
McAuliffe is an extremist hack. This goes back a long time. He really does not believe in what he promotes. He believes in power. Whether in front as a politician or behind the scenes. We avoided people like this from total control unlike other nation in history. But now all is in the open. And the peasants like in most part of the Western Hemisphere and the world are voting for it. Our death is slower because we were the richest in the world at one point , our location and we still have weapons.

McAuliffe has a terrible attitude. He's a know it all bigot who is admitting he has no intention of honoring the peoples will. Anyone who votes for this asshole is a masochist.

McAuliffe has a terrible attitude. He's a know it all bigot who is admitting he has no intention of honoring the peoples will. Anyone who votes for this asshole is a masochist.
Agree. Any white person who votes for him is a self-loathing idiot who wants to brainwash schoolchildren to believe that all whites are inherently racist due to innate flaws, for teachers to learn how to deal with their awful ”whiteness,” and for parents who object to be treated like common criminals.

i’m going by the actually video and transcript…not the headline, you got to learn to go beyond the headline
My whole point is that the headline is fake news. What exactly do you think Terry was saying?! The OP had a Quote that y’all are distorting. The video shows Terry saying that when people go after CRT they are using it as a racist dog whistle. Why are y’all so confused by this?

McAuliffe is an extremist hack. This goes back a long time. He really does not believe in what he promotes. He believes in power. Whether in front as a politician or behind the scenes. We avoided people like this from total control unlike other nation in history. But now all is in the open. And the peasants like in most part of the Western Hemisphere and the world are voting for it. Our death is slower because we were the richest in the world at one point , our location and we still have weapons.
I couldn’t care less about McAuliffe… I talking about tards distorting quotes in this thread

As I suspected your claims completely lack understanding and context. You are taking one line from a debate where they were discussing a bill that Terry vetoed in 2016 regarding Books that students read in school. You're taking a specific situation and making it sound like it is a universal policy that he was promoting.

My whole point is that the headline is fake news. What exactly do you think Terry was saying?! The OP had a Quote that y’all are distorting. The video shows Terry saying that when people go after CRT they are using it as a racist dog whistle. Why are y’all so confused by this?

Kind of like when Trump referred to some of the illegals crossing the border as murderers and rapists and the Democrats and the media ran with the narrative that he was characterizing all Mexicans that way, right?

Funny how that works, isn't it.

Kind of like when Trump referred to some of the illegals crossing the border as murderers and rapists and the Democrats and the media ran with the narrative that he was characterizing all Mexicans that way, right?

Funny how that works, isn't it.
Yes exactly like that… I called those out who distorted trumps lines as well. Same thing happened with charolettesville

headlines aren’t always great…reading it, especially if there is a video, and then a follow up transcript it helps

certainly sounds like he was calling it racist

CRT it appears from his comments
Ok so think about this for a second. You think Terry, a left wing politician is calling Critical race theory a racist thing?! That’s the right wing narrative. Why would he do that? Think about it. You’re not accurately understanding what he is saying. I’ve been trying to explain it to you but you don’t seem to be listening

Ok so think about this for a second. You think Terry, a left wing politician is calling Critical race theory a racist thing?! That’s the right wing narrative. Why would he do that? Think about it. You’re not accurately understanding what he is saying. I’ve been trying to explain it to you but you don’t seem to be listening
yes i think he is. i think he’s suggesting it’s nothing at all, doesn’t exist and discussing the issue is racist.

yes i think he is. i think he’s suggesting it’s nothing at all, doesn’t exist and discussing the issue is racist.
Haha, ok fine, you go with that one. It obviously exists the 1619 project which obviously exists is based on it… people are complaining that CRT is racist because it make the case that America’s institutions were inners you racist and it paints out how whites have benefited from this structure. Those claims calling it racist is what Terry is calling a dog whistle

Haha, ok fine, you go with that one. It obviously exists the 1619 project which obviously exists is based on it… people are complaining that CRT is racist because it make the case that America’s institutions were inners you racist and it paints out how whites have benefited from this structure. Those claims calling it racist is what Terry is calling a dog whistle
That's not what Terry said at all....and I don't know of anyone complaining about it being "racist" - just that as a Law School level theory it's not something that should be taught to 6 year olds.

Terry, is quite clear in the transcript provided from another interview claiming it doesn't exist at all.

That's not what Terry said at all....and I don't know of anyone complaining about it being "racist" - just that as a Law School level theory it's not something that should be taught to 6 year olds.

Terry, is quite clear in the transcript provided from another interview claiming it doesn't exist at all.
You’re not following this issue very closely are you? Right wingers are fighting against CRT because they say it’s racist. They say concepts like white privilege and institutional racism are attempts to spread white guilt and divide us. They are saying that it is racist against whites. This and accusations that this theory is being taught in his schools are what Terry was calling a dog whistle. You need to look at more than a 5 second clip and understand what the conversation is about.

The thing that he has claimed is made up about CRT is that it is being taught in his schools. He is saying that it is not an element in their schools curriculum. He not denying that CRT exists

You’re not following this issue very closely are you? Right wingers are fighting against CRT because they say it’s racist. They say concepts like white privilege and institutional racism are attempts to spread white guilt and divide us. They are saying that it is racist against whites. This and accusations that this theory is being taught in his schools are what Terry was calling a dog whistle. You need to look at more than a 5 second clip and understand what the conversation is about.

The thing that he has claimed is made up about CRT is that it is being taught in his schools. He is saying that it is not an element in their schools curriculum. He not denying that CRT exists
I am following the issue…i highlighted the issue

it is racist however to teach young children they are bad because they are white. it is also racist to teach that race somehow matters in today’s society. It shouldn’t, snd the best way to ensure it doesn’t is to teach 5 and 6 years old that

with that said…Terry‘a comments speak for themselves. He called CRT racist, and refused to define it

I am following the issue…i highlighted the issue

it is racist however to teach young children they are bad because they are white. it is also racist to teach that race somehow matters in today’s society. It shouldn’t, snd the best way to ensure it doesn’t is to teach 5 and 6 years old that

with that said…Terry‘a comments speak for themselves. He called CRT racist, and refused to define it
There you go… what you just said about CRT is what Terry is calling racist. If what you said in your second paragraph was true then Terry would be saying the same thing as you and you two would be in agreement. Is that what you think? You and Terry are in agreement about CRT?

And I say;

God help us if McAwful steals the election.

If it does not even exist then why are they so freaked out about it being banned from the schools? They actually screwed up last year. When they shut the schools down and forced the kids to attend from home it gave way too many parents a chance to look over their kids shoulders and see exactly what they were teaching kids today and it rightly freaked out a LOT of parents. As seen by the recent school board meetings where parents are showing up in large numbers with big concerns.

News from today...

Document reveals McAuliffe admin pushed Va. schools to 'embrace' critical race theory

WASHINGTON (TND) — A leaked document (<- linked here) appears to show the Virginia Department of Education encouraged public schools to "embrace" critical race theory (CRT) while Democrat Terry McAuliffe was governor.

McAuliffe, who is running for Virginia governor again this year, recently claimed critical race theory has "never been taught in Virginia," and criticized those concerned about critical race theory for promoting a divisive "dog-whistle."

The leaked document is a 2015 training program issued by the Virginia Department of Education.

As part of the program's “Culturally-Responsive Teaching and Learning Principles," public schools were encouraged to "embrace critical race theory," and "engage in race-conscious teaching and learning," according to the leaked presentation first reported by investigative journalist Christopher Rufo.

In addition, Va. Superintendent of Public Instruction James F. Lane sent a memo to all school districts in 2019 encouraging school leaders to read a book that calls critical race theory "an important analytic tool" for addressing "power and privilege."

News from today...

Document reveals McAuliffe admin pushed Va. schools to 'embrace' critical race theory

WASHINGTON (TND) — A leaked document (<- linked here) appears to show the Virginia Department of Education encouraged public schools to "embrace" critical race theory (CRT) while Democrat Terry McAuliffe was governor.

McAuliffe, who is running for Virginia governor again this year, recently claimed critical race theory has "never been taught in Virginia," and criticized those concerned about critical race theory for promoting a divisive "dog-whistle."

The leaked document is a 2015 training program issued by the Virginia Department of Education.

As part of the program's “Culturally-Responsive Teaching and Learning Principles," public schools were encouraged to "embrace critical race theory," and "engage in race-conscious teaching and learning," according to the leaked presentation first reported by investigative journalist Christopher Rufo.

In addition, Va. Superintendent of Public Instruction James F. Lane sent a memo to all school districts in 2019 encouraging school leaders to read a book that calls critical race theory "an important analytic tool" for addressing "power and privilege."

I have family in Virginia....and I'm hopeful of a Youngkin victory.

Forum List

Back