Terminally ill 29 yo mom denied treatment coverage — but gets suicide drug approved

Aren't liberals special assholes. And the premium s are going up so she can get zero care. Yep! That is a special kind of asshole.

denied treatment by the Insurance's Drug plan....not by the Doctor....

and that is just horrible! :(

it is an interesting ethical question. with medical care a finite resource do we have an obligation to prolong the life of every individual for as long as possible or do we need to take a more utilitarian approach and use the resources to provide the most benefit overall, which might mean the terminally ill or very old receive less care

it is an interesting ethical question. with medical care a finite resource do we have an obligation to prolong the life of every individual for as long as possible or do we need to take a more utilitarian approach and use the resources to provide the most benefit overall, which might mean the terminally ill or very old receive less care
Spoken like a true Hitler boy.

Ahhhh yes the ever popular "utilitarian" approach to government. So, tell me. Is it OK to allow a mob to murder one person in the hope that no one else will be killed?

Ahhhh yes the ever popular "utilitarian" approach to government. So, tell me. Is it OK to allow a mob to murder one person in the hope that no one else will be killed?
i would say not.

but if you have two patients needing an immediate heart transplant, one 90 and one 15, and one heart compatible with both, who gets it?

that answer seems obvious enough, but somewhere there is a decision that will be much tougher - so where do we draw the line?

So, will obamacare kick in? I thought treatment was not allowed to be denied?
Round up those Christians and use their wealth for the good of the State! ZEIG HEIL!
you've gone off the deep end.

are you willing to admit that this decision to deny the different chemo drug is coming out of the for-profit insurance company?

i would say not.

but if you have two patients needing an immediate heart transplant, one 90 and one 15, and one heart compatible with both, who gets it?

that answer seems obvious enough, but somewhere there is a decision that will be much tougher - so where do we draw the line?
How did you arrive at that analogy from the story? You went off into the weeds to find a strawman.

She got drugs finally...

Health Insurance was not to be denied to those with pre-existing conditions...

Sadly, the Insurance companies still make all the decisions on what they will cover in situations like this, as they ALWAYS have done...

Round up those Christians and use their wealth for the good of the State! ZEIG HEIL!

are you willing to admit that this decision to deny the different chemo drug is coming out of the for-profit insurance company?
I don't know of any non-profit insurance companies or how they could supply superior care. What does her contract say though?

We all know the government will provide her healthcare, just ask the thousands of dead Vets who got turned away by the VA.

i would say not.

How did you arrive at that analogy from the story? You went off into the weeds to find a strawman.
no, i'm just illustrating that at a certain point we recognize a utilitarian argument as ethically correct in health care decisions.

so where is that point?

She got drugs finally...

Sadly, the Insurance companies still make all the decisions on what they will cover, as they ALWAYS have done...
Wrong. Contracts are two sided, HOWEVER, thanks to liberals some states will be down to ONE choice. Less choice means less options, correct?

i would say not.

no, i'm just illustrating that at a certain point we recognize a utilitarian argument as ethically correct in health care decisions.

so where is that point?
Let everyone over 40 die, that would be economical.

She got drugs finally...

it wasn't
Sadly, the Insurance companies still make all the decisions on what they will cover in situations like this, as they ALWAYS have done...
agreed

She got drugs finally...

it wasn't
agreed
Obamacare passed and this is the result - death panels.

Forum List

Back