Tennessee Republicans have introduced a bill to legalize child marriage by eliminating age requirements. don't be surprised if Matt Gaetz moves there!

The state should not recognizes couples as married unless they ask the state to do so. It is not the job of the state to says "you two are married whether you like it or not".

Is there anything you do not thing Big Government should be allowed to do?
Then don't act married. Don’t Refer to each other as husband and wife, don't own property jointly as husband and wife, don't have joint bank accounts. Don't invite the state into your relationship. The state is merely agreeing with you. Or, just live in a state that doesn't recognize common law marriage at all.

Then don't act married. Don’t Refer to each other as husband and wife, don't own property jointly as husband and wife, don't have joint bank accounts. Don't invite the state into your relationship. The state is merely agreeing with you. Or, just live in a state that doesn't recognize common law marriage at all.

None of those things invite the state into your life. Non married people can own property jointly and have joint bank accounts. One does not need to be married for either of those things.

What a couple calls each other is no business of the state.

How about the state keep their damn nose out of things that are none of their business?

None of those things invite the state into your life. Non married people can own property jointly and have joint bank accounts. One does not need to be married for either of those things.

What a couple calls each other is no business of the state.

How about the state keep their damn nose out of things that are none of their business?
If you elect to hold property as husband and wife in common law state, the state will agree with you. This only becomes an issue when something happens, a split up, death. I had a bankruptcy go haywire when an elderly couple that had considered themselves married for 50 years found that California would not recognize the relationship.

If you elect to hold property as husband and wife in common law state, the state will agree with you.

They are not electing to hold property as husband and wife, they are electing to hold property as two people whom are not married.

They are not electing to hold property as husband and wife, they are electing to hold property as two people whom are not married.
No problem. The state won't force two unmarried people who want to hold property jointly to marry. Even in states that recognize common law marriage. Say you and your girlfriend want to buy a house and hold title jointly, title would be: Golfing Gator, a single man as his sole and separate property jointly with Tennis Thelma a single woman as her sole and separate property. Blah blah. Joint bank account would be Golfing Gator and/ or Tennis Thelma. If Tennis Thelma starts using the name Tennis Gator, asks people to call her Mrs. Gator and the two of you file income taxes as Mr and Mrs Gator and you do it for years, however many years the statute says in a common law state. You will be married.

I was curious to see how long one of you could restrain from talking about the money grab. Took longer than expected to honest. But there it is…

Tennessee Republican pushes bill to allow CHILD MARRIAGE that would scrap the state's current minimum age of 17 before couple's could tie the knot

277752806_354941040001407_8749073032652227818_n.jpg

Kinda makes sense… Older men have wised up to the racket, and as a result both marriage rates, and birth rates are in steep decline. Gotta keep that money flowing; so… dupe those too young to know better…

So, all this bill does is give an alternative form of marriage for those pastors and other individuals who have a conscientious objection to the current pathway to marriage in our law,' the Republican said, according to WJHL. 'There is not an explicit age limit.'

that sounds like gibberish to me

I doubt if it has any co-sponsors or reaches the floor for a vote

I'm not sure what the reason or purpose of this is but I think Gaetz has just figured out how stop white liberals from advocating for whatever craziness comes down the pike ...ya just beat them to it...
... if this had been a left wing anybody/anything saying that/this we'd be hearing about how smart and brave they are [ after it came out of the TV first of course]

Forum List

Back