Debate Now Tell Me Something

You don't even know what I'm talking about.
smh

Just put the moron on ignore and Lord forgive me for my language (and you as well) but he's an immature idiot and that's what our magic ignore buttons are for. :rolleyes:
I prefer to win my arguments and resort to the fewest fallacies and don't put anyone on ignore. Right-wingers are simply morally challenged and should not be taken morally seriously in those threads.

smh

Just put the moron on ignore and Lord forgive me for my language (and you as well) but he's an immature idiot and that's what our magic ignore buttons are for. :rolleyes:
You want a bridle for that tongue?
LOL
I left a letter in hangman. Who's in charge of filling it in?
tick tock tick tock
lol
Hugs

LOL
tick tock tick tock
lol
Hugs

Not me and it's not my turn,.. and I already know that you have a tongue as well as I've seen it remember? Lol the only reason why I use it here is here I can get away with it. ;)

smh

I prefer to win my arguments and resort to the fewest fallacies and don't put anyone on ignore. Right-wingers are simply morally challenged and should not be taken morally seriously in those threads.
Daniel son,
Focus,
Learn..

LOL
tick tock tick tock
lol
Hugs

Not me and it's not my turn,.. and I already know that you have a tongue as well as I've seen it remember? Lol the only reason why I use it here is here I can get away with it. ;)
SMH

oh right, what did i say.. I was pissed off.. LOL
You should hear my trucking words..
I don't use them anymore though.
At least I try REALLY hard not to.
:)
Hugs

LOL
tick tock tick tock
lol
Hugs

And YOU was going to get me banned for it too.. LOL
that's funny

Forgiveness is :

mor•al

Of or concerned with the judgment of right or wrong of human action and character.
Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior.
Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous.

Focus,
Learn.​

Hugs

I try really hard to as well,.. but it's kind of hard to do that when somebody is constantly giving me bullshit. How Jesus managed to deal with it and keep His cool I'll never know. Anyways, Karate Kid,.. that's a great movie. :D

that's funny

All in the past now,.. hopefully that is.

Hugs

I try really hard to as well,.. but it's kind of hard to do that when somebody is constantly giving me bullshit. How Jesus managed to deal with it and keep His cool I'll never know. Anyways, Karate Kid,.. that's a great movie. :D

that's funny

All in the past now,.. hopefully that is.
That wasn't meant for you. That was meant for the one questioning morality in others.
Of course all is forgiven. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

I FOUND ONE!!

She's not in the military. And they should be saluting her.

Incorrect ... She is not in a position of Command, and won't be unless she becomes President.
Soldiers are not required to salute the Vice President.
They can salute her as a gesture of respect, but it is not required.

When President Biden was reminded to salute the troops, it was a reminder to return the salute the soldiers are required to give.
The President is technically not saluting them.

The return salute is not required from the President, although they often do because it allows the soldier to return to their duties.
If the President doesn't return the salute, the solider will remain "At Attention" and saluting until the Commander in Chief has passed a certain distance.

Should the President be thoughtless, fail to return the salute, or acknowledge the solider, and have a conversation with someone else standing in front of the soldier,
they will remain "At Attention" and saluting until another Senior Commanding Officer comes along
and gives the Verbal Command of "At Ease" or "As You Were".

The President can also use the same Verbal Commands to allow the soldier to return to their duties, without saluting.
The President could also do something as simple as nod in the direction of the soldier,
and then the soldier would then be at their own discretion as to whether or not that allowed them to return to their duties.

Last edited:

Incorrect ... She is not in a position of Command, and won't be unless she becomes President.
Soldiers are not required to salute the Vice President.
They can salute her as a gesture of respect, but it is not required.

When President Biden was reminded to salute the troops, it was a reminder to return the salute the soldiers are required to give.
The President is technically not saluting them.

The return salute is not required from the President, although they often do because it allows the soldier to return to their duties.
If the President doesn't return the salute, the solider will remain "At Attention" and saluting until the Commander in Chief has passed a certain distance.

Should the President be thoughtless, fail to return the salute, or acknowledge the solider, and have a conversation with someone else standing in front of the soldier,
they will remain "At Attention" and saluting until another Senior Commanding Officer comes along
and gives the Verbal Command of "At Ease" or "As You Were".

The President can also use the same Verbal Commands to allow the soldier to return to their duties, without saluting.
The President could also do something as simple as nod in the direction of the soldier,
and then the soldier would then be at their own discretion as to whether or not that allowed them to return to their duties.

Okay, but if she still chooses not to salute the military does it still make it right?

Okay, but if she still chooses not to salute the military does it still make it right?

Depends on what you mean by "Does it make it right".
"Right" by what standard?

For instance, Vice President Harris is not the Commander in Chief, nor is she in the military's chain of command.
Soldiers are not required to salute her at all, although they may choose to as a simple gesture.

Plus ... The President is not required to return a salute.
The salute is the military decorum and protocol recognizing the authority of the chain of command.
The soldiers do what they do because it is required of them.

What I described in the post you quoted, is why they salute, and how they determine when to stop saluting, and return to their duties.
If the President (required), or Vice President (courtesy) is given a salute, they are not expected to return it, and that isn't why the soldier is saluting them.
However ... If the President does return the salute, or acknowledges the soldier, the soldier can return to their duty more quickly.

If I were President I would return the salute when possible, or at least acknowledge the soldier with a nod if pressed for time.
That way, the soldier would be free to carry on with their duties.
That is not a requirement, but what I think would be the "right" thing to do (proper).

Last edited:
I just think that it should be common courtesy and a sign of respect.

Well, Courteous yes ... True Respect is earned, cannot be demanded, and Honor is a gift you give to yourself.

In any case ... I simply clarified the requirements, and what the "exercise" means to the soldier.
It can have more meaning than the basic appearance, but that meaning is felt, or personal, and not strictly the practice.

Okay, but all of the people in uniform have automatically earned my respect.

Forum List

Back