Teen suspended for wearing flag t-shirt to school.

Student punished for American flag shirt

The school district has said the shirt is legit and why the fuck is a principal harassing a kid that had a hoodie on and the shirt couldn't be seen. Hell I bet a lawsuit would toss that STUPID dress code out as well.

Most schools have a list of clothing that is permitted or banned during the school year. Printed t-shirts of all types are usually not permitted, unless it has the school crest or mascot on it.
Some school have even gone to uniforms so there is a conformity to dress codes.

Off campus they can wear what they want

The school district has said the shirt is legit and why the fuck is a principal harassing a kid that had a hoodie on and the shirt couldn't be seen. Hell I bet a lawsuit would toss that STUPID dress code out as well.

Most schools have a list of clothing that is permitted or banned during the school year. Printed t-shirts of all types are usually not permitted, unless it has the school crest or mascot on it.

Its the US. He was wearing an American flag. There is NO PROBLEM except where an idiot with power wanted to create one.

Now, now...we don't want to offend the 'BlackLivesMatter' org, Liberals, Islamic Extremists, or anyone else who hates this country or is easily offended..... lol

In-school suspension, not on his record, and it's In Loco Parentis. They have every right to enforce a dress code, even if they went too far this time. Stop whining like a schoolgirl every time a mistake is made, little Hitler.

Now, now...we don't want to offend the 'BlackLivesMatter' org, Liberals, Islamic Extremists, or anyone else who hates this country or is easily offended..... lol
Actually they were doing their job, but not well in this, enforcing the dress code. Solid colored shirts for the most part.

In-school suspension, not on his record, and it's In Loco Parentis. They have every right to enforce a dress code, even if they went too far this time. Stop whining like a schoolgirl every time a mistake is made, little Hitler.

Its the US. He was wearing an American flag. There is NO PROBLEM except where an idiot with power wanted to create one.

If the school has a dress code and does not want printed shirts, why should one student buck the system? Instead of letting kids wear their own clothes within the rules it will for the school to demand uniforms.

My son was a horror. He would walk out the door all tucked in and by the time he walked the two block to school his belt was off his shirt hanging loose, he had a wrong color t-shirt on underneath, his shoe laces were loose. I was constantly having to go to the school.
Now he is in the military and always dress to code. His choice.

Kids try to push the system, but they have to learn there is point beyond which not to push. You have work with other not always alone against everyone.

If the school does not want tshirts with print, shirts in a solid color, it should include the flag. School have dress codes to ensure conformity not for student to stand out or compete with each other or to test to see how far they can push the school system.

This is not a new issue and courts in other state have upheld the ban on flag shirts.

The boy was on an in school suspension. Perhaps the boy should have turned his shirt inside out and put his jack back on. There were compromises both the school and the student could have agreed to for the day.

To me, whoever came up with such a rule about what the kids can and can't wear should learn how to focus on what is more important which in my opinion is the safety of those who do come to school. So a boy came to school with the American flag on his shirt. When did that become a detriment to his well being or anyone else's?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back