Ted Kennedy dies.

that is so. i stand by my statement. madison could distinguish between pure democracy and a representative democracy, as could hamilton and paine, and me. not you. no wonder you see revisionists everywhere.

And what was his overriding statement?

We are probably a _____________________________.

I put the same question to YOU as I did Bodecca. Can you answer it? As of now? Your responses thusfar would point negative, and peg you as a revisionist.

i wonder where you get your cockiness, failmaster. this is not a quiz where you can dream up questions someone has to answer. especially questions which deflect from your initial pompous bloviating about not a "representative democracy but a representative republic". punt, my ass.

Because the questions ARE things that you should HAVE been taught in BASIC CIVICS about your own form of Governance.

I did not make this stuff up.

My advice to you is to Educate yourself, or rather in YOUR case? Deprogram.

It is everywhere. Take OFF your partisan blinders, and join the rest of us individuals who know different, and know the truth of what the Founders gave us. Your Revisionist spew notwithstanding, and summarily being laughable, and ignored.

I don't think anyone who knows what they are talking about wants a direct democracy.

I don't either that is why I said they "think" that is what they would like.

Pure democracy would mean that the large cities would basically get everything they want and the farmers, who feed this nation would be left out in the cold. Those who think for themselves do not want mob rule.

Immie

And, on top of that, logistically it would be impossible. Can you imagine going to the polls every single day, to vote on every single issue that comes up? That's the way a direct democracy works - everyone votes on everything.

I'm going to be sick!

Can you think of the campaigning we'd be forced to endure?

Immie

And what was his overriding statement?

We are probably a _____________________________.

I put the same question to YOU as I did Bodecca. Can you answer it? As of now? Your responses thusfar would point negative, and peg you as a revisionist.

i wonder where you get your cockiness, failmaster. this is not a quiz where you can dream up questions someone has to answer. especially questions which deflect from your initial pompous bloviating about not a "representative democracy but a representative republic". punt, my ass.

Because the questions ARE things that you should HAVE been taught in BASIC CIVICS about your own form of Governance.

It is everywhere. Take OFF your partisan blinders, and join the rest of us individuals who know different, and know the truth of what the Founders gave us. Your Revisionist spew notwithstanding, and summarily being laughable, and ignored.

wow. :lol:

you are a caricature. rock on!

I don't think anyone who knows what they are talking about wants a direct democracy.

Pure democracy would mean that the large cities would basically get everything they want and the farmers, who feed this nation would be left out in the cold. Those who think for themselves do not want mob rule.

Immie

And, on top of that, logistically it would be impossible. Can you imagine going to the polls every single day, to vote on every single issue that comes up? That's the way a direct democracy works - everyone votes on everything.

Apparently the Messiah, thinks that's HOW it works...He hasn't left his campaign mode at the door when sworn in.:eek::eusa_whistle:

If you mean A caricature, of someone who knows, and endorses what his forefathers gave to him by their blood, their sweat, their very tears, by their endeavour to give me LIBERTY, and knows what it means as to my individualism, as it relates to my life, and that of my family as we chart our course for our lives, by our individual standard of OUR choosing?

Then Colour my ass GUILTY AS CHARGED!

it is difficult if you want to demonize the "democracy" part and lionize the "republic" part. i wonder why anyone would do that.

I'm a direct democrat and support abolition of the state; I oppose republicanism and other forms of "indirect democracy." Why would you wonder?

Fine. But to outright call this an outright "Democracy", is incorrect. A true Democracy is nothing other than pure MOB RULE. We are not that...albiet many incorrectly understand the distinction, and are taught incorrectly.

Republicanism is a variant of democracy. It's not one that I favor or consider to be as legitimate in nature as direct democracy, but it's a form of indirect democracy nonetheless. All forms of democracy can revert to "mob rule" to some extent or another, but there are sound reasons for believing that participatory direct democracy would not be plagued by as many deficiencies as currently exist, for instance.

Immie

Apparently the Messiah, thinks that's HOW it works...He hasn't left his campaign mode at the door when sworn in.:eek::eusa_whistle:

Apparently so do all the Cons who keep bitching about approval numbers and Rep. Massa's recent comments.

Considering he didn't spit out his usual "you're a stupid moron" yeah, I guess you could say it's a step up to "eloquence."

:lol:

Be that as it is, he remains correct.
For some bizarre reason, you think the 17th Amendment is up for review or a groundswell of repeal is building or...something.

Good luck with that one buddy!

LOL.

It's a Noble concept. And one I don't think ill-equipped, Liberally trained people would understand under a Statist viewpoint.

You are free to take the quiz that I left for Bodecca, that she has YET to answer .

If you mean A caricature, of someone who knows, and endorses what his forefathers gave to him by their blood, their sweat, their very tears, by their endeavour to give me LIBERTY, and knows what it means as to my individualism, as it relates to my life, and that of my family as we chart our course for our lives, by our individual standard of OUR choosing?

Then Colour my ass GUILTY AS CHARGED!

how dramatic, relax, i am not here to take away your freedoms.

For some bizarre reason, you think the 17th Amendment is up for review or a groundswell of repeal is building or...something.

LOL.

there is something..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
I guess.

"Section 1. No person shall be a Senator from a State unless such person has been elected by the people thereof."

OoooooOOOkay.

Apparently so do all the Cons who keep bitching about approval numbers and Rep. Massa's recent comments.

Elaborate, and stop giving vague references.

LOL.

It's a Noble concept. And one I don't think ill-equipped, Liberally trained people would understand under a Statist viewpoint.

You are free to take the quiz that I left for Bodecca, that she has YET to answer .
You're engaging in mental masturbation and asking for folks to join you.

No thanks.

LOL.

there is something..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
I guess.

"Section 1. No person shall be a Senator from a State unless such person has been elected by the people thereof."

OoooooOOOkay.

that is targeted against the governors ability to appoint a senator. just for the record, it would be even more direct democracy :eek:

Considering he didn't spit out his usual "you're a stupid moron" yeah, I guess you could say it's a step up to "eloquence."

:lol:

LOL.
except, that isnt what he said at all
he said it should be repealed, and it SHOULD

just as prohibition should have been and was

Forum List

Back