Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

-------------------------------------
I just knew it would come up soon.
How come none of these people who claim that Obergefell and Roe were wrongly decided have the guts to say that Loving was wrongly decided?

No you are also wrong. Not everyone goes to Heaven. G-d is also Holy and righteous. He cannot allow sin in His presence at all. Now either we pay for our sin debt with our souls, or Christ pays that debt in our place.

Christ begged God to forgive those who were nailing Him to the cross ... are you suggesting God didn't? ...

I didn't mention Heaven ... we pray that God will make things on Earth as they are in Heaven ... maybe sometimes they are ...

How come none of these people who claim that Obergefell and Roe were wrongly decided have the guts to say that Loving was wrongly decided?

If you think that being black is the same as being a homosexual, you ought to drive up to a street corner in a ghetto near your domicile and share that information with the local gangstas. I bet they'd be interested in your theorem.

Christ begged God to forgive those who were nailing Him to the cross ... are you suggesting God didn't? ...

I didn't mention Heaven ... we pray that God will make things on Earth as they are in Heaven ... maybe sometimes they are ...
This world will be destroyed through man's sin and G-d's wrath. Revelation 21 and 22 speak of the NEW world without sin.

Well, you DO realize that he has to be right! For the same reasons that the fed hasn't the constitutional authority to declare abortion laws are a federal decision for all of the states, likewise, the fed hasn't the constitutional authority to declare marriage laws either for all of the states! It isn't in the Constitution! And anything not laid out as a federal responsibility in the Constitution falls to the states.

Not that anyone is banning gay unions, just that it really should be each state's own decision under THEIR control.

If you think that being black is the same as being a homosexual, you ought to drive up to a street corner in a ghetto near your domicile and share that information with the local gangstas. I bet they'd be interested in your theorem.
I did not say that they are the same, Fool! The point is that both were decided on the same constitutional principles.

Another shit decision that should have been left to the states or at least legislated in congress.

Then again Cruz is a putz for even bringing it up.....Red meat for the dems.
He only says what you say. Sounds like you are calling yourself a putz.

Wrong.

If Obergefell was wrongly decided, then so was Loving – if the states have the authority to deny same sex-couples access to state marriage law then the states likewise have the authority to deny interracial couples access to state marriage law.

Both Loving and Obergefell are the progeny of the same 14th Amendment jurisprudence, of the right to substantive due process, as incorporated to the states, where the states cannot deny American citizens residing in the states the right to equal protect of the law (such as access to marriage law) and due process of the law because of race or sexual orientation.

Conservatives are cowards, of course – they shy away from advocating Loving be overturned because of its racist implications; as bigots, naturally, conservatives have no problem with the states discriminating against same-sex couples.

-------------------------------------
I don’t often disagree with Ted Cruz. But in this issue, I do.

Try though I have, I have never seen a single logical basis to justify the government sticking it’s head into the issue of which fully consenting adult person any other fully consenting adult person can marry.

I don’t often disagree with Ted Cruz. But in this issue, I do.

Try though I have, I have never seen a single logical basis to justify the government sticking it’s head into the issue of which fully consenting adult person any other fully consenting adult person can marry.
Because you are neither a religious nutball or a person pandering to religious nuyballs for their votes.

Ted Cruz probably doesn't even agree with Ted Cruz.

Because you are neither a religious nutball or a person pandering to religious nuyballs for their votes.

Ted Cruz probably doesn't even agree with Ted Cruz.
I realize that part of the analysis of folks who disagree with my view may be grounded in religion. That doesn’t make them religious nutballs.

But I also see that it can be a difficult issue wherein there does exist some entanglement of religious beliefs into the public policy concerns.

Forum List

Back