Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Of course he did.

Like others on the right Cruz is a hateful bigot.

Not at all. Cruz is a proud hispanic who oozes with machismo and just doesn't approve of this behavior that people choose to do.

No, it isn't "bigotry", people don't choose to be black or latino, Equating sodomy with being black will get you punched in the face around here. Tell that opinion to a group of black guys hanging on the corner drinking malt liquor and smoking newports and see what happens.

as usual you libtardians misquote and take words out of context. What he said was that the issue of gay marriage is NOT a federal constitutional issue and as such should be decided by the voters in each state. That is all he said, that is all justice Thomas said on this.

If you libs would stop lying we might be able to get something done in this country.
It won’t stop with Roe and Obergefell Lawrence and Romer will be next.

In fact, it’s part of a conservative effort to not just allow discrimination against gay Americans but to destroy the doctrine of substantive due process codified by the 14th Amendment altogether, allowing the states to ignore the Bill of Rights.

The states will be at liberty to discriminate against and disadvantage religious minorities, ethnic minorities, racial minorities and immigrants – it’s a neo-fascist authoritarian rightwing dream come true.

LOL, more uninformed ignorance. Muslims toss gays off or rooftops. yes, rabbis and many christian pastors accept that gays are children of God, but they do not condone their actions or lifestyles.

That's ISIS not Muslims. Don't you know the difference?

Not at all. Cruz is a proud hispanic who oozes with machismo and just doesn't approve of this behavior that people choose to do.

No, it isn't "bigotry", people don't choose to be black or latino, Equating sodomy with being black will get you punched in the face around here. Tell that opinion to a group of black guys hanging on the corner drinking malt liquor and smoking newports and see what happens.

Machismo? Cruz is so ugly. I don't see him as masculine at all.

quote from the 14th where it mentions gay marriage or abortion, show me those words in the 14th amendment and I will concede that you are right.

"... nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" ...

Case 1] I'm a biological man and my wife is a biological woman ... she withdraws all the money from the bank and runs off ... the courts will give me a judgement against her for half the money and I can garnish her wages ...

Case 2] I'm a biological man and my shack-up honey is also biological man ... he withdraws all the money from the bank and runs off ... the courts can do nothing ... I'm shit out of luck ...

Helpful to your understanding would be to re-read the judgement issued in the Brown vs. Board of Education case ... separate is NOT equal ... therefore the courts must judge these two cases WITHOUT regard to biological sex ... if we're to have "marriage" available, it must be available to ALL ...

Ultimately this is about whether marriage is an individual right or a government right ... not sure we want to live in a place where abortion is a government right ... they tried that in China and, well, it did work, but it was expensive to civil liberties ...

Thank GOD for a separation of Church and State
This activist Court is going to eliminate that as well.

Expect the Court to abandon decades of settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence codifying the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Government endorsement of religion will be allowed, mandatory Christian prayer will be returned to public schools, government venues will be allowed to display and promote Christian dogma.

"... nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" ...

Case 1] I'm a biological man and my wife is a biological woman ... she withdraws all the money from the bank and runs off ... the courts will give me a judgement against her for half the money and I can garnish her wages ...

Case 2] I'm a biological man and my shack-up honey is also biological man ... he withdraws all the money from the bank and runs off ... the courts can do nothing ... I'm shit out of luck ...

Helpful to your understanding would be to re-read the judgement issued in the Brown vs. Board of Education case ... separate is NOT equal ... therefore the courts must judge these two cases WITHOUT regard to biological sex ... if we're to have "marriage" available, it must be available to ALL ...

Ultimately this is about whether marriage is an individual right or a government right ... not sure we want to live in a place where abortion is a government right ... they tried that in China and, well, it did work, but it was expensive to civil liberties ...
equal PROTEC TION, does not say right to abort or right to marry same sex. nice try, but others have also tried that and lost in court.

Personally I have no issue with giving same sex committed couples the same rights as heterosexual couples. I think the majority in most states would vote for that. The issue here is whether it is a federal constitutional issue. the SC says it is not. so let the voters in each state decide, why are you scared of the will of the people?

This activist Court is going to eliminate that as well.

Expect the Court to abandon decades of settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence codifying the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Government endorsement of religion will be allowed, mandatory Christian prayer will be returned to public schools, government venues will be allowed to display and promote Christian dogma.
the constitution guarantees freedom of religion and prohibits any state sponsored religion. you libs are trying to make something out of nothing.

And that’s exactly what this activist Court is going to do: hobble the 14th Amendment and pander to the hatred of the right.
once again, why are you libs so scared of letting the voters in each state decide these issues? There is no doubt that Cal, NY and others will vote your way. What exactly are you so scared of?

if you wanted to work or travel you were forced, stop lying about this.

This must be where you live ... we have those laws, but we defunded our police decades ago so there's no one forcing anyone to vax or mask or social distance ... our local DA made a big public point about gathering with his family for Thanksgiving dinner, in spite Governor Kate Brown SCREAMING about throwing folks in prison ... too funny ...

We don't have checkpoints on our freeways here in The West ... we can travel all we want ...

Employment is up to the employer ... so this makes sense for hospital and school employment ... and we've had flu vax requirement for these jobs for as long as there's been flu vaccines ... there even a long list of required vaxxes for the students ... Texas is infamous for requiring vaccines for STDs in kindergarten ...

The problem is you do everything the government tells you to do ... without question ... we here in The West are much quicker to say "make me" ... here's the test, did your government remind you to NEVER to use a mask twice? ... or prohibit the use of polyester masks? ... didn't think so ...

That's ISIS not Muslims. Don't you know the difference?
ISIS is a muslim organizationl, based on their interpretation of the Koran, which happens to agree with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, and others. Have you read any of the Koran? if not, STFU about that which you know nothing.

This must be where you live ... we have those laws, but we defunded our police decades ago so there's no one forcing anyone to vax or mask or social distance ... our local DA made a big public point about gathering with his family for Thanksgiving dinner, in spite Governor Kate Brown SCREAMING about throwing folks in prison ... too funny ...

We don't have checkpoints on our freeways here in The West ... we can travel all we want ...

Employment is up to the employer ... so this makes sense for hospital and school employment ... and we've had flu vax requirement for these jobs for as long as there's been flu vaccines ... there even a long list of required vaxxes for the students ... Texas is infamous for requiring vaccines for STDs in kindergarten ...

The problem is you do everything the government tells you to do ... without question ... we here in The West are much quicker to say "make me" ... here's the test, did your government remind you to NEVER to use a mask twice? ... or prohibit the use of polyester masks? ... didn't think so ...
my state is much like yours, geographical generalizations are generally wrong.

once again, why are you libs so scared of letting the voters in each state decide these issues? There is no doubt that Cal, NY and others will vote your way. What exactly are you so scared of?

Because if California marries two men together ... Kentucky will be required to honor that marriage ...
Just like an Alabama slave owner can bring his slaves with him into Michigan ... and not have his property taken away ...

Here's a question ... if a Texas girl travels to California for her abortion, will she be arrested and have her tubes tied when she returns to Texas? ... isn't the baby an official resident of Texas and does Texas have final say as to what's in the best interest of the child? ...

the quoran is even more specific on this, so is the torah. Jews, Christians, and muslims, and most pagans, all agree that homosexuality is a perversion. you, as usual, are confusing issues here. secular means NO religion of any stripe. its not secular or Christian, its secular or a religion chosen by the citizens (or mandated on them).
And they also believe that abortion is ok.....how long did that religious belief last under the Republican white-wing?

Forum List

Back