Ted Cruz (R) to announce 2016 presidential bid on Monday

Hillary may not run I've been saying that for years now. So far it's panning out, though the problem is the dems really have none else

If she's smart she won't...she's ancient and I doubt she can hold up to the strain of the trainload of issues that will be thrown at her.

The difference is Hillary actually understands the issues

Ted seems to think he is the only person in America who understands the Constitution

Yeah I get it, you have a crush and Hillary could be found eating dead baby brains and you'd still vote for the hag

So, one final time, this thread is NOT about Hillary Clinton. If there is any way for you to get that through your head, I think it would be to your advantage. We have worked very hard in USMB, both on the Left and on the Right, to keep the elections section free of trolling comments. Pay attention and learn to debate the topic at hand, which is TED CRUZ's upcoming announcement, or I'll just start reporting your ass until the Messiah arrives. Capisce?
I didn't bring the bitch up. Ted Cruz has twice the intellect, and is a principled person. Hillary? Just another political hack. Cruz will wipe the floor with her old ass...Now report away:thup:
We can only hope that Republicans give him the chance

My bet is that Cruz will not win a single primary....not even in Texas

I can't wait for the spotlight to be turned on Creepy Ted

And off creepy Hillary?

Hillary's a literal nutcase. She's been steeped in controversy and dishonest dealings for her entire public career (while accomplishing nothing of significant importance) and yet there are still people who slobber all over themselves at the very thought of her. Now THAT's creepy!

Ted's biggest problem will be the RINO establishment going after him, they will be worse than the libturd democrats

Ted's biggest problem will be the RINO establishment going after him, they will be worse than the libturd democrats
Actually you are correct

Ted has problems getting along with others.......of both parties

Cruz is politically toxic, he has literally zero chance. Even he knows he has zero chance, he's running for show.

Cruz is politically toxic, he has literally zero chance. Even he knows he has zero chance, he's running for show.

But Ted has a huge ego and thinks he is smarter than anyone else in the room

He will stubbornly stay till the end trashing Republican candidates

We can only hope :eusa_drool: The last Repub Primaries were a train wreck in slo-mo & I hope these turn out the same :)

I can't wait for the spotlight to be turned on Creepy Ted

And off creepy Hillary?

Hillary's a literal nutcase. She's been steeped in controversy and dishonest dealings for her entire public career (while accomplishing nothing of significant importance) and yet there are still people who slobber all over themselves at the very thought of her. Now THAT's creepy!

Since it obvioiusly was not clear enough before, for some mysterious reason, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton, it is about TED CRUZ. No trolling in the elections forum. Capisce?

m2KSrcV.jpg

We can only hope :eusa_drool: The last Repub Primaries were a train wreck in slo-mo & I hope these turn out the same :)
I am expecting more of the same with Republicans refusing to exit the clown car

Meanwhile Hillary will be sitting out there all by herself smiling

Trying my best to keep this stuff in the elections forum on an even keel.

The more crowded a field of prez candidates, the more the $$ must be split between them and the more they must duke it out until maybe 4 months before the GE. This is not necessarily contra-productive, but depends on what the other side is doing at the same time. There is no hard and fast rule about this, esp. in open elections, which is what I assume that 2016 is going to be. It would only be a semi-open election if VP Biden were to get the nomination, which I consider unlikely.

In 1988, the GOP field was less crowded than the Democratic field, but the results of both were pretty clear by May. 1988 was the first time since 1836 (Martin Van Buren), or 152 years, that the sitting Vice-President won a term in a direct election all on his own and went directly from being the Vice President to being the President on inauguration day of the next presidential term. Yes, other Vice-Presidents succeeded to the Presidency upon the death (or resignation) of a President and some of them went on to be elected in their own right, but by that point in time, they were already sitting Presidents and not sitting Vice-Presidents, for instance, Roosevelt (1904), Coolidge (1924), Truman (1948) and LBJ (1964). Other sitting vice-Presidents have tried and failed, for instance, Nixon in 1960 and Gore in 2000.

In 2000, a semi-open election, the respective fields were pretty uncluttered. It was pretty clear for a good, long time that Bush 43 and Gore were going to be the nominees. The GE was one of the closest races ever, both in the NPV and in the EC.

In 2008, the epic two-person dogfight in the Democratic Party actually lead to massive new voter registration, while the GOP nomination was pretty much set as of March and although the GOP had less drama in the primary process, the Democratic candidate won in November.

Those were the last three completely open or semi-open presidential cycles since 1968:

1968 was an OPEN election and the challenger from the opposing party won.
1972 was an incumbent re-election cycle and the incument won.
1976 was an incumbent election and the incumbent lost.
1980 was an incument re-election and the incumbent lost.
1984 was a re-election
1988 was a semi-open election, like 2000.
1992 was an incumbent re-election cycle and the incumbent lost.
1996 was an incumbent re-election cycle and the incument won.
2000 was a semi-open election. The challenger from the opposing party won.
2004 was an incumbent re-election and the incumbent won.
2008 was an OPEN election and the challenger from the opposing party won.
2012 was an incumbent re-election and the incumbent won.
2016 is very likely to be an OPEN election, but it could technically become a semi-open election.

Last edited:
Hillary will have to stand by as republicans shift their anti-Obama rhetoric to anti-Hillary rhetoric

Want they can't do is point to anything the Republicans have accomplished in the last ten years or any vision for the future

Hillary will have to stand by as republicans shift their anti-Obama rhetoric to anti-Hillary rhetoric

Want they can't do is point to anything the Republicans have accomplished in the last ten years or any vision for the future
I would say- more like the last 30-40 yrs the repub platform hasn't changed:

1) deregulate polluters

2) tax-cuts for the already well off.

Cruz will represent the American Taliban and be their poster child

Regular Republicans will be repulsed

Forum List

Back