Ted Cruz launches big Tea Party AD for 2014

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Ring in 2014 Money Bomb - Ted Cruz

And although the end of the ad claims this:

TedCruzlate2013TPad_zpsff344c06.png

There is no doubt in my mind that this ad is part of the Cruz strategy for a 2016 presidential run.

What is interesting about this ad are some striking similarities and yet, also very striking differences, to the Tim Pawlenty ad that came out in May, 2011. Take a look at that ad as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i66q1f3M3w]Tim Pawlenty - A Time for Truth - YouTube[/ame]

Both ads:

1.) Are long, longer than most Americans' concentration spans.

2.) Use film-like instrumental music with a powerful, pulsating beat and end with a long chord.

3.) Flip from one image to another while the "candidate" speaks. Cruz uses clips from actual speechs, while Pawlenty talks directly to his ad audience, but the effect is the same.

4.) appeal to Tea Party symbology.

The difference:

Tim Pawlenty says that anything undertaken will cost us a price in one way or another.

Ted Cruz does not go into any kind of specifics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Until now, I think this is the best Tea-Party related ad since the 2012 election. A number of GOPers have really caught on that they need to be as tech-savvie and social-media advanced as their blue counterparts, and Ted Cruz is undoubtedly one of them.

But make no doubt about it, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Chris Christie are already firing up the machinery needed to make a presidential run against Hillary Clinton. They are starting early because they know what a formidable machine the Clinton machine can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dems would love nothing more than Teddy Cruz being the face of the GOP. I wonder if the scene where people are throwing barrier fences aside came from the government shutdown that he orchestrated? No one will forget that....Teddy.

At least, this "TED" has never poked his wife in the eyes, has never cheated on her, has never let an innocent woman drown in a creek, like the other "TED", you know, the ICON, the LION OF THE SENATE, the jerk who brought shame to the Kennedy name, and was the undeserved survivor or the Kennedy brothers, Senator Kennedy, who also stabbed Hilary Clinton in the back and supported the current disaster in the White House.

Hey FJO, is Ted Kennedy running for Pres? No way he will win. You know that don't you?

• Banned
Just to be clear, I am throwing no stones as Ted Cruz. He is not my type, but still, I am just approaching this from the Strategema aspect of this all, for the 2016 primary calender and decisions over which states will be WTA, proportional, or a mixture of the two - also, which states are open/closed/jungle primaries and which are caucuses, etc... adn their chronological line-up in the primary calendar, can have a big impact on whether this become a clear lead for one GOP candidate or a down and out, totally nasty pig-fuck up to the Convention. And mind you, that is also not necessarily a bad thing, either, for look how contentious it was between Pres. Obama and the-Sen-Hillary Clinton, and yet, he won the GE. And re-election.

All I am saying is that from the standpoint of tech-savviness and timing and planning for a presidential run, what Ted Cruz is doing right now makes logistical sense.

When I get back from work, if you all like, I can post a link to the data over the 2012 GOP primaries and precisely which states awarded delegates according to which method.

Strategema, strategema, strategema.

Forum List

Back