Thanks

Also seems the pay is like 20 bucks an hour lol

I was looking at tech support jobs ??

CompTIA A+ Course

It says I need these certifications

Anyone know anything about this. I dont

Thanks

A+ is a very basic certification. Basically for desktop support.
Should be pretty easy to study for if you know anything about computers. I took that one like 20 years ago but my guess is it hasn’t changed much.

If you are going to dive into IT, pick a specialty though. You can go with desktop/Windows, or server/applications, database, or network. I hate windows and dealing with computers so I went network. Don’t have to deal with so many dumb ass customers that way.

Should be pretty easy to study for if you know anything about computers. I took that one like 20 years ago but my guess is it hasn’t changed much.

If you are going to dive into IT, pick a specialty though. You can go with desktop/Windows, or server/applications, database, or network. I hate windows and dealing with computers so I went network. Don’t have to deal with so many dumb ass customers that way.

IS A plus training like a few months???

What kind of pay per hour ??

I know ZEROOOO about computers.

All I know is Word and Ytube. that is it.

I know less than a Middle School kid about computers

No. I was sent to a class for a week. I’m sure you can just study for it for a week or so and take the test.

I HAVE ZERO comp understanding or exp.
Even If I passed the test. how the hell would I survive on the job knowing zero

I know ZEROOOO about computers.

All I know is Word and Ytube. that is it.

I know less than a Middle School kid about computers
Well…I’d say your screwed then.

Too late to join the military? They would train you for months.

Well…I’d say your screwed then.

Too late to join the military? They would train you for months.

Most IT desk people have had years of experience just playing with their own computers or friends.
I have zero

My job future looks bleak after 17 years with UPS

But the thing about IT is, you don’t really need a degree in it. Just study books and YouTube videos and take the certification exams.

I even had a job as a kid as an ANT SQUISHER once

Was paid like 10 cents per ant.

Dont see to bad right now lol

CompTIA A+ Course

Thanks

IDK but my sister gets paid almost $30 and hour to put shit in a giant blender without the need for certification of any sort.

IDK but my sister gets paid almost $30 and hour to put shit in a giant blender without the need for certification of any sort.

i did own 2 UPS stores for 17 years

That was the only career in my life and now I am Middle Aged

Seems my only skills are my insults lol

The only thing I enjoyed was MMA and marital arts and now my back is F and I cannot do anything.

Really sad this happened to me

CompTIA A+ Course

Thanks

CompTIA A+ is a basic knowledge cert.

Says you can answer basic questions about hardware and software. Says nothing about actual skills or ability.

If you have basic computer skills with Windows or Linux you should be able to get the cert in a couple of weeks with the practice tests from Boson.

You don't say what kind of support this is. Phone or desktop.

You don't mention age or experience level.

I'd guess, based on the type of cert we're discussing, you are fairly new to the program as it were.

Generally, in most organizations, L1 support is the stepping stone into more skilled and higher paid roles. Generally we speak of L1,2,3 with each progression more specialized and having more responsibilities.

If you're new, get the cert but then work on one of two areas
App Development
Cyber

If you're going to do cyber you'll need to branch out into every skill in the field. I hear lots of people griping about getting their big bad cyber degrees but being unable to get the big cyber jobs.

Cyber degree qualifies you to be a hacker. white or black hat but still just a hacker. Useful to me in pen and code testing but beyond that, pretty worthless. They're trainable if their heads aren't too big.

Good luck.

I HAVE ZERO comp understanding or exp.
Even If I passed the test. how the hell would I survive on the job knowing zero
Actually...

At level 1 much of support is little more than looking up scripted answers.
If you know enough to pass the test you can do the work.
Success is determined by what you do next.

I'm 67. Hold a boatload of certs in addition to 40 years experience.
I spend a good 15-20 hours a week honing the skills and knowledge.

Forum List

Back