Teachers shouldn't have to pass a political test--- and how smart are those influencers of our future?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
For most people, political opinions are likely to rank low among these priorities.
According to a report in EdWeek, though, that's what an increasing number of public schools are emphasizing
Adopting a practice that's already widespread in higher education, many districts are now considering applicants' "cultural competency." In other words, they're making progressive political views a requirement of the job.

Now my observation is that those that have the "appropriate cultural competency" are in most cases also less intelligent and
here is the reason for my personal subjective observation.
All of those that pass the "cultural competency." and those that asked the questions are truly ignorant of how formative THEIR
personal political opinions have been FORMED by the biased mainstream media (MSM).
If most of the above's political opinions are based on extremely biased MSM sources, they have been grossly misinformed.
Proof?
A) Attached are two articles as to how the MSM donated 96% to Hillary and when she lost they spent the next 4 years
reporting extremely negative Trump news... so bad that this was the result:
The study found that about 19% of the coverage of Biden's first 60 days days has been negative over the first 60 days of his administration, which ranked best among presidents of the last three decades.
Former Presidents Bill Clinton (28%), negative
George W. Bush (28%), negative
Barack Obama (20%), negative
Donald Trump (62%) negative.
So how many of these people who's opinions were based on extremely biased MSM, also created this "cultural competency." are totally uninformed? Ignorant. REMEMBER folks! These are the people that are making sure that their truly uniformed politically biased opinions are acceptable to the TEACHERS that are teaching your children! These teachers are not truly informed teachers as to pass this "cultural competency." test, they must have the same biased uninformed opinions.
AGAIN...THINK folks... these cultural competent teachers" are forming their opinions based on extremely biased MSM!
MSMdonations.png

Well ------ what are the questions on this "cultural competency" test? I'd need that, verifiable, to judge if it's a political loyalty test, which is not yet obvious.

Well ------ what are the questions on this "cultural competency" test? I'd need that, verifiable, to judge if it's a political loyalty test, which is not yet obvious.
Reading the article gives examples like this:

At the Shaw Elementary School in Boston, for example, applicants are apparently asked "what they've done personally or professionally to be more anti-racist," echoing ideas popularized by managerial gurus Robin DiAngelo and Ibram X. Kendi. See their comments.

I sure glad we have zero of that here.
Fortunately UNLIKE the current education paradigm, political correctness, political doctrine and political parties is not an issue on this forum. Most of us intelligent, objective readers/contributors are open to dialogue consisting of facts, links to facts and for most of us OBJECTIVE contributions.
How this is presented on this message board IS not the methodology of the ignorant left/democrat/anti-American and definitely not rational educators. People that are suppose to deal with facts, etc.
Thank goodness we still have this open discussion mechanism...unlike the poor propaganda driven "Educators"!

Ah yes, priorities. Placing social ideology over learning should alarm parents and teachers alike who are being instructed by their administration to do so in their classrooms.

As a social studies teacher I recognize this goal as completely inappropriate. I have no business telling my students what to think! In my mind it’s equivalent to giving the kids the answers, however, they would be “my answers” which are restrictive, biased, and limited. It’s a teacher’s job to facilitate individual thinking by providing the tools to solve a problem with open learning, not telling them the answers. Any effort to enforce my own social or political views within the classroom would be grounds for a meeting with the vice principal.

I am very thankful to work for a conservative school system that is solidly conservative. Families raise their children while teachers are mere stepping stones to becoming independent thinkers.

For most people, political opinions are likely to rank low among these priorities.
According to a report in EdWeek, though, that's what an increasing number of public schools are emphasizing
Adopting a practice that's already widespread in higher education, many districts are now considering applicants' "cultural competency." In other words, they're making progressive political views a requirement of the job.

Now my observation is that those that have the "appropriate cultural competency" are in most cases also less intelligent and
here is the reason for my personal subjective observation.
All of those that pass the "cultural competency." and those that asked the questions are truly ignorant of how formative THEIR
personal political opinions have been FORMED by the biased mainstream media (MSM).
If most of the above's political opinions are based on extremely biased MSM sources, they have been grossly misinformed.
Proof?
A) Attached are two articles as to how the MSM donated 96% to Hillary and when she lost they spent the next 4 years
reporting extremely negative Trump news... so bad that this was the result:
The study found that about 19% of the coverage of Biden's first 60 days days has been negative over the first 60 days of his administration, which ranked best among presidents of the last three decades.
Former Presidents Bill Clinton (28%), negative
George W. Bush (28%), negative
Barack Obama (20%), negative
Donald Trump (62%) negative.
So how many of these people who's opinions were based on extremely biased MSM, also created this "cultural competency." are totally uninformed? Ignorant. REMEMBER folks! These are the people that are making sure that their truly uniformed politically biased opinions are acceptable to the TEACHERS that are teaching your children! These teachers are not truly informed teachers as to pass this "cultural competency." test, they must have the same biased uninformed opinions.
AGAIN...THINK folks... these cultural competent teachers" are forming their opinions based on extremely biased MSM!
View attachment 574440
Care to clarify the political part?

As a social studies teacher I recognize this goal as completely inappropriate. I have no business telling my students what to think! .....

I believe that this is even more so the case teaching ESL.

I believe that this is even more so the case teaching ESL.
Do you mean regarding the selection of worksheets teaching social values? I can see how this could come into play with foreign elementary students from learning to read English. ESL teachers need to carefully select reading material for students.

Adult ESL students of course are not as permeable as children and are mostly firm about their social perceptions, although perceptions still continue to evolve for most adults.

Your comment also makes me think about how important it is for a school system to select the best ESL teachers. Many ESL teachers are not paid a fair salary considering their workload, but as you already know people choosing to go into primary or secondary teaching are certainly not doing it for the money.

Do you mean regarding the selection of worksheets teaching social values? I can see how this could come into play with foreign elementary students from learning to read English. ESL teachers need to carefully select reading material for students.

Adult ESL students of course are not as permeable as children and are mostly firm about their social perceptions, although perceptions still continue to evolve for most adults.

Your comment also makes me think about how important it is for a school system to select the best ESL teachers. Many ESL teachers are not paid a fair salary considering their workload, but as you already know people choosing to go into primary or secondary teaching are certainly not doing it for the money.
"Those that can't, teach"

Sounds a lot like the one party end of democracy fascism that people like JackOfNoTrades assures us is either not happening or solely the aim of those evil republicans! :laughing0301: :lmao:

Those that can't teach, are morons like you!
Your statement "Those that can't teach, are morons like you!"
So when I wrote "Those that can't, teach" according to you they are morons and morons can be teachers?
Speaks very highly of your education and worse yet our naval forces...having admirals being taught by morons!

Your statement "Those that can't teach, are morons like you!"
So when I wrote "Those that can't, teach" according to you they are morons and morons can be teachers?
Speaks very highly of your education and worse yet our naval forces...having admirals being taught by morons!
Your understanding of logic and the English language is pathetic. Slither back under your rock!

New Topics

Forum List

Back