Teacher Wanting to Be on the Right Side of History Introduces 50 Shades of Gray Wordsearch to Kids

OK, so the official Huffpo-style spin is that the teacher had nothing to do with passing out this perverted word search to the kids..This whole thing below is a quote so I'll just post the link to what actually has been discovered: Fifty Shades Of Grey Word Search Puzzles Given to Middle School Students Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

"School officials with the Monessen School District reportedly began an investigation into the matter the day prior, asserting that no solid information had been gathered as of Wednesday [day before yesterday]...

Infowars reached out to district officials and was unable to learn any additional information regarding who provided the worksheets to students.
A parent speaking with CBS Pittsburgh stated that several administrators including the school’s principal refused to answer questions when an audio recording device was present....

Although unconfirmed, one parent stated that the district was already aware of the responsible teacher but has thus far refused to release a name.
Regardless, many parents feel the situation represents the continued sexualization of young school children.

Parents of a middle school student in California were outraged last June when a sex-ed teacher asked their daughter “how far she would go” sexually during an in-class assignment.

The father of a female middle school student was equally upset several months earlier when his daughter discovered a school poster that listed graphic sexual acts. The school claimed the poster was simply part of a health and science curriculum.

As if middle school wasn’t early enough, Chicago public school administrators demanded that all kindergarten children receive mandatory sex-ed courses in 2013. Similarly, feminist groups attempted to force classes on kindergartners in California as well.

The Teacher or Teachers involved, deserve a good ole fashioned beat down. The parents should be allowed to 'meet' with them privately.

If you must know, I end up taking the very unpopular stance that businesses should not be harassed
fined or penalized for turning down services at gay weddings
they don't wish to attend...

Uh, were you aware that the "Boycott A&E" Facebook page in response to them trying to cancel Duck Dynasty because Phil Robertson said he didn't believe gay marriage was right, got over a MILLION "likes" in less than 24 hours?

Were you aware that lines wrapped around the block at Chic Fil-As across the country to support Chic Fil-A's owner's stance that gay marriage wasn't right?

Do you think in 20 years from now, the way things appear to be going with this subcultural movement that kids will be doing worse things than the 50 shades of gray wordsearch in their curriculums?

Harassing people for their freedom of speech is NOT a popular concept.

I agree with you that people like us are opposed to such harassment.

What I'm saying is that the lawsuits brought against these businesses have been WINNING
which sets the wrong precedents. But there have been fines imposed on people, and this is
not just a "voluntary demand by online petitioning" -- these are mandatory court decisions and state sanctioned actions.

This needs to be CORRECTED not just protested through social media.

It will take LEGAL corrections and LEGISLATIVE corrections, now that rulings and laws have been passed
pushing these kinds of punishments on people.

So this is popular enough to get pushed through laws and courts, endorsing the idea of defending the plaintiffs
and thus finding against the businesses for the beliefs of their owners and operators.

What I'm saying is that the lawsuits brought against these businesses have been WINNING
which sets the wrong precedents.
So this is popular enough to get pushed through laws and courts, endorsing the idea of defending the plaintiffs
and thus finding against the businesses for the beliefs of their owners and operators.

Popularity and the courts have nothing to do with each other. Five or six activist judges don't reflect the feelings of 100s of millions of people..

which sets the wrong precedents.

Popularity and the courts have nothing to do with each other. Five or six activist judges don't reflect the feelings of 100s of millions of people..

By the same token, the feelings of 100s of millions of people do not change our constitutional protections (unless those people call for amending said document).

And, of course, it is exceedingly unlikely that multiple hundreds of millions of people in this country have the same opinion on just about any subject. :lol:

By the same token, the feelings of 100s of millions of people do not change our constitutional protections (unless those people call for amending said document).And, of course, it is exceedingly unlikely that multiple hundreds of millions of people in this country have the same opinion on just about any subject. :lol:
See, I knew this thread would evolve into "gay marriage rights".

Check the title. And realize who is claiming this thread as their stump.

Why would this teacher feel she was permitted by society to distribute this deviant-sex word search puzzle to Jr. High kids?

By the same token, the feelings of 100s of millions of people do not change our constitutional protections (unless those people call for amending said document).And, of course, it is exceedingly unlikely that multiple hundreds of millions of people in this country have the same opinion on just about any subject. :lol:
See, I knew this thread would evolve into "gay marriage rights".

Check the title. And realize who is claiming this thread as their stump.

Why would this teacher feel she was permitted by society to distribute this deviant-sex word search puzzle to Jr. High kids?

Who says she felt she was permitted to do anything of the sort? I thought that there was an investigation and the early reports claim it was a mistake. But a mistake wouldn't fit with your agenda, so I'm sure you'll never believe that could be true. ;)

Public Schools have become playgrounds for pervert pedophiles. Who knows who they're allowing to be around the children anymore? American Parents would be very wise to seek other education alternatives. Avoid the Public School System if possible.

Who says she felt she was permitted to do anything of the sort? I thought that there was an investigation and the early reports claim it was a mistake. But a mistake wouldn't fit with your agenda, so I'm sure you'll never believe that could be true. ;)
No, Huffpo sourced an anonymous person supposedly from the school saying it was not the teacher's fault. As of last Wednesday an investigation was under way.

Here's how Huffpo put it to cover the situation: "The school official said an investigation was under way. The unnamed school official says it wasn't the teacher's fault. It isn't the first time this excuse was tried on the same book.

How can an investigation's conclusions still be pending while an "unnamed" conclusion that you are relying on be found? It can't. The kids so far say the teacher handed out the puzzle, knowing that s/he was doing so.

Here's a similar situation:

A Philadelphia mother wants her son’s high school teacher fired after he bought the teen the novel Fifty Shades of Grey for in-class reading.
Maya Ladson says she was shocked to find a copy of the racy read in her 14-year-old’s book bag back on March 9. That shock turned to outrage when she found out how he got the book. Teacher Buys Student Fifty Shades of Grey for Reading Class NBC 10 Philadelphia
The excuse then also? "The teacher didn't know what he was doing!"..
The school claims the whole situation is a misunderstanding. Aidoo asked his students for a list of suggestions of books he should order for an independent reading assignment. He said he wasn’t aware of the "Fifty Shades" book's mature themes.
"Unfortunately, Mr. Aidoo did not have an awareness of this popular book and ordered it with his own money," the school's Chief Operating Officer Yvonne Turner told NBC10.com. Student Given Fifty Shades of Grey But Teacher Didn t Know It Was Racy
Yes, I'm sure that a middle school teacher didn't know how to read the book jacket to discover the explicit material that was within the book before he handed it to that boy in his class. They didn't buy it and the district suspended him.

It does seem to be a distubing trend..

Parents are very wary to say the least. They just don't know who they're allowing to be around children anymore. There seems to be no standards or accountability. It seems like any pervert pedophile can just waltz into a class room and prey on the children. Other alternative education options have to be considered. Sending your child into the Public School sewer isn't a very appealing option at this point.

Parents are very wary to say the least. They just don't know who they're allowing to be around children anymore. There seems to be no standards or accountability. It seems like any pervert pedophile can just waltz into a class room and prey on the children. Other alternative education options have to be considered. Sending your child into the Public School sewer isn't a very appealing option at this point.
I completely disagree. The worst abuses of this type exist in alternative schooling situations where there is intrinsically less oversight.

This is the mistake most parents make. At least in public schools all manner of oversight exists and it is the reason that teacher got suspended. The problem is society and its wilfull blindness to screen out the obvious creeps. Pervs gravitate towards kids so any application for a teaching credential at the college level should come with a very scrutinizing barrage of psychological tests of the applicant to see if they "really really desire to be around kids". I would send my kid first to a teacher's classroom where the teacher was grumpy and annoyed with the kids before I sent them to one where the teacher really really really likes to be around kids. Just little red flags.

Pedophiles progress the same way...they introduce the idea of the eventual act in little incremental ways...making each new step "fun" for the child...

Parents in a Pennsylvania school district are turning 50 shades of red over word search puzzles given to their middle school students based on an erotic novel and movie.
At least five students at Monessen Middle School were given puzzles based on 'Fifty Shades of Grey', the graphic bondage book by E.L. James that was recently adapted to a film.
The puzzles contained terms including 'spanking,' 'submissive,' 'leather cuffs' and 'bondage'. Fifty Shades of Grey crossword puzzle handed out to Monessen Middle School students Daily Mail Online

The more explicit words are blacked out...

50shadeswordsearch_zps7a8b3432.jpg

Can you imagine the curriculum in 20 years from now if we don't get together and put a firm stop to this?

It is despicable. The parents should remove their children from that school immediately. Home school them and let the school board know that Americans are not going to tolerate this wickedness being taught to their children.

Again, I disagree. This isn't a platform about public vs private or Christian or homeschooling. Personally, I feel that public schools, properly overseen and with teachers paid well so only the best of the best arrive to teach children are the best environments for kids to grow, learn, integrate into the big social world (without mommy and daddy, where they all will wind up so the sooner they learn this the better) etc.

This is a thread about an inappropriate sexualized topic, introduced by a teacher who felt that society would support this move. Otherwise, s/he wouldn't have done it. That's the core of the problem. Look for this type of "teaching" everywhere. When the norm slides this far down, even private schools will experience pressure from the larger world around them to "conform or be rejected as freaks". That's a very powerful motivator for change for kids, even if the adults are thinking their shrinking utopian island will continue to protect them from an ever-deviating society all around them.

This is a line drawn in the sand at the public school level...not a call to retreat even further into your insular little islands and turn your back on facing what is mowing you down like grass. It will find the kids. It may take a few years longer but the islands of private schools will be inundated too in a matter of one or two more decades...tops.

So you'd best pull your heads out of the sand, stop with the "hey this is our chance to push private/Christian schools", roll up your sleeves and join the fight on the front lines against this stuff where it exists NOW...before it's too late...

I completely disagree. The worst abuses of this type exist in alternative schooling situations where there is intrinsically less oversight.

This is the mistake most parents make. At least in public schools all manner of oversight exists and it is the reason that teacher got suspended. The problem is society and its wilfull blindness to screen out the obvious creeps. Pervs gravitate towards kids so any application for a teaching credential at the college level should come with a very scrutinizing barrage of psychological tests of the applicant to see if they "really really desire to be around kids". I would send my kid first to a teacher's classroom where the teacher was grumpy and annoyed with the kids before I sent them to one where the teacher really really really likes to be around kids. Just little red flags.

Well, that's how you see it. And i'm ok with that. But others feel very differently. There just doesn't seem to be standards and accountability anymore. They're allowing too many pervert pedophiles around the children.

The Public School System has become a playground for the pervs. So I can understand a parent wanting to go a different route. I mean, dropping your child off into the Public School unknown for 8hrs a day, is a very scary proposition these days.

Well, that's how you see it. And i'm ok with that. But others feel very differently. There just doesn't seem to be standards and accountability anymore. They're allowing too many pervert pedophiles around the children.

The Public School System has become a playground for the pervs. So I can understand a parent wanting to go a different route. I mean, dropping your child off into the Public School unknown for 8hrs a day, is a very scary proposition these days.

This should be fun.......

Do you have any statistics or other evidence to show that public schools have become 'a playground for the pervs'? Has there been an increase in parental complaints about sexual content in lesson plans, an increase in criminal charges against school employees for sexual behavior to/around kids, etc.?

Or is it that you've read a few news stories like this and decided it is a national trend in public schools?

This should be fun.......

Do you have any statistics or other evidence to show that public schools have become 'a playground for the pervs'? Has there been an increase in parental complaints about sexual content in lesson plans, an increase in criminal charges against school employees for sexual behavior to/around kids, etc.?

Or is it that you've read a few news stories like this and decided it is a national trend in public schools?

Hey, you're free to drop your child off into the Public School unknown for 8hrs a day. That's your call. But Parents need to have other options available. Who are these Teachers? They're complete strangers. Having so much faith they'll do the right thing when it comes to your child, seems to be a pretty frightening gamble. Why take the chance? Probably best to seek alternatives at this point.

Forum List

Back