Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

I don't think he pushed her buttons. He just relayed some information and that set her off because she's a liberal idiot.

And he's a disruptive little punk. Neither one of them showed "class".

Why did she get so angry and hateful? I think she should be fired. It's her job to teach.
..to foment free thought...rationality...she was far apart from it...but she had a captive audience...HER way or else...

And he's a disruptive little punk. Neither one of them showed "class".

Why did she get so angry and hateful? I think she should be fired. It's her job to teach.
..to foment free thought...rationality...she was far apart from it...but she had a captive audience...HER way or else...

Yep. A teacher is not supposed to take sides. As soon as the teacher takes sides it is no longer teaching. That is called indoctrination.

He does a little bit, especially when you consider the age and supposed maturity level of the two.

I disagree. He was laughing and talking and disruptive from the start. She had no control over that class, and it showed. What he said is one thing ... how he behaved is something else.

Class is in the eye of the beholder I guess. But he certainly did a much better job keeping a level head than she did.
Yes, he did. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was disruptive from the start.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and was spoiled by (most) of the teachers I had. They were respectful and respected ... and we could have debate and discussion and disagree without it devolving into total chaos, as we heard on that tape.

Yep. A teacher is not supposed to take sides. As soon as the teacher takes sides it is no longer teaching. That is called indoctrination.

Precisely.

Forget about her abuse and lying. The woman is just too damn ignorant to be teaching children. She's gotta go. Period, end of story.

I disagree. He was laughing and talking and disruptive from the start. She had no control over that class, and it showed. What he said is one thing ... how he behaved is something else.

Class is in the eye of the beholder I guess. But he certainly did a much better job keeping a level head than she did.
Yes, he did. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was disruptive from the start.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and was spoiled by (most) of the teachers I had. They were respectful and respected ... and we could have debate and discussion and disagree without it devolving into total chaos, as we heard on that tape.

Do you believe this lady is qualified to teach the 11th grade?

Of course a teacher can "take sides". And by allowing students to respectfully debate the issues, it teaches them to think critically and gel and support their own opinions.

Oh me oh my... can that be said about all the teachers I've ever had regarding things like American History where they were obviously taking a favorable view of the American side? I was indoctrinated!

Sorry, but there is nothing about teaching that states a teacher can't "take sides".

Againj yo people just lie about what the SS teacher said.

She said as a teacher she could not allow someone to slander ANY president.

Jesus people try sticking with the facts

But it's okay to slander Romney, Bush, Reagan, and any other republican. Hypocrites.

She said ANY president.

why do you think its a good idea to back lies like you are doing.

It makes you look like a idiot

Stop getting in the way of their talking points damn it!

I believe I've answered that all the way through this thread.

I disagree with you that challenging what a teacher tells you is necessarily disruptive. For a teenage boy, I thought he remained relatively respectful the entire time. I guess I should go back and apologize to pretty much every teacher I ever had for being such a classroom disruption. :lol:

Of course a teacher can "take sides". And by allowing students to respectfully debate the issues, it teaches them to think critically and gel and support their own opinions.

I disagree. We had political debates in high school and the teachers never took sides. The teacher was there to keep it on track and allow for civil discourse. The teacher is the authority figures in the class. As soon as the teacher takes a side, that is wrong and it immediately puts the other children at a disadvantage and is intimidating.

From the start, she said that one could not "slander" or be disrespectful to a sitting President; that somehow it's ok to do such to a candidate, but not once their elected. That is false.

How could a Public School allow such an ignoramus to teach children. It really is shockingly sad.

I'd like to know how they can allow someone to teach who has such total lack of control (of herself and her class).

Teachers are after all just people. Who knows what the relationship between the two have been all year. She did let her buttons get pushed. As an adult she should have a better response to it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPnDZ1Txlo]SCHOOL SUCKS: The American Way - YouTube[/ame]

I disagree with you that challenging what a teacher tells you is necessarily disruptive. For a teenage boy, I thought he remained relatively respectful the entire time. I guess I should go back and apologize to pretty much every teacher I ever had for being such a classroom disruption. :lol:

*sigh*

I've said over and over again that challenging a teacher is not disruptive. I've said over and over again that discussion and debate in a classroom is a good thing, IF it's done from a position of respect on both sides. This teacher had no control over her class, and it showed.

I believe I've answered that all the way through this thread.

I don't think so. Should she be fired or not?

Oh me oh my... can that be said about all the teachers I've ever had regarding things like American History where they were obviously taking a favorable view of the American side? I was indoctrinated!

Sorry, but there is nothing about teaching that states a teacher can't "take sides".

But austensively they were having a discussion of Romney 'Bullying'...it was all OK until a student chimed in with Obama in his own words admitting HE bullied a little girl...then ALL Hell broke loose..."Don't you DARE bring the truth and another side into this one sided discussion..."!

The woman got caught...she needs to go. She has NO business teaching children anything.

I disagree. We had political debates in high school and the teachers never took sides. The teacher was there to keep it on track and allow for civil discourse. The teacher is the authority figures in the class. As soon as the teacher takes a side, that is wrong and it immediately puts the other children at a disadvantage and is intimidating.
That would depend upon how it's done.

How could a Public School allow such an ignoramus to teach children. It really is shockingly sad.

I'd like to know how they can allow someone to teach who has such total lack of control (of herself and her class).

Teachers are after all just people. Who knows what the relationship between the two have been all year. She did let her buttons get pushed. As an adult she should have a better response to it.

Excuse for tyranny? Who cares what thier relationship IS or was? It was a valid one-sided discussion as far as that tyrant-teacher was concerned and wouldn't hear any other side other than trash Romney.

jiybc.png

hLzkZ.png

TmfbY.png

bhHXB.png

hDYYG.png

aNVwL.png

Ahh... the people we interact with on a daily basis. Away from their forums and real world gatherings where they no longer feel attached to their anonymity to express how they really feel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back