Zone1 Teacher says that requiring kids to pay attention in class is racist

Will these leftards not be satisfied until we have a country of rude, tardy, lazy, disobedient banchees running wild? We already learned from the African-American Museum of the Smithsonian that being polite, on time, and working hard are “whiteness traits,” but now a teacher is declaring that asking children to pay attention in class and behave properly is…..you guessed it…..a symptom of white supremacy!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THAT "TEACHER"!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see some research looking at ADHD by political affiliation .

To test the hypothesis that left leaning individuals suffer from this disorder much more and that it is a major

component of wider mental health problems .

I cannot imagine usefully talking with a so called lefty and at best regard them as scatter brained , however well meaning and well intentioned .

There is no such thing as ADHD. The man who coined the diagnostic term admitted on his deathbed that he made it up. Totally phony.

They've been poisoning our kids over normal youthful exuberance and the fact that kids can get a bit distrcted when teacher is a fucking bore.

This is NOT a new concept, folks. My father taught Industrial Arts (wood shop, drafting, small engine repair, etc…) for eight and a half years in the late 1970s and 1980s.

He gave up his job in the middle of the 1983-84 school year because the School administration had a cure-all for rowdy kids - Send them to the Industrial Arts classes instead of English, Math, History or Science classes. The kids who wouldn’t pay attention in a classroom full of books were sent to classrooms full of power tools and sharp objects, with totally foreseeable results.

When this issue was brought to both the Union and the Administration, both had the same response… they’re not real students and you’re not real teachers, so you should get along just fine.

This is NOT a new concept, folks. My father taught Industrial Arts (wood shop, drafting, small engine repair, etc…) for eight and a half years in the late 1970s and 1980s.

He gave up his job in the middle of the 1983-84 school year because the School administration had a cure-all for rowdy kids - Send them to the Industrial Arts classes instead of English, Math, History or Science classes. The kids who wouldn’t pay attention in a classroom full of books were sent to classrooms full of power tools and sharp objects, with totally foreseeable results.

When this issue was brought to both the Union and the Administration, both had the same response… they’re not real students and you’re not real teachers, so you should get along just fine.
Nobody said rowdy kids is a new phenomena. What IS new is the idea that asking rowdy kids to sit down and behave is racist.

P.S. Did they call your father a racist for bringing up the issue?

Nobody said rowdy kids is a new phenomena. What IS new is the idea that asking rowdy kids to sit down and behave is racist
It’s not a new problem, and the answer far too often is the same it was 40 years ago… don’t force the students to behave, just accept that they won’t and move on. The acceptance of the improper behavior is as much the issue as the improper behavior itself.
P.S. Did they call your father a racist for bringing up the issue?
No, they did something far worse in his eyes… they called him a fool for thinking that it would have been better to force the students to behave or discipline them than just sending them to shop class 4-5 of the 7 periods of the day.

It’s not a new problem, and the answer far too often is the same it was 40 years ago… don’t force the students to behave, just accept that they won’t and move on. The acceptance of the improper behavior is as much the issue as the improper behavior itself.

No, the answer isn’t to let the obnoxious, unruly students disrupt he classroom and impede the learning of the kids who know to behave. The answer is to send them to detention…..then suspend them….then expel them. The problem with that is that when a black kid is removed, all the libs will be screaming “raaaaaacist!”
No, they did something far worse in his eyes… they called him a fool for thinking that it would have been better to force the students to behave or discipline them than just sending them to shop class 4-5 of the 7 periods of the day.

What is wrong with you? That isn’t the point. The point is that these days, amidst all the raaaaacism nonsense, a teacher is now saying that asking kids to behave is racist.

P.S. Being called a racist is WORSE than being called a fool.

Spare the *rod and *spoil the child. . Even the catholic church became enlightened on this fact eventually. . *not to be taken literally.
Where or when did the Catholic Church become “enlightened” as you state? . Just because a few hyper-liberal clergy or bishops speak openly about something in no way changes the teachings or doctrines of the Church. . . Ok? . . . Big difference. . . . And just because our progressive educators and politicians and therapists say spanking is bad, means nothing. . Because they are wrong about everything when it comes to what God desires.

There are many more instructions in Proverbs and other books of the Bible that make clear that parents need to discipline their children or they will go wayward. And, yes, with the rod in their early years, when they are children. . . Literally. . . You don’t get it, fine. . But too bad you have convinced yourself that the Church or God are with you on that.

Last edited:
Will these leftards not be satisfied until we have a country of rude, tardy, lazy, disobedient banchees running wild? We already learned from the African-American Museum of the Smithsonian that being polite, on time, and working hard are “whiteness traits,” but now a teacher is declaring that asking children to pay attention in class and behave properly is…..you guessed it…..a symptom of white supremacy!

Thank you for giving me my first chuckle of the day.

No, the answer isn’t to let the obnoxious, unruly students disrupt he classroom and impede the learning of the kids who know to behave. The answer is to send them to detention…..then suspend them….then expel them. The problem with that is that when a black kid is removed, all the libs will be screaming “raaaaaacist!”
That’s nice. I’ve spent nearly a half century being called names, mostly over something I had no choice in and can’t change. I’ve grown a thick skin and learned that being insulted for being who/what you are and standing for what’s right is a badge of honor, not a mark of shame. We’d be much better off if more people realized that.
P.S. Being called a racist is WORSE than being called a fool
Maybe in your mind it is; but not all of us see it the same way.,

Sure, kids with ADHD have their political ideologies all set up by the time they're ten. LOL!

Since there has been school, there have been kids who were either not interested, or couldn't pay attention, and this happened with those of any race, gender, religion or creed. Here's a fun factoid, kids don't want to be holed up in a brick building all day while some tenured teacher drones on about God knows what. That's why I believe ADHD is over diagnosed, it's because teachers aren't interesting, neither is the curriculum or the environment they're learning in.
My 7-year-old granddaughter has ADHD. I pity teachers who have such in their classes. They need constant attention to keep them focused.

Forum List

Back