Tea Party Plummeting

New CNN poll, just out:

11blq2x.png

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/09/poll.aug9.pdf
Believe it or not...I actualy found it interesting that 18% of the population in this study either doesn't care about, or hasen't heard of the Tea Party.

At any rate...this poll just reinforces how the Republicans lost the most valuable tool in their arsenal in the November 2010 election...which was blamelessness. Now that they run the house...they're reaping the rewards of being in charge to a degee. It should be becoming obvious that last November's election results were not a sweeping, unheard of, historic, unbelieveable, never before seen mandate of conservatism...but just a sweeping mandate of throwing out the people in charge.

Why dont you point out the breakdown of party affiliation of those polled before weighing in further.
They didn't give an overall party affiliation total. You'll not be breaking any new ground by alleging bias from CNN/Opinion Research....however....if you look at the imtemized question party affiliation totals, they look pretty much split like most elections in the last 20 years, about 50/50. I'm not seeing a good case for the kind of shady crap like Republimussen Reports always throws out. The questions aren't leading, and they questioned both likely and non voters.

Believe it or not...I actualy found it interesting that 18% of the population in this study either doesn't care about, or hasen't heard of the Tea Party.

At any rate...this poll just reinforces how the Republicans lost the most valuable tool in their arsenal in the November 2010 election...which was blamelessness. Now that they run the house...they're reaping the rewards of being in charge to a degee. It should be becoming obvious that last November's election results were not a sweeping, unheard of, historic, unbelieveable, never before seen mandate of conservatism...but just a sweeping mandate of throwing out the people in charge.

Why dont you point out the breakdown of party affiliation of those polled before weighing in further.

Why is toxicmedia mute on the breakdown of party affiliation with this poll? Couldn't be weighted like so many are....nah, what was I thinking.
Because I was actualy reading all of the data. There are 13 pages of it.

Why in the hell are people getting on the Tea party? A person would have to really be inorant of how Broken Washington DC is if they really beleive that a group of about 60 House members in only 6 months could do all the damge some say. To me, blaming the A tea party(which its not a political party people) If like Blaming the guy who called 911 because a building was on fire. DC is on Fire and theese Patriots are calling 911!I wonder what a poll of peole who actually work and pay Taxes would show! hummm

Why in the hell are people getting on the Tea party? A person would have to really be inorant of how Broken Washington DC is if they really beleive that a group of about 60 House members in only 6 months could do all the damge some say. To me, blaming the A tea party(which its not a political party people) If like Blaming the guy who called 911 because a building was on fire. DC is on Fire and theese Patriots are calling 911!I wonder what a poll of peole who actually work and pay Taxes would show! hummm

They threw gasoline on the fire and said "Burn baby burn," how could someone overlook that.

They've been plummeting for a while now, they have an overinflated sense of themselves, what have they really accomplished?

They managed to get America's credit rating downgraded.

No they didn't, quit with the lies. POLITICIANS managed to get the credit rating downgraded.

Yeah, TEA PARTY politicians. And the kook, Michele Bachmann, who's actually running for president voted against the compromise deal. Does that mean she would have vetoed it if she were sitting in the Oval Office? If she had, where do you think the DOW would be right now? Maybe around 7,000 (which is about where it was when Obama took office)? How about America's credit rating? In the cellar, probably.

Why is toxicmedia mute on the breakdown of party affiliation with this poll? Couldn't be weighted like so many are....nah, what was I thinking.

I am sure that omitting the breakdown was an accident. I mean its from Turner. :lol:

Of all the words not to misspell, the word, "ignorant," has GOT to be at or near the top.

No they didn't, quit with the lies. POLITICIANS managed to get the credit rating downgraded.

Yeah, TEA PARTY politicians. And the kook, Michele Bachmann, who's actually running for president voted against the compromise deal. Does that mean she would have vetoed it if she were sitting in the Oval Office? If she had, where do you think the DOW would be right now? Maybe around 7,000 (which is about where it was when Obama took office)? How about America's credit rating? In the cellar, probably.

Drink some more Kool-Aid, sonny. Our deficit and our spending got us where we are today. Not the few that really tried to address the problem and not just put a bandaid on the wound.
If not for the fact that we keep having to raise the debt ceiling and out of control spending we still would have had the AAA rating.
If not for the fact that we didn't address the spending in a serious way and not with the smoke and mirrors from the politicians we would still have our AAA rating.
Now just go spin and blame like you have been doing since teflon obama has been in office. I get it....but it's not fooling anyone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I am sure that omitting the breakdown was an accident. I mean its from Turner. :lol:
There aren't many unbiased pollsters these days. I mean they do sell their product to a biased media. Evenly weighted polling data doesn't sell.

But the question is...how could anyone with intellectual integrity ever post polls they agree with? This whole dissmissal based on bais when you don't agree with the poll results, and posting away when you do agree is one of the tiresome aspects of some posts on sites like these.

Drink some more Kool-Aid, sonny. Our deficit and our spending got us where we are today. Not the few that really tried to address the problem and not just put a bandaid on the wound.
If not for the fact that we keep having to raise the debt ceiling and out of control spending we still would have had the AAA rating.
If not for the fact that we didn't address the spending in a serious way and not with the smoke and mirrors from the politicians we would still have our AAA rating.
Now just go spin and blame like you have been doing since teflon obama has been in office. I get it....but it's not fooling anyone.

Spending has been going up year after year and will continue going up as long as the population grows and baby boomers keep retiring, to cut spending on those people would be to go back on a promise to them, they paid into it all their lives so what cut them? Where is proof of all this out of control spending?

Only the unintelligent believe that....

You need to read the statement that S&P released to explain why they did it.

Please show us in the statement from S&P where it cites the Tea Party. Go ahead show all of us okay?

We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.
We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.
The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.
More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.
The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.
S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

They threw gasoline on the fire and said "Burn baby burn," how could someone overlook that.
Isaiah Brother if you think 60 house Freshmen had enough power to do that, then you really need to quit drinking the Coolaid. As for as the poll, why dont all of you go out and ask any hard working person that pays taxes ,how they feel about the 51% of the people who pay nothing? I bet almost all these people say that everyone who gets a check should pay something. Pretty soon the leeches are goona have nothing left to suck and then they will die.

Only the unintelligent believe that....

You need to read the statement that S&P released to explain why they did it.

Please show us in the statement from S&P where it cites the Tea Party. Go ahead show all of us okay?

We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.
We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.
The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.
More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.
The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.
S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

Waste of time - you're dealing with the unintelligent...

Forum List

Back