Tax cuts for the rich, destroy Medicare- The Romney/Ryan Plan -LOL

:cuckoo::cuckoo: Obama cut 500 BILLION out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare. So you want to try that one again---:badgrin:
+

They took it out of Medicare PLUS- a Pub POS scam that nobody needs, Pub Dupe LOL

:

Indeed, the most expensive part of Medicare is (soon to be "was," due to the ACA's payment adjustments) the part that's already privatized.

Payment adjustments ?

What does that mean....taxes to make it up or Mayo dropping more seniors ?

Payment adjustments ?

What does that mean...

That means no longer propping up the privatized portion of Medicare (Medicare Advantage) with artificial subsidies. Either the private plans can deliver Medicare benefits to enrollees more efficiently/cheaply or they can't. The overpayments those private insurers are receiving relative to fee-for-service Medicare will be phased out (with some geographical variation in the exact ratio to Medicare FFS benchmarks).

Medicare Advantage plans were spending 14% more per beneficiary on average than traditional Medicare. See MedPAC's March 2009 report to Congress:

In 2009, the ratio of payments relative to FFS [fee-for-service, i.e. traditional Medicare] spending will vary by the type of MA plan, but the ratios for all plan types are substantially higher than 100 percent. We estimate that 2009 payments to plans overall will average 114 percent of FFS spending.

Yet beneficiaries received almost no additional vaue. Austin Frakt in 2009:

Payment to MA plans has gone way up since 2003. Did the payment increase largely benefit beneficiaries or not? This is a current political and policy debate, about which much has been written in the media (both traditional and blogospheric). It turns out the answer is known and quantifiable. My work (with Steve Pizer and Roger Feldman) shows that for each additional dollar spent by the federal government (taxpayers) on the program since 2003, just $0.14 of it can be attributed to additional value (consumer surplus) to beneficiaries (see also: findings brief).

What do we make of the other $0.86? That goes to the insurance companies but doesn’t come out “the other end” in the form of value to beneficiaries. In part it is accounted for by the costs of the additional benefits and in part it is captured as additional insurer profit.

So, do higher MA payments produce little value to beneficiaries, as Obama claims, or are the benefits they fund important to maintain, as Republicans would have us believe? The balance of the evidence is on Obama’s side. In fact, it is a landslide: for each dollar spent, 14% of the value reaches beneficiaries and 86% of it goes elsewhere (profit or cost).

Cuts to MA should be a no brainer.

Thus the cuts to Medicare Advantage in the law.

Read something FCS- the dupes are fact free zombies, let's face it.

Romney HAD to balance the budget in Mass- it's the law, chump...the ignorance and misinformation of the dupes is astounding. Glad you think the huge rises in fees and "other" taxes is funny. It's how pubs hide all the new taxes on the non rich. And how the the poor pay more than the rich now...IDIOT PUB DUPES!!!

Romney is going to balance the US budget? What a total joke.He's George W. LYING BOOOSH all over again. The CBO said his deficits would be HIGHER than Obama's worst estimates BY LYING scumbag Pubs- your idiot dupe HEROES. JFC you're horrible citizens...zeik HEIL, morons LOL A secret plan- like Nixon' secret plan to win Viet Nam- will the dupes ever learn? Stupidest voters in the modern world. Hilarious! Arrgghh...

Praying for your recovery- Change the channel and read something. Start with my sig- A tiny part of what Pubs don't tell you, and the crappe you believe. You people are just plain scary- so arrogant so DUMB.

Last edited:
You're right franco lets tax em at %100, that'll work out well. Quit being a moron, if you dont understand economics, get off the subject

I don't even have the heart to tell the dumb fuck that the 'Buffet Rule' law has been projected to pay for a whopping 11 hours of government.

30%, azzhole- it's a start.

It's a ridiculous 11 hours of government spending. A 1% in reduction of Federal spending, on the otherhand, would deliver over 6X the cash benefit.

Yours is a world of demagoguery and obfuscation. The vast middle of America is no longer buying it.

I don't even have the heart to tell the dumb fuck that the 'Buffet Rule' law has been projected to pay for a whopping 11 hours of government.

It's a ridiculous 11 hours of government spending. A 1% in reduction of Federal spending, on the otherhand, would deliver over 6X the cash benefit.

Yours is a world of demagoguery and obfuscation. The vast middle of America is no longer buying it.

It has been enjoyable seeing him post the same fifty words over and over again.

I am afraid that it is people like him that give me pause to think when someone suggests that a certain part of our population should not be allowed to breed.

And he was a schoolteacher !!!! How much will we pay for that in the long run. :mad::mad:

No kidding... if you confiscated 100% of the wealth of the evil 1%rs you'd still fall short of funding one year of Obama's spending.

The folks are colossally stupid.

It has come to my attention many dupes aren't told ANYTHING LOL

The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal was presented as the Republican budget proposal for 2013 in March 2012.[6] The proposal focuses includes plans to reform Medicare, cap discretionary federal spending at $1.029 trillion and cut the highest individual tax rates.[7]

Just how we got our first Dem rep here EVER last year. You're fegged! LOL!:badgrin:

OBAMA cut 500 BILLION dollars out of Medicare to pay for OBAMACARE. Furthermore--the Ryan plan eliminates a lot of subsidies and deductions for the wealthy--which results in MAKING THEM PAY MORE IN TAXES--Da Duh.

sacred+cows%252C+obama+cartoons.jpg

Last edited:
You have any intelligent argument, or just idiotic hyperbole from Rush?

Actually the figures have been repeatedly posted.

You are just to blind or to stupid to pay attention.

Your vocabulary of 50 words (is pub a word the way you use it ?....maybe 49) just does not convey anything of intelligence.

A school teacher. :doubt::doubt:

The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal was presented as the Republican budget proposal for 2013 in March 2012.[6] The proposal focuses includes plans to reform Medicare, cap discretionary federal spending at $1.029 trillion and cut the highest individual tax rates.[7]

Just how we got our first Dem rep here EVER last year. You're fegged! LOL!:badgrin:

OBAMA cut 500 BILLION dollars out of Medicare to pay for OBAMACARE. Furthermore--the Ryan plan eliminates a lot of subsidies and deductions for the wealthy--which results in MAKING THEM PAY MORE IN TAXES--Da Duh.

It's Medicare Plus, dupe, a costly Pub ripoff, ant the Ryan Plan does EXACTLY the same thing!! FCS....:badgrin:

Can we see a list of those Ryan subsidy and deduction eliminations?

just more trickle down economic we have seen since 1980 except the rich now want the trickle.

oh that's right the "republican", yeah I forgot about it. I love posers like you. Commie all the way, just admit it and be proud

Ya know, there is nothing "commie" about not wanting to pay more than your fair share and expecting others to pay theirs, and it gets tiresome hearing the ignorant rw's repeat this litany.

I just wish you rw's would educate yourselves and quit depending on a few inaccurate labels you learned out on the playground.

Considering how OLD the Republican Party is and the number of them moving into Social Security and Medicare over the next few years, I think it's hilarious they want to destroy these programs just before they need them.

Can we see a list of those Ryan subsidy and deduction eliminations?

Uh that's like Mittens saying that he won't tell us his plans because if we knew, we wouldn't vote for him.

Forum List

Back