Talmud

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Often misquoted and taken out of context by those who never read it, it is a Rabbinical records of the oral Law known as the Mishna and Rabbinic analysis of the Mishna known as Gemara.
Talmud is important to the Orthodox who see it as the father of Halakha Jewish law and to Reform and Refromationist who see it as ethical instruction.
The passage that says the worshipers or idols are dogs and pigs may seem intolerant today but at the time it was written they writing of their enemies the pagan tribes. It is best if i allow a Rabbi to explain it.

Often misquoted and taken out of context by those who never read it, it is a Rabbinical records of the oral Law known as the Mishna and Rabbinic analysis of the Mishna known as Gemara.
Talmud is important to the Orthodox who see it as the father of Halakha Jewish law and to Reform and Refromationist who see it as ethical instruction.
The passage that says the worshipers or idols are dogs and pigs may seem intolerant today but at the time it was written they writing of their enemies the pagan tribes. It is best if i allow a Rabbi to explain it.

I wouldn't even attempt it without a guide.

Forum List

Back